FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

edbyu Jul 18, 2014 6:58 am

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka (Post 23213646)
Open up a WF checking account. Push the money into it. I'd advise staying under 10K for all transfers.
Next question.

Here's the next question! :)

Why do you recommend transfers under $10k? When you mention push transferring - are you same day wiring or ACH pushing?

FT-hss Jul 18, 2014 9:51 am

Getting this for past couple of days, anyone else?
https://www.mywellsfargorewards.com/#/SelectRan
Thank you for visiting Wells Fargo RewardsŪ

The Wells Fargo RewardsŪ website is currently unavailable due to routine scheduled maintenance. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. The website will be back up shortly.

Please check back soon.

cdancer20 Jul 18, 2014 11:25 am

Originally Posted by FT-hss (Post 23218307)
Getting this for past couple of days, anyone else?
https://www.mywellsfargorewards.com/#/SelectRan
Thank you for visiting Wells Fargo RewardsŪ

The Wells Fargo RewardsŪ website is currently unavailable due to routine scheduled maintenance. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. The website will be back up shortly.

Please check back soon.

Nope. Just logged in through my Wells Fargo acct. Try that.

zeppoloveskafka Jul 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by edbyu (Post 23217526)
Here's the next question! :)

Why do you recommend transfers under $10k? When you mention push transferring - are you same day wiring or ACH pushing?

I meant ACH pushing.
I recommend transfers under 10K only based on one personal experience. Several months back I did an ACH pull from Ally taking money from BofA. I was depositing 50K+ of money orders in BofA for a long period of time with no issues. Shortly after that first 10K+ transfer, my BofA account was shut down, I can only guess because there was some communication about the large transfer. I still think pulls are safer, but I believe that 2x9000 is safer than 1x10,000.

zeppoloveskafka Jul 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Just some data for others, today I had my first issues with this card. I had a 3k CVS declined following immediately by the same 3K go through. Then 1.5K was declined at supermarket, and when I got home I saw a message on the website saying card was temporarily blocked, and number to call. I had designed a lengthy route for my afternoon, but had to abort it.

I called the number and fortunately I just had to clear my last 5 transactions. The only thing I've been doing differently is making more smaller purchases, since I can't do 5K at Rite-Aid and supermarkets.

teddy25 Jul 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Missing points

It looks like WF didn't credit any points for couple of transaction around July 3rd/4th. Might be a IT issue.

I am out +-$250, I am hoping the issue will fix it self when billing cycle closes. I am not going to ask for it.(hope no human look in to my acct details)

Anyone Seeing this issue?

zeppoloveskafka Jul 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 23219811)
It looks like WF didn't credit any points for couple of transaction around July 3rd/4th. Might be a IT issue.

I am out +-$250, I am hoping the issue will fix it self when billing cycle closes. I am not going to ask for it.(hope no human look in to my acct details)

Good catch. It took some careful sleuthing, but I noticed the same issue. A purchase made on 7/3 definitely didn't post to rewards. It's a bit confusing to track it down, but I think a purchase a purchase from the 2nd or 4th also didn't post, but I'm not sure which. I'm only out $50... but move the window a couple days earlier, and it would have been $500.

Yes, best to keep quiet about this.

adminds Jul 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Any more churability data points?

geewitz71 Jul 19, 2014 3:19 pm

I searched for it but couldn't find. Anyone can please confirm Giant food store purchases( the meta bank gift card) would categorize as groceries and posts 5x cashback, correct?

zeppoloveskafka Jul 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by geewitz71 (Post 23223726)
I searched for it but couldn't find. Anyone can please confirm Giant food store purchases( the meta bank gift card) would categorize as groceries and posts 5x cashback, correct?

yes, since Giant is a grocery store. Everything in a supermarket gets 5%. If they sold monkeys in Giant, you'd get 5% back from buying a monkey.

rgAAFT Jul 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by adminds (Post 23220703)
Any more churability data points?

I'd be interested to know as well?

hokiegl Jul 19, 2014 9:06 pm

5X points posted for 2nd card

My statement closed and I got the 5X points. I had previously had a Wells Fargo card that I closed in 2009.

Rob14 Jul 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25 (Post 23219811)

I'm out 75 bucks from purchases made on July 3. My statement closed today, I'll see if it works it's self out on my billing cycle.

ziwei Jul 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka (Post 23219266)
Just some data for others, today I had my first issues with this card. I had a 3k CVS declined following immediately by the same 3K go through. Then 1.5K was declined at supermarket, and when I got home I saw a message on the website saying card was temporarily blocked, and number to call. I had designed a lengthy route for my afternoon, but had to abort it.

I called the number and fortunately I just had to clear my last 5 transactions. The only thing I've been doing differently is making more smaller purchases, since I can't do 5K at Rite-Aid and supermarkets.

what is the number you called? Today I got a message when I logged into my WF account:
Alert
Use of account ending in 3577 is temporarily restricted. Please call us at 1-800-642-4720

had a 1K in supermarket on Friday and 1.5K supermarket on Saturday, and today (Sunday) used at gas station ($15.xx) and then target ($40.xx). Everything is fine, no fraud alert, but the ALERT message. Any hints?

Rob14 Jul 20, 2014 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ziwei (Post 23228898)
what is the number you called? Today I got a message when I logged into my WF account:
Alert
Use of account ending in 3577 is temporarily restricted. Please call us at 1-800-642-4720

had a 1K in supermarket on Friday and 1.5K supermarket on Saturday, and today (Sunday) used at gas station ($15.xx) and then target ($40.xx). Everything is fine, no fraud alert, but the ALERT message. Any hints?

Probably to get yelled at for overpaying?