Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Belllaaa
Just opened the card. Got $750 limit. First bill was $745. Paid right way. Shows now $95 annual fee and For some reason I still have 0 available credit already 1 week after payment. Anyone else with this problem? If I call will they ask me about the business? Tried to send secure message but they said I need to call. Should I try to pay the $95 now? Should I wait? Don’t want to call if they ask too many questions about business.
I called in a week after applying and they did ask a lot of questions about my business (years in business, nature of business, annual income). They ended up declining me because of too many recent requests for credit. So I can't comment too much on the above question but maybe just wait a few more days first and see if the credit frees up?

As a side note, after being declined for this, I went a few minutes later and applied for the CitiBusiness card, instant approval with a $7,000 limit.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Just opened the card. Got $750 limit. First bill was $745. Paid right way. Shows now $95 annual fee and For some reason I still have 0 available credit already 1 week after payment. Anyone else with this problem? If I call will they ask me about the business? Tried to send secure message but they said I need to call. Should I try to pay the $95 now? Should I wait? Don’t want to call if they ask too many questions about business.
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking or why you'd want to call. My guess is you're upset that paying the $745 balance didn't restore $745 in available credit. My experience going back decades is that some credit card companies restore available credit as soon as they process a payment, while others wait until statement close or some other period. My guess is that the latter are concerned about various forms of the famous bogus check scam (customer charges near max, sends bogus check which restores credit, then charges max amount again, so credit card issuer is on the hook for twice the credit limit).
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure you're checking correctly?

You have at least two accounts when you log into your AviatorBiz account. The default one is for the card, and shows goofy data. You have to switch to the Company Account view to see the correct data.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... First bill was $745......
Do you mean Barclays first statement is for $745, or do you mean that your first transaction was $745 and you paid before the statement was generated?
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking or why you'd want to call. My guess is you're upset that paying the $745 balance didn't restore $745 in available credit. My experience going back decades is that some credit card companies restore available credit as soon as they process a payment, while others wait until statement close or some other period. My guess is that the latter are concerned about various forms of the famous bogus check scam (customer charges near max, sends bogus check which restores credit, then charges max amount again, so credit card issuer is on the hook for twice the credit limit).
you are right. It took about 10 days since I made the payment on the aviator business website until I got back the available credit today without calling. Never happened to me before with any bank that took that long. but also I was never so close to my credit limit. I got only very low credit line of $650 and used $645 on my first bill. (Wasn’t $750, I made a mistake). I guess in the future will try not to go to close to the limit. Either way I am happy I can spend the $1000 for the welcome bonus. Thank all for the advices.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 11:23 am
Suspended

Approved a couple days ago after they asked some questions. Should have the card in about a week.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Miles from SUB posted to my AA account the day after the first statement closed (I had pre-paid the annual fee in advance of the statement closing.)
Old Sep 10, 2020, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Miles from SUB posted to my AA account the day after the first statement closed (I had pre-paid the annual fee in advance of the statement closing.)
Great. Thank you for that data point. I hope to spend ours right away and hopefully obtain the sign up bonus that quickly as well.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:56 pm
Suspended

The cards came today. Absolutely atrocious credit limit ($5,000). My next lowest limit is $37,500.

This really puts a wrench in my plans to pay our $14,000 property taxes with it.

It looks like I’ll need to spend the $1,000 on something else and I’ll just put the taxes on our daily spend Citi AA Executive Card.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy
The cards came today. Absolutely atrocious credit limit ($5,000). My next lowest limit is $37,500.

This really puts a wrench in my plans to pay our $14,000 property taxes with it.

It looks like I’ll need to spend the $1,000 on something else and I’ll just put the taxes on our daily spend Citi AA Executive Card.
Mine was also $5K. Considering other reports were at $750 credit limit, we're doing relatively well.

If you have $14K in spend coming up (side note: I'm glad my property taxes are not the same as yours), you might want to consider obtaining another card with another SUB you can meet with that spend, no?
sdsearch likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Mine was also $5K. Considering other reports were at $750 credit limit, we're doing relatively well.

If you have $14K in spend coming up (side note: I'm glad my property taxes are not the same as yours), you might want to consider obtaining another card with another SUB you can meet with that spend, no?
Wow, well, then I do consider myself lucky (credit limit).

Yes, property taxes are a real booger. I may look at another card for a sign up bonus. I need to look and see what else is out there that we would value and are still eligible for the bonus.

🍻
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
We have this card for a real business. Opened in late 2017. Credit limit is $14,000, and it looks as if that was the original limit.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriscoHeavy

Do you have to pay your taxes all at once in one payment?

Because if not, you could pay $4500 of it (or whatever) on this card, and just put the rest on another card.

Barclays is not a big bank for business cards (I think this might their only business card or close to it?), so you shouldn't expect much from a Barclays business card.

And keep in mind that since business cards (from most banks, including Barclays) don't report to credit reports, you can walk right up to the credit limit on a business card without hurting your credit score, while with a personal card, you want to try to say below 30% of the credit limit (at credit bureau reporting time, which may or may not be the same as your statement date) before it can starts to affect your credit score.

So that's why I recommend you put as much as you can onto this business card first, if you can, and only leave the leftover for a personal card.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Do you have to pay your taxes all at once in one payment?

Because if not, you could pay $4500 of it (or whatever) on this card, and just put the rest on another card.

Barclays is not a big bank for business cards (I think this might their only business card or close to it?), so you shouldn't expect much from a Barclays business card.

And keep in mind that since business cards (from most banks, including Barclays) don't report to credit reports, you can walk right up to the credit limit on a business card without hurting your credit score, while with a personal card, you want to try to say below 30% of the credit limit (at credit bureau reporting time, which may or may not be the same as your statement date) before it can starts to affect your credit score.

So that's why I recommend you put as much as you can onto this business card first, if you can, and only leave the leftover for a personal card.
Yes, I can use multiple cards/do multiple payments to pay (I've done it before to get a couple bonuses) and I'll have to end up doing it again. I suppose I could make a tax payment, pay off the card, go back a few days later, make another tax payment, pay off the card -- repeat this step 3 times, but I like to do things in a clean manner (meaning complete all the transactions in one sitting and be done with it).

What I'll do is put $1,000 on this card, then the remainder on another card - 2 transactions, completed at the same time and be done with it. It's not the end of the world and while I know Barclays isn't a big Business Card bank, $5,000 just made it more difficult to do what I had planned. No big deal - first world problems.

Since I won't pay the property taxes for another 2-3 weeks, I may search out and see if there is another card that suits our needs and has an adequate sign up bonus.

Again, just a mini, completely superficial rant. Since I applied for this card, I had planned on sticking the entire tax payment on it. Now, I just have to adapt my plans a bit.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 7:13 am

Barclays - a very unethical company

Guys - did you folks know that on Aviator business, signing on for paperless statements isn't sufficient to get statements via email? You have to actually set up a specific alert in the Services section to get an email statement. When I didn't get an email after my first statement, I didn't get help from their customer support so opened an executive service ticket. They helped me out but didn't mention once that I have to sign up for this alert

Now I got hit with another late payment and they won't waive it this time around

I've always had issues with Barclays but from this point, I no longer plan to do business with them. They are at the bottom of the companies I would do business with and everybody should stay careful about dealing with them
estnet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.