Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2014-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I think I found the contactless reader on Wells Fargo ATMs:

It doesn't work yet though, and neither does EMV.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by tmiw
I think I found the contactless reader on Wells Fargo ATMs:

It doesn't work yet though, and neither does EMV.
That's awesome. I think it is coming soon. I hope I see them pop up here in Arizona soon.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RedLight2015
That's awesome. I think it is coming soon. I hope I see them pop up here in Arizona soon.
One concern is the lack of the contactless logo on there. Maybe that'll get added right before it goes live.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:49 am

The Sunoco attendant refused to accept my card. I explained to them that it's just like swiping an Amex, but they then said their indoor systems are PIN debit only. I refuse to believe that. Oh, and they also said no to using my debit over Apple Pay. This was an MX8xx with external contactless.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by emmanuel_t
The Sunoco attendant refused to accept my card. I explained to them that it's just like swiping an Amex, but they then said their indoor systems are PIN debit only. I refuse to believe that. Oh, and they also said no to using my debit over Apple Pay. This was an MX8xx with external contactless.
I have never heard of it being debit only. I would go back and it again and see if it is just that attendant. And if it is, get that person's info and call it in. Make sure you leave your items there too to make a statement. I guess some business owners just don't like money.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:03 am

I have never heard of it being debit only. I would go back and it again and see if it is just that attendant. And if it is, get that person's info and call it in. Make sure you leave your items there too to make a statement. I guess some business owners just don't like money.
I was trying to prepay $15 for fuel.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:17 am

Looks like Cinnabon is going for Revel's iPad solution with a Verifone VX805 facing the customer! Really nice setup, and has EMV and Apple pay.
The local franchise here uses FD130 duo
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Nacron
The local franchise here uses FD130 duo
Apparently this system will be system wide including franchisees. It'll be part of an entire brand image including a new logo and some new items. They decided the iPad POS system looks the most sleek and fits the new brand image. So expect to see these even at franchise stores.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:34 pm

I went to a Whole Foods today where I've never been and their entire POS is different. There's a screen facing customers now and the cashier's screen also more closely resembles a tablet. This location also has different text on the MX915 screen, saying "Swipe/Tap your Payment" instead of "swipe/tap your card/phone". They have the blue light on for the slot but chip is not active yet. In addition, the receipts are completely different. They have a barcode now and the layout is different. It contains more info about the payment. Entry method is still nowhere to be found though.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:58 pm

I went to a Whole Foods today where I've never been and their entire POS is different. There's a screen facing customers now and the cashier's screen also more closely resembles a tablet. This location also has different text on the MX915 screen, saying "Swipe/Tap your Payment" instead of "swipe/tap your card/phone". They have the blue light on for the slot but chip is not active yet. In addition, the receipts are completely different. They have a barcode now and the layout is different. It contains more info about the payment. Entry method is still nowhere to be found though.
Yes that is their new NCR Retalix system and my local Whole Foods was one of the first to get it with EMV enabled, which started out with some registers, but moved to all registers within a month. The registers that didn't have EMV on had that same message "Swipe/Tap Your Payment" until EMV was enabled and they added Insert. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._195835382.jpg

Supervalu's system is the same Retalix with EMV & NFC enabled and the message is exactly the same: https://app.box.com/s/wsfolqcfmxgteuyfpy6itxbllmhou8h9 (My Local Whole Foods)
Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by scibot
Yes that is their new NCR Retalix system and my local Whole Foods was one of the first to get it with EMV enabled, which started out with some registers, but moved to all registers within a month. The registers that didn't have EMV on had that same message "Swipe/Tap Your Payment" until EMV was enabled and they added Insert. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._195835382.jpg

Supervalu's system is the same Retalix with EMV & NFC enabled and the message is exactly the same: https://app.box.com/s/wsfolqcfmxgteuyfpy6itxbllmhou8h9 (My Local Whole Foods)
Aren't all Whole Foods moving to this system? It seems some stores use NCR, Some use IBM, some use Fujitsu. They really need to standardize this.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:00 pm

Aren't all Whole Foods moving to this system? It seems some stores use NCR, Some use IBM, some use Fujitsu. They really need to standardize this.
My Whole Foods had the IBM 4690 system before they upgraded to NCR Retalix, but I've never seen a Fujitsu system at a Whole Foods. Yes I believe all IBM systems will be upgraded to NCR, but no idea about the Fujitsu ones.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by scibot
My Whole Foods had the IBM 4690 system before they upgraded to NCR Retalix, but I've never seen a Fujitsu system at a Whole Foods. Yes I believe all IBM systems will be upgraded to NCR, but no idea about the Fujitsu ones.
Here in Arizona they're all Fujitsu. Unfortunately there's no sign of EMV at all. Is there a way someone could sneak a pic of the new NCR setup? I'd like to see the new customer facing screen.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Interesting. The Whole Foods near where I work uses the IBM 4690 system, and has Ingenico pin pads, that are shaped similarly to the VeriFone MX915. Apple Pay works on those Ingenico pads.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:48 pm

Here in Arizona they're all Fujitsu. Unfortunately there's no sign of EMV at all. Is there a way someone could sneak a pic of the new NCR setup? I'd like to see the new customer facing screen.
https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d3&oe=57B90BB5 It looks quite fancy and I remember reading an article about Whole Foods nearing a 18 to 24 month upgrade plan to change to Retalix. http://risnews.edgl.com/retail-news/...-Platform88827 Its been past that time and they haven't changed all of them yet.

Originally Posted by diburning
Interesting. The Whole Foods near where I work uses the IBM 4690 system, and has Ingenico pin pads, that are shaped similarly to the VeriFone MX915. Apple Pay works on those Ingenico pads.
I thought they only used Verifone MX915/MX860's at Whole Foods well I guess it really isn't all that standard as I thought it was. Are these: http://www.ingenico.co.uk/zee_upload...rscreen-hd.jpg what they use at your WF?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.