Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

if you bought 10k of GC's on your biz card, can u say that it's your revenue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2013, 8:26 am
Original Poster

I wonder if this would fly with a credit card application.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by webazoid
I wonder if this would fly with a credit card application.
If pretending that this is revenue makes you feel better, then go for it, but if you're dealing with one of the few issuers that asks for "proof" from time to time (especially Amex) this explanation is not going to fly.

Revenue is money brought in from goods or services sold. You aren't selling goods or services when buying something with a credit card, you are buying them--and incurring costs, not bringing in revenue.

In what way would buying anything with a credit card be considered revenue?

Last edited by CMHFlyerOH; Jun 12, 2013 at 9:09 am
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:01 am

You can say whatever you want, but on their own, purchases are not revenue for the purchaser
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I'm very sure the IRS won't mind so long as you pay taxes on your "revenue." Honest, I've had three business cards approved with "0" included on the form for revenue. Why bother making representations that might later come back to haunt you?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Under what definition is this even remotely "revenue"? It is "expenses" for your business and "revenue" for the seller.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:03 pm

That's pretty funny. Charging your credit card = generating revenue? Sure, makes perfect sense.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mberlew
That's pretty funny. Charging your credit card = generating revenue? Sure, makes perfect sense.
But if u charged 10k and bought 10k of ipads and sold it for 11k, it counts as 1k or 11k of revenue?
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by webazoid
But if u charged 10k and bought 10k of ipads and sold it for 11k, it counts as 1k or 11k of revenue?
$11,000
Old Jun 12, 2013, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
$11,000
but if i wonder if u sold the gift cards on plastic jungle, would that count as revenue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.