Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Looks like it's back for round 3...

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000390

Sad that LH F via M&M is now a 'value'
Well, the 'value' is that you can book it more than 14 days out with lots of extra inventory, like SQ J/F via KF. Not that it's a small number of miles, but that you can get it lol.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:15 pm

2nd card

Has anyone gotten a second card and bonus for this?
Old May 14, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
Originally Posted by leftpinky
ive gotten two. cancelled first to get the second. will probably do that again in the next few days after mortgage closes.
Leftpinky, how long after cancel before you reapply?
Old May 28, 2014, 11:35 pm

Successful churn

Applied and received card Oct 2013, bonus posted
Cancelled May 1 2014, also closed US Airways card
Applied May 28 2014, instant approval
Old May 29, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by monaco007
Does anyone know, if this offer is even eligible for people with a German residence and a German bank account?
This card is issued by Barclaycard US and only US residents are eligible for it.
For other countries, it will be a different bank issuing a similar card. For instance, to find the one in Germany, select Germany from the drop-down menu on the Lufthansa site:

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...8578&cid=18002
Old May 29, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by joelmeu
Interesting!
So what did you say to get them to credit you the annual fee?
Usually, if you spend a lot during the prior year, you might be eligible to have the fee waived because they will consider you a "valuable" customer worth retaining. I'm not sure how much in spending but probably thousands.
If you spend little or nothing, you have to pay the AF.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I got approved for the lufthansa card after a recon call. I'm really excited for this card as I plan on flying UA ps SFO-JFK next year.

I have posted my recon experience in this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22978944-post26.html
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:02 pm

I got this card with the primary goal of flying SFO-JFK ps on UA.

I decided to do some more research on how I could make it work for other trips and haven't found too many other good uses given my location in SFO. If you can think of a good one, do let me know.

YQ make it very hard to use for travel to europe as US air has left *A.
The option to redeem on LOT seems difficult as I need to find positioning flights to ORD, toronto or JFK. And then possibly another to the destination in Europe.

I prefer to use BA avios on Alaska for hawaii, cabo and puerto vallarta. But if UA has availability then then M&M could be useful.

Carribean is 35k and would involve connecting in IAH. This could be interesting.

Another interesting route could be to Central america. Avianca flies SFO-SAL and then I could connect to another destination from there.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:59 am

I posted another idea on maximizing stopover here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23003732-post71.html

I will need to try that out..
Old Jun 9, 2014, 4:28 pm

churning success

I first got this card and bonus October 2013. Closed account May 1, applied May 28, received 2nd card two days ago.

I like this card for LH F, yes there are fuel surcharges but the availability is very good I will readily take $800-900 roundtrip in first class sfo-fra or muc
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
Originally Posted by mrmandel
I was able to get the annual fee credited by calling up after the 1st billing cycle. Got a speech about how the fee supports the card's rewards, but they still gave me the credit.
Just called up an got a fee waiver as well, before my first statement even posted. I flat out asked for a first year fee waiver, and they gave it to me no questions asked. At the time of my call, $2.5k in charges had posted to the card, with another $2.5k pending; not sure if that mattered.

For some reason, Barclay's is very loose with fee waivers on this card, but for the Hawaiian card it was much more difficult.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
How churnable is this card?

Can you apply for a second card if you still have one open already or should you close it first?

Can you successfully apply for this and the Barclay's Arrival card on the same day?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 6:52 am

Barclays Recon Call and Request for ID

My wife applied for the 50k mile card in late June before the offer expired. Barclays Customer Security called, asked questions and then requested copies of her drivers license, social security card and utility bill. The address that they gave her didn't even include the word "Barclays" - only "Customer Security" with a PO Box in Wilmington, Delaware. I called Barclays, using the number on the back of my Miles and More card, spoke to the representative and she confirmed that it was Barclays that requested the info and they need the copies mailed - no e-mails or faxes. Did anyone else have a similar experience and do you know why they're asking for copies of sensitive info?
Old Jul 4, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: AA,AS,HH,HY,IB,LH,IHG,MAR,WN
My wife got same call yesterday. Caught us unprepared, esp. with their caller ID "Unavailable". We did go ahead and Priority Mail the 3 items for both of us, since she applied with me as authorized user.

I thought they may have called because my own application was denied a couple weeks ago. I had closed my first card 40 days prior.

Did you recently apply on your own?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:35 pm

Barclay payment taking too long to post

I made my first payment to the lufthansa card. why would they hold the payment for 2 weeks? will this happen to my second payment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.