FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1495478-wells-fargo-5x-rewards-cap.html)

jasher926 Feb 6, 2014 6:29 pm

I just checked today. Not getting 5x on anything (gas, grocery, or drugstore) since Feb 1. Just getting base earning and Visa Signature Preferred bonus.

Applied/credit inquiry on Sep. 2, account active on Sep. 4 (according to credit report). 5th statement will close in a few days. I haven't called yet, but no matter how you cut it, WF is definitely shorting me a month.

mjcohen82182 Feb 6, 2014 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 22288720)
You need to churn (if possible). But if you find out differently, let us know! Then a couple could get the cards 6 months apart and always have one giving 5% (well, assuming it worked off anniversary or something). But, never heard of it repeating on the same card.

So I just received my second Wells Fargo card, it did not have the 5% promo included. I guess I was too lazy to read the T&C. So I ended up just having my wife apply and she was approved. So I will cancel both my cards and apply in 6 months after my wife's bonus is over (hopefully she receives it).

drdrew450 Feb 6, 2014 6:57 pm

earned 5x at cvs on 02/01/14. That was my last transaction. Earned $1600 in 4 months so far. Paid $253 in fees.

newbynewbynew Feb 6, 2014 8:05 pm

my 5th statement closed today and still had the zero bonus despite card being opened on or around Sept 3-4. Letting my redemption process to my checking, withdrawing and then calling to see what's going on. Will report back most likely tomorrow.

aGeist Feb 7, 2014 7:09 am

Originally Posted by mjcohen82182 (Post 22301524)
So I just received my second Wells Fargo card, it did not have the 5% promo included. I guess I was too lazy to read the T&C. So I ended up just having my wife apply and she was approved. So I will cancel both my cards and apply in 6 months after my wife's bonus is over (hopefully she receives it).

I applied for the 5x card got a signature in the mail. useless.

t3xn Feb 7, 2014 8:37 am

Originally Posted by aGeist (Post 22304027)
I applied for the 5x card got a signature in the mail. useless.

My card is a WF Signature card and it is earning the 5%. Are you sure it won't earn 5%?

newbynewbynew Feb 7, 2014 12:53 pm

Rewards site acting funky. Maybe this is good news and they are fixing the glitches for our rewards!

adminds Feb 7, 2014 1:07 pm

I basically got only 5 month of the 5X promotion. Called rewards service center, and a representative said my promotion ended on 1/28/14. They can do noting but applogies; only the card customer service can change the promotion ending date for my card. I then called the customer service, and a representative said they can do nothing but applogies; only the rewards service center can help. What a crappy company! They have T&C clearly promising a 6-month promotion, but they won't honor them.

newbynewbynew Feb 7, 2014 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by adminds (Post 22306108)
I basically got only 5 month of the 5X promotion. Called rewards service center, and a representative said my promotion ended on 1/28/14. They can do noting but applogies; only the card customer service can change the promotion ending date for my card. I then called the customer service, and a representative said they can do nothing but applogies; only the rewards service center can help. What a crappy company! They have T&C clearly promising a 6-month promotion, but they won't honor them.

T&C clearly say no rewards on cash equivalents. Take it with a grain of salt and enjoy your 5 months of cashback and move on to the next deal. Plenty of them out there! :D

adminds Feb 7, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah, I will not waste time in arguing with WF anymore. It's time to find another 5X card to churn :)

Originally Posted by newbynewbynew (Post 22306182)
T&C clearly say no rewards on cash equivalents. Take it with a grain of salt and enjoy your 5 months of cashback and move on to the next deal. Plenty of them out there! :D

wvums Feb 7, 2014 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by adminds (Post 22306108)

Having finished your 5 month usage, how much were you able to push the limits each month? Do you mind sharing your spend compared to your CL?

newbynewbynew Feb 7, 2014 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by wvums (Post 22306760)
Having finished your 5 month usage, how much were you able to push the limits each month? Do you mind sharing your spend compared to your CL?

Very YMMV. I think trick is NEVER going into a negative balance. If you don't do that, I think sky is limit based on experience. Did 3x CL last month but I'm probably done. Would have tried to push through 7-10x $8K limit this last month but appears I won't be getting 5x the full 6 months. On to the old Amex Blue. ^

cowboyguy Feb 7, 2014 3:29 pm

I got this card last month. When I made my first payment through BB, it went through successfully and the available credit immediately reflected the payment after 2 days.

Then I made another payment but that was using another account, they placed a 7 day hold on the payment.

I just made another payment through BB and they've put a hold of 14 days on the payment. They got to be kidding me. This is ridiculous. Worst bank on planet!

adminds Feb 7, 2014 3:30 pm

I am very conservative, and never went above the limit. I planned to churn 2 times of limit for the last month, but find I have no chance now.

Originally Posted by wvums (Post 22306760)

adminds Feb 7, 2014 3:34 pm

That's normal. You have to adapt yourself to the way how WF process your payments. Some people reported that WF held their first BB payment for one month.

Originally Posted by cowboyguy (Post 22306903)
I got this card last month. When I made my first payment through BB, it went through successfully and the available credit immediately reflected the payment after 2 days.

Then I made another payment but that was using another account, they placed a 7 day hold on the payment.

I just made another payment through BB and they've put a hold of 14 days on the payment. They got to be kidding me. This is ridiculous. Worst bank on planet!