FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:04 pm
Belllaaa

Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking or why you'd want to call. My guess is you're upset that paying the $745 balance didn't restore $745 in available credit. My experience going back decades is that some credit card companies restore available credit as soon as they process a payment, while others wait until statement close or some other period. My guess is that the latter are concerned about various forms of the famous bogus check scam (customer charges near max, sends bogus check which restores credit, then charges max amount again, so credit card issuer is on the hook for twice the credit limit).
you are right. It took about 10 days since I made the payment on the aviator business website until I got back the available credit today without calling. Never happened to me before with any bank that took that long. but also I was never so close to my credit limit. I got only very low credit line of $650 and used $645 on my first bill. (Wasn’t $750, I made a mistake). I guess in the future will try not to go to close to the limit. Either way I am happy I can spend the $1000 for the welcome bonus. Thank all for the advices.