Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I hadn't realized that Barclays seems to have set up the business card as almost a separate business. My bill payments from my bank account are sent electronically to pay my personal cards, but it seems the business card payments are sent by paper check to Georgia, so instead of taking three business days, it can take ten business days! My payment was late because of this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by anabolism
My bill payments from my bank account are sent electronically to pay my personal cards, but it seems the business card payments are sent by paper check to Georgia, so instead of taking three business days, it can take ten business days!
Using the payment pull from the CC site (instead of push from your bank) is no more than a 1 day delay, basically the same as the personal card site.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Using the payment pull from the CC site (instead of push from your bank) is no more than a 1 day delay, basically the same as the personal card site.
Yes, but I'm in the habit of paying all bills one day a week from my bank. Making special cases to go to the payee site and initiating the payment that way would be extra hassle, plus I do not like setting up ACH authority at other institutions. I strongly prefer to be in control of my finances.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 9:46 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... Making special cases to go to the payee site and initiating the payment that way would be extra hassle,....
Aviator Business can be set to pull the payment from your bank automatically, no need to authorize payment each month.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mia
Aviator Business can be set to pull the payment from your bank automatically, no need to authorize payment each month.
I have no doubt they'd be only too happy to pull payment automatically. Everyone in the world seems to want their customers to authorize automatic debit from their bank accounts. As I said, I prefer to be in control of my finances. I don't want to give any company ACH access to my accounts. Isn't that why banks have bill-pay?
Old Jul 27, 2020, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, but I'm in the habit of paying all bills one day a week from my bank. Making special cases to go to the payee site and initiating the payment that way would be extra hassle, plus I do not like setting up ACH authority at other institutions. I strongly prefer to be in control of my finances.
I have no doubt they'd be only too happy to pull payment automatically. Everyone in the world seems to want their customers to authorize automatic debit from their bank accounts. As I said, I prefer to be in control of my finances. I don't want to give any company ACH access to my accounts. Isn't that why banks have bill-pay?
Decide which it. The "extra hassle" put you more "in control of your finances"! How is it "strongly in control of your finances" to not know whether a payment will arrive on time or be late because you're not doing it from credit card end?

I'm in the habit of paying all bills one day every two weeks, but I do all of them "pulling" from the credit card site, precisely because I don't trust the "pushing" timing from my bank. Plus as a churner, I only need to set up my bank info for at most each card once, and at some banks for only the first card. But the other direction, I'd need to set up separate things to make sure each payment went to right card, and somehow name them unconfusingly, what a hassle that seems to me.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 3:30 pm

In my opinion, Barclays is a large enough institution that bill pay payments made from the largest retail bank in the US should be processed electronically and within three days, for both their business and personal card lines. I don't see why their business cards should be so difficult.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:41 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... Barclays is a large enough institution that bill pay payments made from the largest retail bank in the US should be processed electronically....
What explanation does Bank of America offer for paying this account with a paper check?
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by lkar
Finally got my cards after about a month from approval. It took so long that by the time I got my account set up on line my statement with the annual fee had already closed and was due.

Anyone know when the bonus posts? I read some reports that some Barclays personal cards post bonuses as soon as the spend is met but I am unclear about this business card since it has gone from bonus on first purchase to bonus on $1,000 spend.
Just a response to my own post -- one day after statement close in the month in which I made the spend.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Recently approved for this card (sole proprietor.)

Received the "we're thinking about it" response.....called recon the next morning and, after about 15 mins on the phone, was approved.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Recently approved for this card (sole proprietor.)

Received the "we're thinking about it" response.....called recon the next morning and, after about 15 mins on the phone, was approved.
It might be helpful to the forum to share what, specifically, the phone conversation entailed...

Regards
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by scubadu
It might be helpful to the forum to share what, specifically, the phone conversation entailed...

Regards
First rep mainly verified identity....then passed me on to the credit review rep.

That rep went over the various information I had provided on the application - nature of the business, number of years in business, business income, questions about a loan I had opened two years ago, personal income. He complimented me on my stellar payment history that "was in keeping with Barclay's standards."

Third rep - the "business rep" - did nothing except again verify my identity and then informed me that I had been approved.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
First rep mainly verified identity....then passed me on to the credit review rep.

That rep went over the various information I had provided on the application - nature of the business, number of years in business, business income, questions about a loan I had opened two years ago, personal income. He complimented me on my stellar payment history that "was in keeping with Barclay's standards."

Third rep - the "business rep" - did nothing except again verify my identity and then informed me that I had been approved.
Thanks for sharing, very helpful information.

Regards
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Barclays Business "Congratulation" we are taking benefits away!

"Congratulations! Your AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® has been upgraded to a World Elite Business Mastercard®. Your new Mastercard® benefits will be effective October 1, 2020"
A bunch of other stuff then
"
Also effective October 1, 2020, you will receive unique discounts and offers from Intuit QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, ....... which will help improve the ease of doing business for Mastercard World Elite Business cardmembers.
Your Extended Warranty, Mastercard VAT Reclaim Service, Purchase Assurance, and MasterAssist benefits will be removed as of September 30, 2020;"
So they are giving me the opportunity to get more advertising and TAKING AWAY THE BENEFITS I CARE ABOUT
Old Sep 4, 2020, 2:34 pm

Just opened the card. Got $750 limit. First bill was $745. Paid right way. Shows now $95 annual fee and For some reason I still have 0 available credit already 1 week after payment. Anyone else with this problem? If I call will they ask me about the business? Tried to send secure message but they said I need to call. Should I try to pay the $95 now? Should I wait? Don’t want to call if they ask too many questions about business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.