FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

AYYK Sep 8, 2015 7:56 pm

LOL just realized I only have 4 posts here and no one in their right mind would help yet another person get into the WF game. Will have to just find the few guys on DDF that know about this.

skierinvermont Sep 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Will I earn points on transactions made on the last day of the promotion, or only on transactions that post to the account (2 day lag for most) by the last day?

geclub1 Sep 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by skierinvermont (Post 25408207)
Will I earn points on transactions made on the last day of the promotion, or only on transactions that post to the account (2 day lag for most) by the last day?

My experience is as follows. When WF posts charge into your account, it back dates to the transaction date. Therefore, I think you will get all bonus for transactions made on the last day of the promotion.

I went back into my reward history and double checked. I can confirm that's what happened in my account.

ericliujian Sep 15, 2015 6:52 pm

I want pull some money from other bank to wells fargo checking. Does anyone know if there is any limit or fees for doing this? And how long does this take? One or two days?I really appreciate your help.

coolguy100 Sep 15, 2015 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 25431416)
I want pull some money from other bank to wells fargo checking. Does anyone know if there is any limit or fees for doing this? And how long does this take? One or two days?I really appreciate your help.

first add the external account inside your wells fargo account ( 2 trial deposits for verification). there is a $6k limit for 30 days limit for ACH pull ( no fee). it takes 3 business days for money to show up after initiating the ACH pull in your wells fargo account.

I found the best approach is to just write a check to yourself , then deposit the check into your wells fargo checking account. I did it yesterday morning and the money was available this morning. I was wondering if there will be a holding to my check and it turned out to be no holding for my case. (11k check deposit).

coolguy100 Sep 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by geclub1 (Post 25408221)
My experience is as follows. When WF posts charge into your account, it back dates to the transaction date. Therefore, I think you will get all bonus for transactions made on the last day of the promotion.

I went back into my reward history and double checked. I can confirm that's what happened in my account.

yes for most cases. my recent statement closed on 9/9. 2 transitions from my account records:

Trans Date Posting Date
09/08/15 09/10/15 WALGREENS
09/09/15 09/10/15 ALGREENS

since statement closed 9/9, those 2 transaction couldn't be processed before the closing date, so they were not back dated.

ajhardee Sep 16, 2015 3:16 am

Fraud alert!

Both my Wells Fargo credit card and Checking/Debit card have been hacked. They only did $25 transactions each day for 4 days on my signature card via "Paypal Gifts". Then tonight I activated my new signature card they sent me via Fedex to find out that a transaction of $2999.99 was auto deducted from my checking account on 9/15 from "VENMO PAYMENT 99576523 MAZAHIR HUSAIN"
I called Wells Fargo Fraud Department and they opened a case and gave me the phone number and transaction ID to call. I called the number and its a voicemail to Venmo Support. Has anyone else had this happen to them???

ericliujian Sep 17, 2015 9:58 am

I think I use Bluebird to bill pay wells fargo card. But the credit line did not release. Do I need to call to get it resolved or just wait 1 week?

diseased Sep 17, 2015 10:04 am

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 25439696)
I think I use Bluebird to bill pay wells fargo card. But the credit line did not release. Do I need to call to get it resolved or just wait 1 week?

It's usually released on the fifth business day, ime.

Wakinguptooearly Sep 17, 2015 11:42 am

Originally Posted by coolguy100 (Post 25432204)
first add the external account inside your wells fargo account ( 2 trial deposits for verification). there is a $6k limit for 30 days limit for ACH pull ( no fee). it takes 3 business days for money to show up after initiating the ACH pull in your wells fargo account.

I found the best approach is to just write a check to yourself , then deposit the check into your wells fargo checking account. I did it yesterday morning and the money was available this morning. I was wondering if there will be a holding to my check and it turned out to be no holding for my case. (11k check deposit).

Oh this is good info. Is there a limit for ACH push as well? Or does that depend on the bank you're pushing from. Second question: how much MO do you guys deposit direct monthly to WF checking? I figure it would be easier to go that route, so I would push it as much as I can.

ericliujian Sep 17, 2015 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wakinguptooearly (Post 25440295)
Oh this is good info. Is there a limit for ACH push as well? Or does that depend on the bank you're pushing from. Second question: how much MO do you guys deposit direct monthly to WF checking? I figure it would be easier to go that route, so I would push it as much as I can.

I think the limit is 6000 from other bank to wells fargo per 30 days. Really not enough.

DL172 Sep 18, 2015 7:15 pm

private

travelfreaks Sep 18, 2015 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by DL172 (Post 25447135)
If I've got about 19 inquiries on Equifax (according to credit karma) and I'd assume a similar amount on others, what are my chances of getting a card with a reasonable CL 10k+?

