Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by waingro
You'll be fine. Freezing is for people with lots of inquiries/new accounts.
I guess I'm going to go for it. I don't see how/why they would deny me.

I do have 10 open lines, though..
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
I didn't research this card before I applied and I got 'denied' and that I'd receive a letter explaining why in 7-10 business days. Got the letter today and it wasn't the denial I was expecting...it was a letter asking me to contact them because they need more information. Has anyone heard of this? What more info could they want? Does this mean I still have a chance?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by HighFive
I didn't research this card before I applied and I got 'denied' and that I'd receive a letter explaining why in 7-10 business days. Got the letter today and it wasn't the denial I was expecting...it was a letter asking me to contact them because they need more information. Has anyone heard of this? What more info could they want? Does this mean I still have a chance?
My wife was in the situation last week when she applied for Flexperks Travel Rewards.

She called in and they didn't ask her ANY information. Just confirmed that she applied for the card and that's it.

Several days later, her application status (tracked by phone) has been changed from declined -> processing -> declined -> processing -> approved.

She just called to confirm this morning that she was indeed approved.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:39 pm

Didn't freeze bureaus, instant approved (assuming they don't mickey mouse me around like it sounds like others are doing). Actually gave me the second highest credit limit of any of my cards.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I have a question about the benefit of Gold Status.
I remember that when I applied last year, if you already had gold status, they would give you 15 elite qualifying nights. I thought that was a yearly benefit.

I just checked the T&C and now they have eliminated that benefit, has anyone received 15 nights this year?

4 Complimentary Elite Status: After opening an Account and making a first Net Purchase with the Card, you will qualify for Gold Elite status (Premier Rewards Visa Signature) or Silver Elite Status (Rewards Visa Signature and Platinum Rewards) in the Club Carlson Program. Business owners qualify for Gold Elite status in the Club Carlson program after opening an account and a first Net Purchase is made by any Cardmember (Business Rewards Visa Card). Gold (or Silver) Elite status will become effective 6 to 8 weeks after the date of the first Net Purchase. You will receive a membership card and information after your Gold (or Silver) Elite status is in effect. You will continue to maintain Gold (or Silver) Elite status so long as your Account remains open and in good standing. Complimentary Gold (or Silver) Elite status earned through the Card Benefit Program does not waive the full number of stays or nights required for Concierge (Premier Rewards Visa Signature and Business Rewards) or Gold (Rewards Visa Signature and Platinum Rewards) Elite status and you must earn Concierge or Gold Elite status in accordance with the Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions to be eligible for higher elite status.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:25 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
I believe it's just over a year since the card came out. Any data points on being able to open more than one of either the personal or business versions? Ideally, I guess you'd like to have more than one card open at once since the annual bonus is nice...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Devaluation just announced

There is a thread dedicated on the devaluation in the Club Carlson forum.

Essentially, all properties in Paris plus the one in Nice, and 2 properties in London, 1 property in Amsterdam went from 50K to 70K in a new Cat 7.

There are other changes of categories among hotels. Full details in this table:

http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/di...telBrandCode=&

Earning rates are reduced.

Online booking bonus will become a targeted bonus.

Introduction of Premium Room reward - seems a way to greatly reduce the availability of standard room reward. The bad part of the premium room in Club Carlson properties is, there is hardly any premium to talk about - same room size but in "business room" which has marginally better furnishing and then threw in some "English breakfast" which is a lot less than an American breakfast, and certainly way below a buffet breakfast.

To me, aside from the new Cat 7, the introduction of Premium rooms is a sneaky bigger devaluation that we will see its full force (or ugly head) in coming months.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Happy
There is a thread dedicated on the devaluation in the Club Carlson forum.

Essentially, all properties in Paris plus the one in Nice, and 2 properties in London, 1 property in Amsterdam went from 50K to 70K in a new Cat 7.

There are other changes of categories among hotels. Full details in this table:

http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/di...telBrandCode=&

Earning rates are reduced.

Online booking bonus will become a targeted bonus.

Introduction of Premium Room reward - seems a way to greatly reduce the availability of standard room reward. The bad part of the premium room in Club Carlson properties is, there is hardly any premium to talk about - same room size but in "business room" which has marginally better furnishing and then threw in some "English breakfast" which is a lot less than an American breakfast, and certainly way below a buffet breakfast.

