Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:45 pm

Those of you who signed up with an AU, did the first set of cards come in the same envelope or separate? Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:29 pm

5 days after approval the AU card shows up first. Haven’t received master account card yet. Anyone else have same experience?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by peezondeez
I received a denial letter in the mail about 3 weeks after applying. Then another week after that, received the email that i have been approved. Not sure what happened there, but its confirmed on their website that i am approved
A denial letter in the mail should have given the reason for denial. What was the reason given? Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Spouse and I both got generic invites to apply at the same web address. No unique invite code. Website included applyaviatorbusinesscard.com. I have a couple of questions/concerns.

--does getting the invite = higher likelihood of approval?
--does it show up on my credit history (trying to stay under 5/24)
--do they care that I've got 5 hard inquiries (2 are auto loan but should've been only 1 b/c same date/same loan).
--at 3/24 and only 2 in the last year (both business)
--have Barclay Aviator personal (from USairways conversion) and use it $5k/year. Have but never use Barclay arrival. Both no AF cards.
--just today requested decrease in credit line b/c ridiculously high

Can anyone tell me how the above will affect my app? Thanks.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jun 22, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:59 pm

To get The Aviator business card do you have to open the credit card using a business account?
I don't have a business LOL
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:07 pm
akm

Does Barclay pull credit report for the employee card user and will the employee card show up on emplyee's personal credit report? I am wondering if there is ANY downside of getting an employee card for my spouse in order to get the additional 10K points.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Spouse and I both got generic invites to apply at the same web address. No unique invite code. Website included applyaviatorbusinesscard.com. I have a couple of questions/concerns.

--does getting the invite = higher likelihood of approval?
--does it show up on my credit history (trying to stay under 5/24)
--do they care that I've got 5 hard inquiries (2 are auto loan but should've been only 1 b/c same date/same loan).
--at 3/24 and only 2 in the last year (both business)
--have Barclay Aviator personal (from USairways conversion) and use it $5k/year. Have but never use Barclay arrival. Both no AF cards.
--just today requested decrease in credit line b/c ridiculously high

Can anyone tell me how the above will affect my app? Thanks.
- I don't think the invite makes a difference
- The credit pull will show up on whatever bureau they use for your area (Transunion in my case - Ohio) but the card account doesn't show up on your personal report, so it won't count for Chase 5/24
- Sorry, I don't have a good sense of how inquiry sensitive they are for this.
- My wife had the annual fee Red Aviator card when she was approved for this one. She previously had a HA card that hasn't been used much, and was closed several months ago (reduced the annual fee prior to closing). Don't know if any of that impacted the biz card or not though.

Good luck!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Received my card today, applied for AU, no credit check for wife.

They wanted SS DOB, and credit limit desired,

Card to be delivered in 5 days.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Applied Saturday and am pending approval/denial.

I called and was told they have a high volume of applicants. They said it will take the full 7-10 days to have an answer.

Was only asked:

1) Industry
2) Any foreign clients

FWIW, It's a 5 year old company. I have two personal Barclays cards and was 0/24 when applying.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Sup3r52man
Those of you who signed up with an AU, did the first set of cards come in the same envelope or separate? Thanks!
The cards came separate, with the AU card about a week later.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 84fiero
- I don't think the invite makes a difference
- The credit pull will show up on whatever bureau they use for your area (Transunion in my case - Ohio) but the card account doesn't show up on your personal report, so it won't count for Chase 5/24
- Sorry, I don't have a good sense of how inquiry sensitive they are for this.
- My wife had the annual fee Red Aviator card when she was approved for this one. She previously had a HA card that hasn't been used much, and was closed several months ago (reduced the annual fee prior to closing). Don't know if any of that impacted the biz card or not though.

Good luck!
Thanks! My main concern was re the credit report. So I’ll go ahead and give it a try.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:33 am

Can I link my EIN to my card after it was already approved using SSN? Any up or down side to doing this? Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:07 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by junkemail
Can I link my EIN to my card after it was already approved using SSN?....
Why might you want to do this? Have you changed the legal form of your business?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by mia
Why might you want to do this? Have you changed the legal form of your business?
I am curious if it will help with establishing the business credit profile tied to the ein?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:15 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Possibly. Recent article:

https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i...siness-credit/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.