FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

bigauto Jan 14, 2014 10:03 am

I've been reading up on the card and it seems like WF doesn't release the credit line quickly after paying unless you paid through a WF checking account? Does anyone know on average how long it takes for WF to release the credit line if paying by BB and how long by a WF checking account?

ibleed0range Jan 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by bigauto (Post 22152524)
I've been reading up on the card and it seems like WF doesn't release the credit line quickly after paying unless you paid through a WF checking account? Does anyone know on average how long it takes for WF to release the credit line if paying by BB and how long by a WF checking account?

Almost all my payments come from BB but I also opened a WF checking account. My credit line is updated same day as BB payments, almost done with month 2.

zeppoloveskafka Jan 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by bigauto (Post 22152524)

credit is released immediately if via WF checking account. However the transfer itself doesn't process until overnight, and not on Friday and Saturday I believe. I'm not sure if making purchases when your credit is reset but the transfer isn't processed contributes to fraud phone calls... I don't believe it does, but since I was recently warned, I'm trying to avoid that too for safety sake.

Elmatador Jan 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Deking (Post 22146539)
Ex for me a few days ago. Approved with an absurdly low cl.

oh man, that sucks. I have the most inquiries with experian, and it's my lowest score about 720

I'm in California, so I don't know if anybody here in Cali has been hard pulled from trans or equifax??

tjbrooks Jan 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Elmatador (Post 22156006)
I'm in California, so I don't know if anybody here in Cali has been hard pulled from trans or equifax??

SoCal here, Experian pulled.

alik99 Jan 15, 2014 11:02 am

took the plunge ;)
8k line... ok, i guess.

cowboyguy Jan 15, 2014 11:07 am

I wonder how soon they welcome credit line increase requests. The CSR said to me 4 months is a good time. Even if it is 3 months, at least it will be nice to get a decent CL for half of the 5% promo period.

RJ5929 Jan 15, 2014 3:25 pm

I started with 2k line and then reached it two days. Had to talk to CSR after fraud alert and complained about the CL. They said they will review it and got a mail within a week being increased to 8k.

Elmatador Jan 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929 (Post 22161872)
I started with 2k line and then reached it two days. Had to talk to CSR after fraud alert and complained about the CL. They said they will review it and got a mail within a week being increased to 8k.

that's my fear to get a paltry low credit line of 2-3k and they refusing to up me.But if they are willing to reconsider...:rolleyes:

zeppoloveskafka Jan 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Elmatador (Post 22162123)
that's my fear to get a paltry low credit line of 2-3k and they refusing to up me.But if they are willing to reconsider...:rolleyes:

went from 2k to 10k before card even arrived after I requested.

rgAAFT Jan 15, 2014 5:27 pm

I am in a catch 22 situation ... I use CSP for daily transactions and really need to work on my AA balances. I could keep my UR account in shape via staples and "the other place" could help with AA but the though of giving up serious $$ by not using WF really sucks. I could drop CSP and go to citi for daily use but then I loose 2X earning potential at food places ...

Ideas....
PS sidenote WF Fraud Dept is really starting to annoy me ... although they now have started to just verify purchases after purchases go through (thankfully), instead of outright denying the card. This hobby takes a lot of planning and calculation , but with WF they are so unpredictable. For Example ,I planned to spend 5K at the three letter points junkies paradise, but did not call wells fargo prior therefore card only let me spend 1K before shutting off. (I think because the store also had POS terminal/ activation issues lately where they had to ring me up on separate transactions)

Sorry for the rant but WF is like a HOT supermodel with a temper, where you know you need to move on to bigger and better things, but you just cant because she is SO dang HOT:D:D:)

I can see for miles Jan 16, 2014 8:50 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 22162523)
I am in a catch 22 situation ... I use CSP for daily transactions and really need to work on my AA balances. I could keep my UR account in shape via staples and "the other place" could help with AA but the though of giving up serious $$ by not using WF really sucks. I could drop CSP and go to citi for daily use but then I loose 2X earning potential at food places ...

Ideas....
PS sidenote WF Fraud Dept is really starting to annoy me ... although they now have started to just verify purchases after purchases go through (thankfully), instead of outright denying the card. This hobby takes a lot of planning and calculation , but with WF they are so unpredictable. For Example ,I planned to spend 5K at the three letter points junkies paradise, but did not call wells fargo prior therefore card only let me spend 1K before shutting off. (I think because the store also had POS terminal/ activation issues lately where they had to ring me up on separate transactions)

Sorry for the rant but WF is like a HOT supermodel with a temper, where you know you need to move on to bigger and better things, but you just cant because she is SO dang HOT:D:D:)

+1;)

newbynewbynew Jan 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Welp, 4th statement closed last week and got the account restricted message online and request to call them. This should be fun. We'll see if I can keep it open.

Elmatador Jan 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by rgAAFT (Post 22162523)

Ideas....

hahaha temptation is a mother eh!

Elmatador Jan 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka (Post 22162246)
went from 2k to 10k before card even arrived after I requested.

now this is comforting. I know it probably has to do more with credit scores and number of credit cards, but knowing that they are willing to consider upping you is a good thing.