FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

xlax Jul 6, 2014 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 23119572)
A lot of us have the "Platinum" card. You're issue could be either A)You didn't qualify for the card with 5x (didn't know there were levels though) or B) You didn't get the benefits b/c you had a Wells Fargo card before.

Just got my card in the mail and it's a Plat. I'm still earning 5x on the bonus categories, correct? I will run out a few charges on it later today and then check, but wanted to confirm that Plat does not necessarily mean no 5x. Thanks.

xlax

fetchercity Jul 6, 2014 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by xlax (Post 23152076)
Just got my card in the mail and it's a Plat. I'm still earning 5x on the bonus categories, correct? I will run out a few charges on it later today and then check, but wanted to confirm that Plat does not necessarily mean no 5x. Thanks.

xlax

My Plat card did not come loaded with the 5x offer. Perhaps you will get luckier

toxicity Jul 6, 2014 2:20 pm

xlax

xlax Jul 6, 2014 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity (Post 23152501)

I did that and poked around for a bit but couldn't figure anything out. I also tried the method in the Wiki but my two purchases have not yet posted.

cdancer20 Jul 6, 2014 7:39 pm

xlax

Originally Posted by fetchercity (Post 23152452)
My Plat card did not come loaded with the 5x offer. Perhaps you will get luckier

As I stated just a couple of pages back, many of us on this thread have Platinum cards. As long as you have not had any other WF's card (just to be 100% sure), you should be fine.

xlax Jul 9, 2014 8:30 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 23153698)
As I stated just a couple of pages back, many of us on this thread have Platinum cards. As long as you have not had any other WF's card (just to be 100% sure), you should be fine.

Thanks. That's how I interpreted your post, but wanted to confirm.

How long does it take before I can check to see if I'm getting 5x for various purchases as explained in the Wiki?

cdancer20 Jul 9, 2014 8:34 am

Originally Posted by xlax (Post 23168347)
Thanks. That's how I interpreted your post, but wanted to confirm.

How long does it take before I can check to see if I'm getting 5x for various purchases as explained in the Wiki?

As soon as the charge posts to your acct. It won't show you the cashback amount but it will show:
Base Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 WM SUPERCENTER #XXXXX - XXXXXXX - XX $2.50 3 Pending
Bonus Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months $2.50 10 Pending

Silverthunder Jul 9, 2014 11:09 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 23150714)
Best way to avoid this is to ask for a CLI. (use the over payment warning as reasoning for needing one) I was in a similar situation and then asked for large enough CL so that I wouldn't need to over pay ..
Never had any issues (except frequent fraud alerts) for the remainder of my promo period

I did survive another warning from them.
I am just not so sure that it's worth the hard pull. I guess it probably is but I only have a month left for the promo.

xlax Jul 9, 2014 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 23168382)
As soon as the charge posts to your acct. It won't show you the cashback amount but it will show:
Base Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 WM SUPERCENTER #XXXXX - XXXXXXX - XX $2.50 3 Pending
Bonus Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months $2.50 10 Pending

Great. Thanks.

ziwei Jul 9, 2014 9:41 pm

which grocery stores qualify for the 5%?

I tested at Stopshop & pathmark, and both are counted as 5% stores.
we also have A&P and ACME nearby as supermarkets. Has any one tried in these stores and got 5%?

Thank you

yoyo Jul 10, 2014 7:41 am

Originally Posted by ziwei (Post 23172408)
I tested at Stopshop & pathmark, and both are counted as 5% stores.
we also have A&P and ACME nearby as supermarkets. Has any one tried in these stores and got 5%?

Thank you

A&P does.

ziwei Jul 10, 2014 8:58 am

Originally Posted by yoyo (Post 23174244)
A&P does.

Thank you so much!

hokiegl Jul 10, 2014 9:00 am

Confirmed - 2nd account is getting 5X

I posted earlier about getting a second Wells Fargo CC. My first grocery transaction has just hit the Pending Activity on the rewards site and its showing all 3 lines (regular 1X, 20K bonus and 4X)

To clarify, I previously had a "regular" Wells Fargo CC that I closed in 2009, not a 5X card.

nrdk Jul 10, 2014 9:08 am

Originally Posted by hokiegl (Post 23174674)
I posted earlier about getting a second Wells Fargo CC. My first grocery transaction has just hit the Pending Activity on the rewards site and its showing all 3 lines (regular 1X, 20K bonus and 4X)

To clarify, I previously had a "regular" Wells Fargo CC that I closed in 2009, not a 5X card.

Where'd you come across the 20k bonus?

ibleed0range Jul 10, 2014 10:50 am

Originally Posted by nrdk (Post 23174711)
Where'd you come across the 20k bonus?

It is targeted.