Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by jgoggan
So, I applied for this card back in December and was denied for the “too many new credit cards recently” excuse. I tried calling the reconsideration line, but, as mentioned by others, for USBank they seem to have very little control and it is just a “flat NO” if they decide to decline you for that reason.

It is now 7 months later and I haven’t applied for anything since then. I was thinking of trying again, but don’t want to have another hit on my credit if they are just going to say “nope!” again. Any idea how long I should wait before trying again — and/or how far back they consider “recently” to be when they look at how many new credit cards you have applied for?

Except for the attempt at this one, it has been just over 1 year since I last applied for anything (I did the Chase British Airways Visa back in July of 2012 and got approved for that just fine). My credit score is around 773.

As a person that already has over 100,000 Club Carlson points through other (non-credit card) promos in the past — and Gold Member status — I’d really like to pick up this card for the free night after redeeming 2 award nights and the extra 85,000 points…

Thanks!

- John...

P.S. I did a personal card app before. Maybe I'm better off, at this point, to just try for a business card for now instead?
My last app was in Jan for the Amex Plat. I applied for both cards on 7/1 and much to my surprise I was approved for both bus and personal. My credit scores are around 750-800s. Of course with everything written about US Bank YMMV
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jgoggan
So, I applied for this card back in December and was denied for the “too many new credit cards recently” excuse. I tried calling the reconsideration line, but, as mentioned by others, for USBank they seem to have very little control and it is just a “flat NO” if they decide to decline you for that reason.

It is now 7 months later and I haven’t applied for anything since then. I was thinking of trying again, but don’t want to have another hit on my credit if they are just going to say “nope!” again. Any idea how long I should wait before trying again — and/or how far back they consider “recently” to be when they look at how many new credit cards you have applied for?

Except for the attempt at this one, it has been just over 1 year since I last applied for anything (I did the Chase British Airways Visa back in July of 2012 and got approved for that just fine). My credit score is around 773.

As a person that already has over 100,000 Club Carlson points through other (non-credit card) promos in the past — and Gold Member status — I’d really like to pick up this card for the free night after redeeming 2 award nights and the extra 85,000 points…

Thanks!

- John...

P.S. I did a personal card app before. Maybe I'm better off, at this point, to just try for a business card for now instead?
You have a near perfect record. If you don't get approved, most of us have no chance.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My partner got the lesser card, the one with 65K points. Can he later apply and get the bonus on the Premier card with 85K points after his credit score goes up?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:03 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
20 day approval odyssey

Approximately 20 days ago, my wife applied for the business card. What an epic journey it was...

She has excellent credit and few recent applications, so I didn't bother freezing ARS/IDA. Big mistake. She got the 7-10 day notice, then the next day the automated line said she was denied.

I called in, had a brief chat with a very cordial agent, who said the entire reason for the denial was either ARS or IDA (can't remember which). After discussing the prior applications she offered to put this application back in for manual review. Figured that would do it...

The next week, the original denial letter showed up, indicating several reasons that had nothing to do with ARS/IDA. Then two days later, a letter asking to call in to verify information within 10 business days.

Then 4 days later, before I could call, another letter saying the application was denied:
"We regret that we are unable to establish an account for you at this time because we are unable to verify the following:
- All of the information on your application"

About a week after that, I called in and answered a few general verification questions that amounted to "do you really want this card? did you put the right address on your app?"

And a few days after that, the new card appeared in her online account. (Tho I'm going to temper my excitement until the actual card gets here......)

Lesson: Kind of a broken process but it's manageable. Freezing would have made all of this easier, obviously.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Does the card have an annual bonus?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Did you even read the thread title?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
I'll take this question. It's not difficult at all.

The Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card gives 40,000 renewal bonus points each year when you renew your card.

For a complete list of benefits, see:
Old Jul 23, 2013, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Neil35
I'll take this question. It's not difficult at all.

The Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card gives 40,000 renewal bonus points each year when you renew your card.

For a complete list of benefits, see:
Thanks. I asked because the link to the application doesn't show it... or at least, I could not see it!!
Old Jul 24, 2013, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
US bank ain't chase/citi/amex. They are sloooow. Took 8 business days for my approval and another 5 to get the card. No approval emails. They don't even show the card limits online and the website is a joke.

all this is compensated by this awesome rewards
How did you find out your's was approved?
Mine has been pending for 12 days or 8 business days. No email still. I didn't call.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
How did you find out your's was approved?
Mine has been pending for 12 days or 8 business days. No email still. I didn't call.
800-947-1444

automated application status line
Old Jul 24, 2013, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
800-947-1444

automated application status line
I know it. This question was for him because he said he never knew what happened to his app and later got the card in mail.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I know it. This question was for him because he said he never knew what happened to his app and later got the card in mail.
sorry I didnt mention that I called the automated line.. no emails or phone calls or letter in the mail from them for a while. I got it eventually but it was atleast 2 weeks later than other cards in my churn.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 7:53 am

I got a letter in the mail to call the reconsideration line... when I called they just wanted to verify my address. That was it! And the service rep approved my application. Took about 10 days to get.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I love club carlson as I just came from a UK trip, where I got amazing value (>1CPP). I was planning my trips in the US today and realized first hand (after reading many times) that this is hardly a worthwhile program in the US.

I would suggest people who apply think through their redemption beforehand.
Totally agree. I was not even going to bother with this card, esp with the annual fee not waived. But then my SO and I decided to add Paris to our trip to Europe next year. With the great reviews of the Club Carlson hotels in Paris, we then jumped on this like flies on $hit!!!
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA
As someone else had done, we wrote a letter after a denial letter to the address listed and got approval within 1 week. This was after initial letter to call to verify, which seemed to go well, followed by a denial letter 10 days later. If the phone calls fail, try a letter!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.