Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: yugi
US Bank Altitude Reserve card
  • 50,000 bonus points after $4,500 spend within first 90 days
  • Up to $325 annually (cardmember year NOT calendar year) in statement credits for eligible travel and dining/takeout purchases
  • $400 annual fee
  • Free authorized users
  • 3x on travel and mobile wallet purchases
  • 5x on hotel and car rental purchases made via US Bank portal
Travel category is defined as follows: purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, limousines, passenger trains and cruise line companies
Mobile wallet category is defined as follows: the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and includes ApplePay®, Samsung Pay, Android Google Pay™, Microsoft Wallet, LG Pay®

Card provides primary CDW coverage in the US for cars up to $75k in value up to 15 days. In other countries coverage is up to 31 days. Excluded countries: Israel, Jamaica, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Card provides 8 Priority Pass lounge visits per PP membership year.

Direct link to application:
http://mycard.usbank.com/credit/team...e_reserve.html

Point Redemptions
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point value for travel purchases made directly at the US Bank travel site
  • Redeem at 1.5c per point for travel purchases made at other sites when using the Realtime Rewards feature. Must enroll first.
  • Otherwise redeem at 1c per point.
  • With Realtime Rewards it's possible to redeem for fees such as Delta award charges for example.
  • To redeem for lodging the minimum purchase must be $500 $150 and you must have enough points to cover the whole purchase. For car rentals, the minimum is $250 $150. $10 minimum for the rest of the categories.
  • Some non-US travel charges work with Realtime Rewards even though they shouldn't.

Reconsideration Line: 1-800-947-1444

Print Wikipost

US Bank Altitude Reserve Card (2017 - 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by huge
OK I'm just going to assume that my credit expires tomorrow, and I'm going to buy a $325+ ticket on Alaska for February 2022, at some point either canceling it and depositing the credit into Alaska's My Wallet balance, or changing it to a flight I want to take. Is there any problem with that strategy?
I can tell you from experience that it resets on anniversary date. A few years ago, I had around $30 left of the $325 and thought I had til my statement closing date (10 days after my anniversary date). I made a hotel charge of around $100 on a date that fell in between anniversary date and my statement closing date, figuring that I would only get credited for the remaining $30. I got credited for the $100. CSR explained that I had already started the new travel credit year.
huge likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 5:42 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by huge
OK I'm just going to assume that my credit expires tomorrow, and I'm going to buy a $325+ ticket on Alaska for February 2022, at some point either canceling it and depositing the credit into Alaska's My Wallet balance, or changing it to a flight I want to take. Is there any problem with that strategy?
you have until you statement closing date, in which anniversary date occurs.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Hello folks,

Have not checked this thread for a while, hope on your wisdom and advice.

Q1. With the new additional user fee removed, if one gets the additional card and adds the card to a phone, will be spending from that phone with that additional card count as 3x earning points?

Q2. Can additional card ordered for a family member which does not have SSN but has ITIN and permanently lives overseas?

Q3. Is these any other card currently offering benefits (either cashback or points) for mobile wallet/contactless spend?

thanks
Old Mar 22, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by invisible
Hello folks,

Have not checked this thread for a while, hope on your wisdom and advice.

Q1. With the new additional user fee removed, if one gets the additional card and adds the card to a phone, will be spending from that phone with that additional card count as 3x earning points?

Q2. Can additional card ordered for a family member which does not have SSN but has ITIN and permanently lives overseas?

Q3. Is these any other card currently offering benefits (either cashback or points) for mobile wallet/contactless spend?

thanks
1) Yes
2) Not via self service. You would have to call US Bank.
3) Apple Card offers 2% or 3% cash back with Apple Pay depending on merchant. Obviously worse than USB AR.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 8:25 am

Thanks. Was hoping for something else than Apple card...
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
USB is very generous with credit lines
Old Mar 22, 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Not really lol. My wife got approved for this card last week. They only gave her 10k. She's had cards since 95 and credit lines are between 30k-50k. This is her lowest credit card limit. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old Mar 22, 2021, 3:19 pm

For me, one card over 100K and combined over 200K with USB. I feel that is ridiculously generous.
808traveler likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 3:04 pm

USB is very unpredictable with credit lines. I got approved for a USB card recently with a limit that's much lower than any of my other recent cards. No idea why.

Last edited by jebr; Mar 23, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Old Mar 23, 2021, 7:39 pm

Might be just you. For me, it's by far the lowest CL I've ever received.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:50 pm

Could you define what you mean? I was given $18K limit while having $100k sitting in their MM deposit. Contrary, Chase gave me $40k.

Also, if I ask for credit line increase, will it generate new requests to credit bureaus?

Last edited by invisible; Mar 23, 2021 at 9:11 pm
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by dinkoh
Might be just you. For me, it's by far the lowest CL I've ever received.
These comments make me wonder if it is luck of the draw. When I applied, I was not auto approved, got a call from a RMR who approved the card and asked what kind of a limit I wanted. I replied jokingly because I hate banks asking me what I want, when usually they will give me less than I asked for and if they don't, I wonder if I should have asked for more. So I just went for the moon and she said, "Okay, we really would like your business on this card, so I will set that as your credit limit now....." Should I have said $250,000? See, now I will never know.

Could you define what you mean? I was given $18K limit while having $100k sitting in their MM deposit. Contrary, Chase gave me $40k.

Also, if I ask for credit line increase, will it generate new requests to credit bureaus?
Your age and assets make a difference.

if I ask for credit line increase, will it generate new requests to credit bureaus?
Usually for me it is a soft pull. You have to do it through the online system for a soft pull.

Last edited by mia; Mar 26, 2021 at 7:02 am
Old Apr 20, 2021, 2:01 pm

Has anyone gotten RTR to work recently? I haven't gotten one since 3/1 and I tried to re-enroll but never got text message again. Anyone having this issue?
Old Apr 20, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
Has anyone gotten RTR to work recently? I haven't gotten one since 3/1 and I tried to re-enroll but never got text message again. Anyone having this issue?
I'm not sure if this is recent enough, but I used it twice on 3/19.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by mrcaptain
i used it on an alaska airlines flight yesterday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.