I've got mid five figure lines of credit with all other banks.

37.214% to be exact

coolguy100 Sep 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks (Post 25447467)
37.214% to be exact

:D

coolguy100 Sep 19, 2015 3:09 pm

my 6 months was just over yesterday. I need to apply for this card for a family member. any successful story of getting a high CL on this card? I only got a 7500 CL initially and had to get a hard inquiry to bump it to 15k later.

I want to deposit around $20k to the wells fargo checking account for the family member in order to get a higher credit line. any other recommendations? thanks in advance!!

cbender49 Sep 21, 2015 7:17 am

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 25440568)
I think the limit is 6000 from other bank to wells fargo per 30 days. Really not enough.

Totally depends on the bank you're pushing from. I funnel all deposit funds to one bank, then push to WF >$30k/month. How quick it shows up also depends on the bank you're pushing from.

coolguy100 Sep 21, 2015 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by cbender49 (Post 25456541)
Totally depends on the bank you're pushing from. I funnel all deposit funds to one bank, then push to WF >$30k/month. How quick it shows up also depends on the bank you're pushing from.

what you are saying is ACH push from an external account. 6k monthly limit is for wells fargo checking ACH pull initiated from wells fargo checking.

SammySpade Sep 21, 2015 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by coolguy100 (Post 25460260)
what you are saying is ACH push from an external account. 6k monthly limit is for wells fargo checking ACH pull initiated from wells fargo checking.

That actually can also depend on the bank you're pulling from. For instance, 6k is my limit for pulls from most banks, but I can pull 15k from BOA.

cbender49 Sep 22, 2015 2:25 pm

I meant pushing from another account to WF with the transaction initiated from the other account. I've noticed some accounts let me push up to $50K/month out, even in one go, but others limit each transaction to 2,500 or 10k/month. Definitely YMMV.

I haven't noticed any set limit in WF checking receiving funds pushed in from elsewhere though.

cbender49 Sep 22, 2015 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Wakinguptooearly (Post 25440295)

I think most here will say this is a big no no.

ramalama8 Sep 23, 2015 7:22 am

The Wells Fargo rewards site went through an update and now looks different -- I couldn't care less about it looking different but here's something alarming: my GC purchases from 9/21 have posted to my cc account but aren't showing up in the rewards section. Normally once charges post on the cc side, you see them show up immediately as pending on the rewards side. I'm now not seeing that. I have a charge from 9/20 that posted today that is showing rewards but that was actual grocery purchase.

Maybe not cause for total alarm just yet as maybe it'll just take a day or two more for it to hit the rewards side, but as of now I'm worried.

michael160 Sep 23, 2015 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ramalama8 (Post 25466714)
The Wells Fargo rewards site went through an update and now looks different -- I couldn't care less about it looking different but here's something alarming: my GC purchases from 9/21 have posted to my cc account but aren't showing up in the rewards section. Normally once charges post on the cc side, you see them show up immediately as pending on the rewards side. I'm now not seeing that. I have a charge from 9/20 that posted today that is showing rewards but that was actual grocery purchase.

Maybe not cause for total alarm just yet as maybe it'll just take a day or two more for it to hit the rewards side, but as of now I'm worried.

surprised to hear you say that since I've always had a 2-3 day delay (+ another day if it's over a weekend) before I see the postings on the rewards site. They always back-date to the actual transaction date, but it takes some time to show up.

ramalama8 Sep 23, 2015 8:02 am

Originally Posted by michael160 (Post 25466896)
surprised to hear you say that since I've always had a 2-3 day delay (+ another day if it's over a weekend) before I see the postings on the rewards site. They always back-date to the actual transaction date, but it takes some time to show up.

Really? Hmmm. Maybe I'm misremembering and am just super sensitive right now with the site update. I really hope you're right.

SammySpade Sep 23, 2015 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ramalama8 (Post 25466932)
Really? Hmmm. Maybe I'm misremembering and am just super sensitive right now with the site update. I really hope you're right.

Always been a 1 day delay for me, except over the weekend.

Wakinguptooearly Sep 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by michael160 (Post 25466896)

Reporting in. I see my rewards from 9/20, and those were not regular groceries lol.

Now how do you find the date range of your promotional period in this new site?

cbender49 Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by SammySpade (Post 25467159)
Always been a 1 day delay for me, except over the weekend.