To me, aside from the new Cat 7, the introduction of Premium rooms is a sneaky bigger devaluation that we will see its full force (or ugly head) in coming months.
I got the Hilton card, and a week later they announced the devaluation.
I got this card, and 12 hours later they announced the devaluation.

F.
M.
L.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: US; AA; UA; Hilton Gold; Club Carlson Gold; IHG Platinum;
40K renewal points

When do they normally award 40K annual renewal points? I paid my renewal fee on 1/31 (payment due date) but still don’t have 40K posted. I contacted USBank via email on 2/14 and as of yet have had no response. Their service doesn't appear to be very customer friendly.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
When do they normally award 40K annual renewal points? I paid my renewal fee on 1/31 (payment due date) but still don’t have 40K posted. I contacted USBank via email on 2/14 and as of yet have had no response. Their service doesn't appear to be very customer friendly.
Most people have reported receiving the bonus two statements after your AF posts.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kpoxa
Earliest March Statement. May even in April statement because you paid the AF until the due date versus promptly after it is posted.

My AF was billed in Dec statement, paid 2 weeks later. I still haven't seen my bonus but they finally showed up in the Pending. Hopefully would post on the Feb statement.

Originally Posted by healthnut
Most people have reported receiving the bonus two statements after your AF posts.
US Bank absolutely enforces the 6 to 8 weeks AFTER AF is paid. Hence the earliest would be 2 statements from the one the AF is billed. Haven't seen any exception reported so far.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:49 am

Turn around time to process ARS and IDA freezes?

What's the typical turnaround time for ARS and IDA to process freezes? Mailed in my freeze requests last Friday. And how does one know if/when the freezes are active? Do ARS and IDA snail mail confirmation letters? Will either tell me my freeze is active over the phone if I call?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 3:27 am

I can confirm that the 40K bonus points were awarded in the second statement after I paid the annual fee (the statement showing the AF payment was counted as the first statement). Interestingly, the bonus points were not posted in my Club Carlson account yet even though the credit card statement indicated "awarded". I guess it may take some time to process.

On the other hand, I received this message from them:

"You are a valued Club CarlsonSM Gold Elite member, and we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. To help you reach Concierge Elite status, we'll add five Qualifying Nights to your account after just one Eligible Stay in next month."

Is this something good that I should go after? I have no clue what "qualifying night" is, and what "eligible stay" is. Is this a buy 1 get 5 for free thing?

Finally, I have a question about my "Gold Elite" status expiration date. My CC membership page shows that my Gold Elite status expires this month. Is this something I should try to maintain and not to let it expire, and what can I do do avoid the expiration?

Thank you for your advice!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Time for initial 50K to post?

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in the thread, but I have searched without luck. How long after the first purchase does it take to receive the 50K? Is it almost immediate, or some delay after the first statement closes?
I've been saving up points for a stay this summer, and applied for the card last week to maximize my stay. I was counting on the 85K points in conjunction with the free nights, and my existing point balance. I'm a bit stressed now with the upcoming devaluation, and am wondering how many of the 85K points I might be able to get before March 15 (I'm planning some quick spending once I get the card in hand, assuming that they do give it to me)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 9:50 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by eSurfer
"You are a valued Club CarlsonSM Gold Elite member, and we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty. To help you reach Concierge Elite status, we'll add five Qualifying Nights to your account after just one Eligible Stay in next month."

Is this something good that I should go after? I have no clue what "qualifying night" is, and what "eligible stay" is. Is this a buy 1 get 5 for free thing?
Elite status benefits are here: http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/memberbenefits/home.do

You can move up to Concierge Status after you pay for 75 nights or 30 stays (visits) within a calendar year. The offer is to credit you for an extra 5 nights toward status after an eligible stay (i.e. one you pay for and book via the website). Will you have enough paid nights or stays to qualify? Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

Finally, I have a question about my "Gold Elite" status expiration date. My CC membership page shows that my Gold Elite status expires this month. Is this something I should try to maintain and not to let it expire, and what can I do do avoid the expiration?
If you keep the credit card, it should automatically renew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.