Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Did you apply for the personal or business version?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:56 pm

Business. Wasn't aware they had a personal version.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:16 pm
mia

Moderator action

Originally Posted by haydenhendrix2
Business. Wasn't aware they had a personal version.
I have added your post to the established thread discussing the Aviator Business card. Scroll back to read reports of other application experiences.

The personal Aviator Red card is discussed here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...d-now-50k.html
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:50 pm

How did you make out?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This is more an issue for the Credit Card Prigrams forum rather than related to American Airlines or AAdvantage, so we have moved this thread there.

Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:43 pm
mia

Moderator action

I have also added the replies from the cross-posted thread in the AA forum.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:12 pm

Applied on July 4th. Got the 'Under Review' message and it said they would call me on the number I provided for more info. I have not called recon yet. Currently have the personal Aviator Red, opened March 2018.

A little background: Opened (4) new cards this year; (2) personal in March (Citi AAdvantage and Aviator Red) and (2) business cards with Amex that don't report (Delta Gold and Blue Biz Plus). Only inquiry on TU in the last 6 months is from Barclay and one in December 2017 from Chase when I opened a CSP. So my reports shows me at 2/6, 3/12 and 5/24. Utilization is at 8% and FICO is at 750. I applied as a Sole Proprietor with $2,500 in revenue, which is legitimate. Have past year's 1099, website, invoices, etc.

When I applied for the Aviator Red, status was pending and I got an approval email for $20,000 about 18 hours later. Status for this Aviator Biz is still showing as under review with the 10 day message. This will be my first attempt at dealing with a recon department. I'm not super pressed for the card, just trying to stack AA miles before the signup bonus goes back down to 40K or they stop accepting new apps. I'm willing to reallocat some of the $20K from my personal Aviator, but only enough that will allow me to stay under 10% utilization. Fingers crossed.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 10:15 am

UPDATE!

Finally approved! Don't really know what took so long but I got a call and email today that I was approved for a 5k credit line. I have had 8 new cards open in 6 months so that is probably what took them so long to determine the risk. Also not just issue a card for one purchase and giving a sign up bonus. Not going to be applying for the next 6 months and will make one purchase a month with my Aviator so I can apply for the personal card.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:43 am

Having a personal Aviator reason for denial for business Aviator?

Mr. Bergy Bits has a personal Aviator with a $17,000 limit opened last September. Applied for the business version earlier this week, had to wait for "the letter," and the reason given for denial in the letter is "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware"

He's never been denied before for ANY reason let alone this very lame sounding one, since they aren't even the same product and the personal is his only Barclays card.

My first thought is that he just close the personal, as he has no need for it and the annual fee would be coming up in a few months anyway. And then apply for the business again? Or should he try recon, offer to reduce the limit on the personal, and see what happens that way? I'd almost prefer the cancel since it's on the "to do" list anyway but you guys often see things from different angles.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by Bergy Bits; Jul 12, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:59 pm

Call the consideration department. I just went through it.
Let me know how you make out and good luck
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:43 pm

Waiting Time Between Personal and Business?

I have read each post, but do not recall seeing if there is a waiting period between making a Personal and Business application for the AAdvantage Aviator Cards? I see the "available for new cardmembers only" language, but am assuming that just means "for this offer" since others have attested to having both the personal and business cards.

THANKS!
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:44 am

Multiple Barclays business cards same day?

Will Barclays approve *multiple* business credit card applications in a single day?

Have you ever been approved for multiple Barclays business cards in the same day?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:41 am

Barclays credit limit?

Also: Anybody know Barclays’ limit on total credit from Barclays cards (both personal and business) — either the (1) absolute limit and (2) as a % of income?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 12:00 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
I applied on 6/16, made first purchase on 6/29 and miles posted 7/12. No AF yet.

How bad would I piss them off by closing now? Should I expect miles clawback? I have the Aviator Red Personal which I plan on keeping with the AF instead of churning mainly so I have a MC and a CC from a second bank for when I travel overseas.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
did you attempt to close it and any mile clawback? I haven't seen any reports of mile clawback yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.