+1 to this for me too. The new site sucks in that you can't see your cumulative earnings for the statement period that I've found and just seems overly confusing.

coolguy100 Sep 23, 2015 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by cbender49 (Post 25470287)
+1 to this for me too. The new site sucks in that you can't see your cumulative earnings for the statement period that I've found and just seems overly confusing.

exactly, we can't see the cumulative numbers, only the incremental ones. the new update is a piece of crap.

sam_goh Sep 25, 2015 10:34 pm

This limit can change as your account seasons and as you use the feature. I started out with $6K a month and now can do ~$50K.

ajhardee Sep 26, 2015 9:06 am

Originally Posted by cbender49 (Post 25463875)
I think most here will say this is a big no no.

+1............DO NOT deposit money orders into WF checking. There are multiple posts on here about being shut down due to money orders!

DL172 Sep 26, 2015 3:45 pm

private

Astoriano Sep 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by hokiegl (Post 25142737)
On my other card, I did have the rate increased. But its hard to predict. It came WAY after I hit the 50K mark. I hit 50K in the second month, but the letter arrived around month 4.

Originally Posted by bjk497 (Post 25099306)
Have those of you with the rewards version of the card (the one that can be redeemed toward airfare for 1.5 cents per point) consistently had the redemption rate increase to 1.75 cents per point toward airfare after spending $50K? I have seen a few reports of this, but not widely reported. I need to book a ticket to St Croix for Labor Day weekend and am wondering if I should wait (I should hit $50K this billing cycle). Thanks in advance

Can anyone else confirm they received the bump-up to 1.75 cents after 50K spend? My 6-month bonus period is over, and I've done about 43K spend, so I'm wondering if it's worth going for 50K and hoping it kicks in for me. Frequent Miler mentioned a 30K threshold, but that was a while ago, and I'm still stuck at 1.5 cents.

Also, do we know if that 50K spend has to be done in the first year?

ronnyk Sep 29, 2015 7:46 am

I have the cashback card and my promotional period recently ended. I am thinking of cancelling and applying for the 5x Rewards Card to take advantage of another 6 month promo period.

Is there any practical difference between the value of the rewards versus cashback? Do the rewards post in the same timeframe as cashback (i.e. end of each month; the terms say two to three billing periods)?

wise2u Sep 29, 2015 5:38 pm

currency vs points that can be turned to cash...same timeframe, end of each statement.
I'm curious if you can get the bonus on both cards. I doubt it, that's why after my wife's 6 months ended on the cash card, I signed up for the points card. It would be awesome if we could switch products and get another year....let us know what happens.

adlibitum Sep 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by Astoriano (Post 25486145)
Can anyone else confirm they received the bump-up to 1.75 cents after 50K spend? My 6-month bonus period is over, and I've done about 43K spend, so I'm wondering if it's worth going for 50K and hoping it kicks in for me. Frequent Miler mentioned a 30K threshold, but that was a while ago, and I'm still stuck at 1.5 cents.

Also, do we know if that 50K spend has to be done in the first year?

I received bump up to 1.75x two statements after reaching 50k spending. Also no $24 per ticket fee either, it's a very nice bump.

Astoriano Oct 1, 2015 5:50 am

Originally Posted by adlibitum (Post 25496576)
I received bump up to 1.75x two statements after reaching 50k spending. Also no $24 per ticket fee either, it's a very nice bump.

Thanks for the info. I guess I better get spending again!

cbender49 Oct 1, 2015 8:19 am

Originally Posted by DL172 (Post 25482446)
What Credit Reporting Agencies does Wells Fargo pull from?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows this question!

Might vary by state/location. I would check the creditboards credit pull database: https://creditboards.com/forums/inde...pp=creditpulls

coolguy100 Oct 11, 2015 7:25 am

my 6 month promotion ended on 9/18 and all the rewards showed pending Expected Redeemable Date 10/11/2015. my statement closed on 10/09...I just checked the pending rewards, they become Pending - Expected Redeemable Date 11/11/2015. not sure that the heck is going on with wells fargo.

buhuffer Oct 11, 2015 8:23 am

can i ask how do you know "my 6 month promotion ended on 9/18"?
you start counting from receipt of your card ?

Originally Posted by coolguy100 (Post 25547843)
my 6 month promotion ended on 9/18 and all the rewards showed pending Expected Redeemable Date 10/11/2015. my statement closed on 10/09...I just checked the pending rewards, they become Pending - Expected Redeemable Date 11/11/2015. not sure that the heck is going on with wells fargo.

coolguy100 Oct 11, 2015 8:39 am

Originally Posted by buhuffer (Post 25547997)
can i ask how do you know "my 6 month promotion ended on 9/18"?
you start counting from receipt of your card ?

wiki shows how. well, they recently changed the rewards website, not sure how now.

coolguy100 Oct 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by coolguy100 (Post 25547843)

the rewards are available to me now. it was just showing false info temporarily.