Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
50,000-mile offer

Earn 20,000 miles after your first purchase and payment of the annual fee,
then an additional 30,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days.
  • $89 annual fee, not waived
  • no foreign transaction fees
  • annual companion ticket
  • 2 Lufthansa Business Lounge vouchers annually
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7&cellNumber=5

60,000-mile offer:
Same as the above 50K offer, except
an additional 40,000 award miles after you make $5,000 in purchases w/in first 90 days. To see this obscure obscure offers details, scroll down to Welcome Bonus in the T&C.
Print Wikipost

Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: CO, AA, UA
For those of you who applied and were approved...have your received your card yet? It's been over a week and I still haven't received mine. Any data points people would like to share?
Old May 16, 2013, 3:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by houstonhusker
For those of you who applied and were approved...have your received your card yet? It's been over a week and I still haven't received mine. Any data points people would like to share?
I got it within a week or so.
Old May 16, 2013, 4:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by houstonhusker
My Miles and More program card got here first, and that was mailed from Germany.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Did a mini AOR which included the Lufthansa card.
Already have 2 cards from barclay (Both US Air).
Declined that I have too many recent new cards.. Called twice but no avail..
So any expert advice..keep on doing HUCA?
Old May 20, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
How many was too many and over what period of time.
Old May 20, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by eknock007
How many was too many and over what period of time.
3 recent accounts. Opened them in Feb.
They were also concerned about the accounts opened 12 months ago.
Called 3 times.. same response.. Oh well.. Citi/Chase/Amex like me better lol.

If you want to include all the accounts opened in the last 12 months.. then we are talking about 10-12 accounts.
Old May 20, 2013, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Can anybody pls advise when does the 30 K bonus miles (for meeting $5 K spend) will post if the spend requirement is met in the first statement itself?
Old May 21, 2013, 3:04 am
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Did a mini AOR which included the Lufthansa card.
Already have 2 cards from barclay (Both US Air).
So any expert advice..keep on doing HUCA?
I'd be careful with Barclays. There are reports from people getting their old accounts closed after being too pushy in recon. Maybe better to let this one go?
Old May 21, 2013, 4:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
UA flight award

I booked 2 seats JFK - SFO on UA for 35k miles each. LH lady said only 2 classes were available, economy or business. My goal was to use these miles to fly business first so I picked business. Got my UA confirmation code and looked up the seat map which shows 3 cabin, and I only have access to the business section. Now, I believe after June 6 all these planes are reconfigured to 2 cabin with business first lie flat seats, right? So is it safe to assume the seat map will change several months down the line and our seats will be lie flats in the 28 seat BF cabin?
Old May 21, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels
I'd be careful with Barclays. There are reports from people getting their old accounts closed after being too pushy in recon. Maybe better to let this one go?
Yeah I am done with Barclays.. Will see to them next year if they have any good cards at that time...
Old May 21, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by AirD0c
I booked 2 seats JFK - SFO on UA for 35k miles each. LH lady said only 2 classes were available, economy or business. My goal was to use these miles to fly business first so I picked business. Got my UA confirmation code and looked up the seat map which shows 3 cabin, and I only have access to the business section. Now, I believe after June 6 all these planes are reconfigured to 2 cabin with business first lie flat seats, right? So is it safe to assume the seat map will change several months down the line and our seats will be lie flats in the 28 seat BF cabin?
UA is now selling their old 3-cabin flights as 2-cabin, since you're re-configuring towards a 2-cabin layout. Elites can pick seats in the old First section, then, if I recall correctly, everyone in Business can at check-in. Check in with the folks in the UA forum.
Old May 22, 2013, 8:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gv111
Can anybody pls advise when does the 30 K bonus miles (for meeting $5 K spend) will post if the spend requirement is met in the first statement itself?
Anybody pls ..
Old May 23, 2013, 1:07 pm

WEIRD

I just completed my 5k spend on my new M&M card. And today I see 24,406 miles in my M&M account. Does any one know if they are awarding the 50k sign up bonus miles in pieces? I have a new M&M account with no other activity but the new Barclay card.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EWRfflyer
I just completed my 5k spend on my new M&M card. And today I see 24,406 miles in my M&M account. Does any one know if they are awarding the 50k sign up bonus miles in pieces? I have a new M&M account with no other activity but the new Barclay card.
It seems like the full $5,000 spend didn't post to your credit card account in time.
Old May 23, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by gv111
Anybody pls ..
Based on the way bonuses post from multiple other Barclays product, They will post from Barclays end 1-2 days after the statement posts in which the spending requirement was met. But I don't know if there is a delay on M&M's end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.