Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:58 pm

Nevermind.

Last edited by Wakinguptooearly; Sep 3, 2015 at 11:11 am Reason: got it.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 5:20 pm

Read the thread and did not see a definite answer. Anyone figured out how to find the accurate statement close date? It is not listed anywhere online or in the previous statement. I was told by one CSR that statements are generated every 30 days (regardless of weekends, holidays) and by other CSR that it is always 5th day after the previous statement's min. due date. Trying to figure out when and how much to pay before the close without overpaying it. My history is also too short to figure out a pattern. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by yoyo
Read the thread and did not see a definite answer. Anyone figured out how to find the accurate statement close date? It is not listed anywhere online or in the previous statement. I was told by one CSR that statements are generated every 30 days (regardless of weekends, holidays) and by other CSR that it is always 5th day after the previous statement's min. due date. Trying to figure out when and how much to pay before the close without overpaying it. My history is also too short to figure out a pattern. Thanks.
My pattern was as follows:
17th in months with 30 days
18th for 31 month days
15th for Feb.

You get the idea. If you haven't had a close yet call up the 1800 number and find out what yours is. They should be able to tell you for your current billing cycle.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by yoyo
Your due date is the same day every month. Statement date is 25 days prior.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:49 am

If I have had a WF Platinum card since about 5+ years ago (no idea if it even had a 5x promo), do I need to close it before going for the CB card? Would you change your answer if I told you my Platinum recently expired and the new card they sent me said CB on it (as if they're phasing out the Platinum)?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:56 pm

LOL just realized I only have 4 posts here and no one in their right mind would help yet another person get into the WF game. Will have to just find the few guys on DDF that know about this.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 9:59 pm

Will I earn points on transactions made on the last day of the promotion, or only on transactions that post to the account (2 day lag for most) by the last day?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by skierinvermont
Will I earn points on transactions made on the last day of the promotion, or only on transactions that post to the account (2 day lag for most) by the last day?
My experience is as follows. When WF posts charge into your account, it back dates to the transaction date. Therefore, I think you will get all bonus for transactions made on the last day of the promotion.

I went back into my reward history and double checked. I can confirm that's what happened in my account.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 6:52 pm

I want pull some money from other bank to wells fargo checking. Does anyone know if there is any limit or fees for doing this? And how long does this take? One or two days?I really appreciate your help.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ericliujian
I want pull some money from other bank to wells fargo checking. Does anyone know if there is any limit or fees for doing this? And how long does this take? One or two days?I really appreciate your help.
first add the external account inside your wells fargo account ( 2 trial deposits for verification). there is a $6k limit for 30 days limit for ACH pull ( no fee). it takes 3 business days for money to show up after initiating the ACH pull in your wells fargo account.

I found the best approach is to just write a check to yourself , then deposit the check into your wells fargo checking account. I did it yesterday morning and the money was available this morning. I was wondering if there will be a holding to my check and it turned out to be no holding for my case. (11k check deposit).
Old Sep 15, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by geclub1
My experience is as follows. When WF posts charge into your account, it back dates to the transaction date. Therefore, I think you will get all bonus for transactions made on the last day of the promotion.

I went back into my reward history and double checked. I can confirm that's what happened in my account.
yes for most cases. my recent statement closed on 9/9. 2 transitions from my account records:

Trans Date Posting Date
09/08/15 09/10/15 WALGREENS
09/09/15 09/10/15 ALGREENS

since statement closed 9/9, those 2 transaction couldn't be processed before the closing date, so they were not back dated.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:16 am

Fraud alert!

Both my Wells Fargo credit card and Checking/Debit card have been hacked. They only did $25 transactions each day for 4 days on my signature card via "Paypal Gifts". Then tonight I activated my new signature card they sent me via Fedex to find out that a transaction of $2999.99 was auto deducted from my checking account on 9/15 from "VENMO PAYMENT 99576523 MAZAHIR HUSAIN"
I called Wells Fargo Fraud Department and they opened a case and gave me the phone number and transaction ID to call. I called the number and its a voicemail to Venmo Support. Has anyone else had this happen to them???
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:58 am

I think I use Bluebird to bill pay wells fargo card. But the credit line did not release. Do I need to call to get it resolved or just wait 1 week?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by ericliujian
I think I use Bluebird to bill pay wells fargo card. But the credit line did not release. Do I need to call to get it resolved or just wait 1 week?
It's usually released on the fifth business day, ime.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by coolguy100
first add the external account inside your wells fargo account ( 2 trial deposits for verification). there is a $6k limit for 30 days limit for ACH pull ( no fee). it takes 3 business days for money to show up after initiating the ACH pull in your wells fargo account.

I found the best approach is to just write a check to yourself , then deposit the check into your wells fargo checking account. I did it yesterday morning and the money was available this morning. I was wondering if there will be a holding to my check and it turned out to be no holding for my case. (11k check deposit).
Oh this is good info. Is there a limit for ACH push as well? Or does that depend on the bank you're pushing from. Second question: how much MO do you guys deposit direct monthly to WF checking? I figure it would be easier to go that route, so I would push it as much as I can.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.