Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
I wonder if I should apply now. Got denied in March due to too many recent inqueries. Since then I've had 2 inqueries on the bureau it pulls from, but it's been 5 months.

The thing is I want to use the points for a future Europe trip, but don't plan to visit Europe within the next year. So if I apply now, I would be paying the annual fee and sitting on ~100k points hoping to use it someday.

I hear devaluation is expected.

Is there any reason I should not apply now?

If you want to improve your chances, block AR/IDA before you apply. I was denied at first for the very same reason and was approved 4 months later after the block.

If you don't need the card right away, then wait. But, if you anticipate even dome upcoming domestic trips, the card could come handy if you stay in CC hotels.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by zhengqiji
Thank You
zhengqiji
Thank you for choosing U.S. Bank for your financial needs. Your Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature® Card
will be mailed to you via the U.S. Postal Service within the next 7-10 business days. Your card has a revolve limit of
$9,000.00. Your variable rate is Prime + 19.74%. The current APR is 22.99%. Your purchases can be signed by zhengqiji
Please note that your application may be subject to further review. In the event there is a change to the status of your
application, you will be notified via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.

Do I get chance being turn down during 'further review'?
I received the same notice when I applied and was approved instantly. Never heard anything else. The card showed up a week later.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I received the same notice when I applied and was approved instantly. Never heard anything else. The card showed up a week later.
Thanks. Now just wait for the card arrival.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 11:41 am

Just got approved for the Personal card today (8/18) after being approved for the business card back in March (3/28). Left Club Carlson account number blank so I'm expecting a new account to be created as others have mentioned in this thread.

Can I link this new card to my main Club Carlson account after receiving the card and get my stay credits / points added to my existing account? Would this risk making me ineligible for the 50/35k new cardholder bonuses?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:32 am

i applied and was approved for the premier rewards signature and got confirmation by email. I have quite a few recent inquiries this year and also borderline 700 score depending on the credit bureau with some balance on cards too.
anyways, despite the email approval which clearly said "congrats, you are approved for the premier visa signature", i got the platinum rewards visa with lower spend, lower annual fee and lower bonus in the mail.

so i called them and after much trouble spoke with a supervisor and then I am going to fax a copy of email etc.
anyone had similar experience. what are the chances of getting the premier rewards visa signature instead now....btw prior to application i did block AR/IDA, but only one of them was blocked the other i got a letter asking for some more documents.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by lowimpact
Just got approved for the Personal card today (8/18) after being approved for the business card back in March (3/28). Left Club Carlson account number blank so I'm expecting a new account to be created as others have mentioned in this thread.

Can I link this new card to my main Club Carlson account after receiving the card and get my stay credits / points added to my existing account? Would this risk making me ineligible for the 50/35k new cardholder bonuses?
You can keep it at two different accounts of merge the accounts. You would need to call card company and have them change your Club C number to the other account.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by rdaven2003
You can keep it at two different accounts of merge the accounts. You would need to call card company and have them change your Club C number to the other account.
I know that I can combine accounts - my question is whether or not combining accounts after approval will affect my eligibility for the new cardholder bonus. From the terms:

New Account Bonus: To earn the one-time First Purchase Bonus of 50,000 Gold Points, you must first make a purchase with your Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature credit card ("Card") within 90 days after your Account was opened. You may earn an additional one-time Spend Bonus of 35,000 Gold Points (10,000 Gold Points for Platinum Rewards) if you spend at least $2,500 ($1,500 for Platinum Rewards) in Net Purchases on your Card within 90 days after your Account was opened. Once you qualify for either the First Purchase Bonus or the Spend Bonus (collectively referred to as a "New Account Bonus"), please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the Gold Points to appear in your Club Carlson account. Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months. If your Account is not open for at least 6 months, Club Carlson and U.S. Bank reserve the right to deduct the New Account Bonus Gold Points from your Club Carlson account.

Maybe I could wait until after the bonus posts to be safe?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Who here has had luck getting the initial annual fee waived?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by anime333
this card is the best hotel card out there, the annual fee is not a big deal
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by drdrew450
In my humble opinion, the Priority and Marriot cards are better for low-end redemptions. Plus, of course, the one free night/year.

With the Club Carlson card, I would not mind paying the fee the second year. But I think the first year fee should be waived.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by drdrew450
Originally Posted by anime333
I agree. I've got so much out this card that it was easy to swallow the first year AF, and I did pay it.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by lowimpact
I know that I can combine accounts - my question is whether or not combining accounts after approval will affect my eligibility for the new cardholder bonus. From the terms:

New Account Bonus: To earn the one-time First Purchase Bonus of 50,000 Gold Points, you must first make a purchase with your Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature credit card ("Card") within 90 days after your Account was opened. You may earn an additional one-time Spend Bonus of 35,000 Gold Points (10,000 Gold Points for Platinum Rewards) if you spend at least $2,500 ($1,500 for Platinum Rewards) in Net Purchases on your Card within 90 days after your Account was opened. Once you qualify for either the First Purchase Bonus or the Spend Bonus (collectively referred to as a "New Account Bonus"), please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the Gold Points to appear in your Club Carlson account. Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months. If your Account is not open for at least 6 months, Club Carlson and U.S. Bank reserve the right to deduct the New Account Bonus Gold Points from your Club Carlson account.

Maybe I could wait until after the bonus posts to be safe?

Personal and business cc's are considered diff products
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat
Applied for me and wife. She was approved. A week later I got letter to call with verification info. I called. Got rejection letter a week later. "Numerous historic apps using ssn".
730ish Experian score, maybe one late payment ever. and yes I churn actively.

I am now freezing ARS and IDA. plan to call US Bank rocon Wednesday. I have collected a few different tacks for the call:
1) I want to move all banking to USB and this denial is making me rethink.
2) I have great credit score and record - just needed some different cards for differnet business/I am a travel consultant need cards for various programs.

Any others I missed?
Old Aug 21, 2013, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Personal and business cc's are considered diff products
Neither New Account Bonus is available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months.

(1) Can anyone who has applied for the personal/biz at separate times confirm if they received bonuses for both?

(2) Has anyone successfully rolled points / stay credits from a USBank generated Carlson account into an older one?

I think this info would be relevant to a large number of folks following this thread.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by jbwiggins
Applied for me and wife. She was approved. A week later I got letter to call with verification info. I called. Got rejection letter a week later. "Numerous historic apps using ssn".
730ish Experian score, maybe one late payment ever. and yes I churn actively.

I am now freezing ARS and IDA. plan to call US Bank rocon Wednesday. I have collected a few different tacks for the call:
1) I want to move all banking to USB and this denial is making me rethink.
2) I have great credit score and record - just needed some different cards for differnet business/I am a travel consultant need cards for various programs.

Any others I missed?
Hi just wanted to share my experience. I applied for the card and was rejected initially. I called the reconsideration line and the representative was very nice and said that they do look at the ARS and IDA vendors that provide info that is not credit related. They said it was auto rejected but upon her review she didn't think it would be a problem to approve my card (my credit score is ~800). She then resubmitted my app for re-review. This happened yesterday. Today I called and they said the re-review was successful and they had approved me for the card. Not sure if I want to freeze those other bureaus now that I got approved but I am curious as to what those bureaus say as they say the bureaus are not credit related. What information do they hold?? Anyone have any idea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.