Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
You need to switch to Samsung Pay, then you can use Android Pay with Radpad, and Samsung Pay everywhere else. With Paypal integration coming soon, you will be able to use Android Pay anywhere online, where Paypal is accepted, which is almost everywhere.
Plastiq also codes as travel with Visa, when you you set your biller to Rental/Real Estate. That will give you 3x as well as Radpad, but with lower fee.
Woah woah, paypal integration? Where did you read that?
Old May 16, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by MacroMicro
Woah woah, paypal integration? Where did you read that?
https://www.paypal.com/stories/us/en...ip-with-google
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/a...id-pay-faq3453
https://blog.google/topics/shopping-...ay-and-paypal/
Old May 16, 2017, 11:20 pm

Edit: Ignore my comment, I was mistaken. The 2nd link to the help article references android pay integration with paypal online.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:24 am

So linking a paypal account to contactless payment, using the contactless payment for an in-store and online purchase, and earning no miles and points? Is that the way this paypal integration will work?

I feel like I am missing something....
Old May 17, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
So linking a paypal account to contactless payment, using the contactless payment for an in-store and online purchase, and earning no miles and points? Is that the way this paypal integration will work?

I feel like I am missing something....
No, the main point is using Paypal online with Android Pay as a funding source. But it's not working yet.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:50 am

No, the main point is using Paypal online with Android Pay as a funding source. But it's not working yet.

Funding a paypal balance with android pay online? wow! This means getting 3x with Altitude reserve for funding the paypal balance and also getting 1x cash back everywhere with a paypal business debit card.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:58 am

I'm doing a test with Plastiq on order to see if it codes as travel. The same payment with CSR coded as travel.
Old May 17, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Funding a paypal balance with android pay online? wow! This means getting 3x with Altitude reserve for funding the paypal balance and also getting 1x cash back everywhere with a paypal business debit card.
In theory, yes. Or maybe funding it with Citi ATTAM? Not sure if it will code as 3x.
Old May 17, 2017, 12:45 pm

Hopefully Plastiq codes travel for this card if not oh well at least I'll meet my MS for the card.
Old May 17, 2017, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by PhantomRider
Hopefully Plastiq codes travel for this card if not oh well at least I'll meet my MS for the card.
If not, you can use Radpad + Android pay instead.
Old May 17, 2017, 2:10 pm

If not, you can use Radpad + Android pay instead.

Radpad is for paying a rent and you can't pay a mortgage so for some people Radpad is not an option.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:15 pm

I'm doing a test with Plastiq on order to see if it codes as travel. The same payment with CSR coded as travel.
Even if it codes as "travel", you wouldn't get 3x points anyway, and the $325 travel credit wouldn't apply, since this card only counts purchases directly with an airline, hotel, cruise, etc. as travel.
Old May 18, 2017, 6:52 am

The charge on plastiq cleared for me and looks like they coded it as 7011 which is under Lodging - Hotels, Motels, etc.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:25 am

Gift card purchases causing some accounts to be closed

I see in postings elsewhere (and here) where many accounts have been closed for gift card purchases at various stores (such as CVS). It has been suggested that USBank is looking at "level 3 data" to find these GC purchases. I am wondering if GC purchases at a local retailer (such as a restaurant chain, i.e. Friday's, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc) would trigger the level 3 data search or could these purchases "slip through the cracks"? Any thoughts on this or GC purchases in general? One posting suggested that one not use a mobile payment to purchase GC's.
Old May 18, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
Originally Posted by TucsonSam
I see in postings elsewhere (and here) where many accounts have been closed for gift card purchases at various stores (such as CVS). It has been suggested that USBank is looking at "level 3 data" to find these GC purchases. I am wondering if GC purchases at a local retailer (such as a restaurant chain, i.e. Friday's, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc) would trigger the level 3 data search or could these purchases "slip through the cracks"? Any thoughts on this or GC purchases in general? One posting suggested that one not use a mobile payment to purchase GC's.
I don't think they are using Level 3 data, they are just assuming that $1,000 at a CVS or $1,000 at a grocery store is MS. I would recommend lower gift cards $300 or less at store where you could normally spend $300, or $200 at other stores etc. Then it will not be noticeable or an issue with US Bank - I think they are just concerned about large amounts on 3x points as gaming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.