Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Sept., 2023, 75K miles after $5K spend. LINK: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/

check business card application status: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...NERID=BUSINESS

Benefits guide: https://static.barclaycardus.com/ser...BAR-7809-0.pdf

Reconsideration phone # 1-866-710-2688 or 866-408-4064

Print Wikipost

Barclays AAdvantage Aviator BUSINESS card (applications suspended October 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dantrav
If I spend the $1k ASAP how long would it take for the 75k to hit my AA account?
Mine hit when that month’s statement closed.
dascc likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Mine hit when that month’s statement closed.
Did you pay off the CC including the annual fee before the first statement closed? Think I read somewhere that the bonus doesn't post until the annual fee/first statement is paid off, so points would come with the 2nd statement.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by B747forever
Did you pay off the CC including the annual fee before the first statement closed? Think I read somewhere that the bonus doesn't post until the annual fee/first statement is paid off, so points would come with the 2nd statement.
No I did not.
dascc likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
No I did not.
Thanks! So going to let the first statement close without paying off the CC before. Hopefully the SUB will post.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B747forever
Well, my annual fee didn't post until the second statement, and I didn't complete my minimum statement. And yet before paying that second statement, my signup bonus points posted.

So your question is oversimplified, because you seem to assume that every gets the same timing of when the annual fee posts, when the spend is completed, etc, etc. But that's not apparently not the case.

I was approved in mid-August. My first statement was August 26, but my annual fee didn't post until August 30, and thus ended up on my second statement.

So maybe if your annual fee and all your minimum spend is on your first statement, then maybe you have to wait until your second statement, I don't know. But in my case, everything happened on the second statement.

Furthermore, we don't know if the timing works the same on the business card (which has a minimum spend requirement) as on the personal card (which has a single purchase requirement), do we?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Dantrav
If I spend the $1k ASAP how long would it take for the 75k to hit my AA account?
I met the MSR within the first month, paid off the card plus an additional $95 for the expected annual fee, and received the bonus when my first statement posted.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:13 pm

Can i apply for this and the aviator red at the same time?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Can i apply for this and the aviator red at the same time?
Why at the same time? The pulls won't be merged, and they'll see the first pull by the time they're ready to process the second application. (Pulls these days are instant.)
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Why at the same time? The pulls won't be merged, and they'll see the first pull by the time they're ready to process the second application. (Pulls these days are instant.)
I wanted the hard pulls to be as close together as possible.

Another comment:
The account management for this card is horrendous. I cannot figure out what I'm looking at here.
I've put about $1000 in spend on the card, making payments along the way due to my $650 credit limit.
However, there seems to be two accounts, one main and one for myself.
One still says it has a balance although I'm sure I've completely paid off the card!!!

Once i receive the SUB, I will never use this card again!!!!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Travelchurner
I wanted the hard pulls to be as close together as possible.

Another comment:
The account management for this card is horrendous. I cannot figure out what I'm looking at here.
I've put about $1000 in spend on the card, making payments along the way due to my $650 credit limit.
However, there seems to be two accounts, one main and one for myself.
One still says it has a balance although I'm sure I've completely paid off the card!!!

Once i receive the SUB, I will never use this card again!!!!
This is isn't uncommon, IMO.
Barclay and US Bank do this as well. I think BofA and some Citi cards have this "feature".
Yes, just verified my BofA Alaska Business has this same "feature" two account #'s and one's the "corporate/billing" account.

Basically there's a "central billing" account where the statement (not "invoice") shows up and that's where/how you pay the bill.
Then there's a sub-account (and if you have any employee cards, there's multiple sub-accounts) where you see the diff. card numbers and if you look at the statements, typically they say you *can't* pay that, it's only an invoice type of thing.

I've not seen this on Chase, however, although I've not gotten any employee cards for Chase.

Although yes, the Barclay website is atrocious, as is US Bank. Chase used to have its own quirks (although I think they resolved the issue where your charges would show up and disappear for days on end for no apparent reason).

Not keen on Citi's either. But that's a small price to pay for a SUB.

Last edited by luv2vacay; Oct 8, 2019 at 9:36 am
Old Oct 8, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
How do I close my account online? The don't seem to have a chat or secure msg ala Amex and Chase. I went to Account management tool and clicked "Close Account", for the corporate billing, and for both card accounts, though I haven't received an email or anything to confirm they are closed.

Is there a way to tell? I would like to make sure they are closed so I can apply again in the future.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 3:41 pm

So my statement closed yesterday and "Total AAdvantage Miles Sent to American Airlines" is listed as 77,329 (that's the 65k SUB+10k AU+spend). But it's not showing on my AA account. Is there a lag or do I need to call? I'm not in a rush but want to make sure I don't have an issue.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
For a business card this should not count against the Chase tally. You are getting employee cards, you're not an authorized user, it's a business card. But don't trust me; trust DoC.

Then factor in the possibility of a little bad luck, because it is Barclays...
I can't find this specifically addressed by DoC... Has anyone verified that the EMPLOYEE card does not show up on the employee's credit report? We know the business card will not show up on the business owner's report but I can't find anyone specifically verifying the same for the employee card.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by luv2vacay
This is isn't uncommon, IMO.
Barclay and US Bank do this as well. I think BofA and some Citi cards have this "feature".
Yes, just verified my BofA Alaska Business has this same "feature" two account #'s and one's the "corporate/billing" account.

Basically there's a "central billing" account where the statement (not "invoice") shows up and that's where/how you pay the bill.
Then there's a sub-account (and if you have any employee cards, there's multiple sub-accounts) where you see the diff. card numbers and if you look at the statements, typically they say you *can't* pay that, it's only an invoice type of thing.

I've not seen this on Chase, however, although I've not gotten any employee cards for Chase.

Although yes, the Barclay website is atrocious, as is US Bank. Chase used to have its own quirks (although I think they resolved the issue where your charges would show up and disappear for days on end for no apparent reason).

Not keen on Citi's either. But that's a small price to pay for a SUB.
So I've completely paid off the card. The main company account shows a balance of $0. However, when I look at the individual account (that has the same 4 digits of my card number) it still shows a balance of about $500.
Since my credit limit was only $650 to begin with, it also shows available credit of $90 or so.
I made the payments at least a week ago!!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
I can't find this specifically addressed by DoC... Has anyone verified that the EMPLOYEE card does not show up on the employee's credit report? We know the business card will not show up on the business owner's report but I can't find anyone specifically verifying the same for the employee card.
They don't ask for SSN when applying for the employee card, only name/DOB/address. So it won't show up on said persons credit report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.