Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2014, 9:08 pm

Finally heard the "Congratulation ..." over the phone! It took eleven days after an instant approval!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:49 pm

Approved!

Here's my timeline:

Background: This is my first US Bank card. Churned pretty heavily last year, but almost all banks pulled EX. I froze IDA/ARS last year sometime.

US Bank pulled EQ, and I had 0 pulls in the last 3 months, 2 in the last 6 months, and 4 in the last 12 months with them. EQ does show all my new accounts from other banks: 4 in the last 3 months, another 4 in the last 6 months.

2/10: Applied for Club Carlson Premier, online says instantly approved.

2/14: Called in to app status on phone, and get "unable to be approved at this time." Spoke with CSR and they say it has nothing to do with the underwriting, but that the verification dept wants me to fax over ID and verification of income. I fax it over the next day.

2/18: Documents received after the long weekend. Phone system now says application is under review. Rep says at this point if the documents match what I reported on the application, it should be approved.

2/20: Phone system says I'm approved. Rep says it will take an additional 24-48 hours to finalize the approval.

2/28: Finally get the card in the mail. I also get a a snail mail with my EQ score the day of the application.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Finally heard the "Congratulation ..." over the phone! It took eleven days after an instant approval!
Seems like you are on the same timeline as me. I guess another week before you get the actual card...
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:15 am

Denied for personal Club Carlson CC even after conf. of ARS/ID security freezes

Rejected even after freezing both ARS/IDA security freezes, waiting until receiving freeze confirmations by postal mail. Must be the # of inquiries. Will have to wait on the postal mail rejection.

No other rejections from any other CC apps. So this is one tough cookie. Perhaps I'd need to go on a 6 month No Hard Pull / no app fast. Not sure the card is worth it. Perhaps when I'm in Maintenance Mode, applying for only one card per quarter.

My credit scores are great. Never been denied for any of the various Visa Signature products folks say you need a high score for. # of hard pulls within last 9-12 months, I believe, must the issue here.

Will freeze wife's ARS/IDA accounts and possibly put her on a very sparse and convservative app round. Perhaps even applying for Club Carlson first, of course, then waiting several weeks if no instant approval before applying for a second card of any kind.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:17 pm

My snail mail bonus: receive 1 additional point per $1 spend in any category, up to 2,000 pts, AFTER spending $700, between 3/1 and 4/30. So in order to get an additional 2k pts, must spend $2700. Seems they are really testing the waters with their marketing promos.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HRHPrincessPam
My snail mail bonus: receive 1 additional point per $1 spend in any category, up to 2,000 pts, AFTER spending $700, between 3/1 and 4/30. So in order to get an additional 2k pts, must spend $2700. Seems they are really testing the waters with their marketing promos.
Very similar to ours except our thresholds are $1900. I imagine that Spend threshold is set by the card's spend pattern.

Yet the most annoying part is, whenever the cards are not being used for big purchase longer than a few weeks, the next purchase would always be a decline!

If not for the 2-4-1 benefit, this card is worthless. My husband's anniversary was in January, we paid the AF a week after it was billed. His pending reward still shows 0 as of today March 1st. Of course SM function is non-existent with US Bank. You sent via a generic form and then a generic reply telling you it would take 3 biz days to reply. Last time I used such function, it took 10 biz days before I heard from them for a non-reply in all reality.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
As part of my churn today, I applied for this card and got an instant approval. This is my first US Bank card ever. Can't wait to check out a few of their properties...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
To those waiting for their 40,000 renewal bonus points, the statement that billed for my annual renewal fee was due December 19th and the points posted almost exactly 2 months later on February 22.
Bumping, because I found this useful and others who got the card in the January time frame should find it useful too.

(I am nearly at 2 months right now...)
Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
To those waiting for their 40,000 renewal bonus points, the statement that billed for my annual renewal fee was due December 19th and the points posted almost exactly 2 months later on February 22.
Mod, maybe it's time to update the wiki?

Does this post on the 2nd statement after the one with the fee, or exactly 2 months after the date the fee is charged?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by the_jaguar
As part of my churn today, I applied for this card and got an instant approval. This is my first US Bank card ever. Can't wait to check out a few of their properties...
You should still call the number posted in the Wiki to check your app status as apparently being instantly approved online by USBank doesn't actually mean you are approved.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by dw
You should still call the number posted in the Wiki to check your app status as apparently being instantly approved online by USBank doesn't actually mean you are approved.
LOL, that actually happened to me. Gotta love US Bank.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
Bumping, because I found this useful and others who got the card in the January time frame should find it useful too.

(I am nearly at 2 months right now...)
It should be on your March statement if you have charges on the card that kicks out a statement that is.

My fee was billed in December. My anniversary bonus was finally on my Feb statement.

Husband's fee was billed in January. There is still NO pending Reward points on his account which statement is on the 4th of each month.

A message sent to US Bank on Thursday has not been answered, yet.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 8:55 am

I was a little frustrated about the delay between my annual fee hitting and receiving the bonus points, so I went through US Bank's twitter account to try and get some help. Although they are quite responsive, after a week of inquiries, the US Bank rep basically confirmed that this is a Club Carlson decision and US Bank has no ability to push the points to your account any faster. I don't know if this is true, but this is the response I received. As it looks like my points will not post until after the devaluation, I am probably going to cancel my card.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:13 pm

Does anyone know what US Bank counts as "Dining" category? Would fast food work?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Looking to ramp up MS on this card for a stay in Phuket. I've noticed a lot of fraud issues with CVS throughout the thread. Has anyone called beforehand to let them know of a large purchase?

I don't mind doing the phone call after, but I plan to do this and was hoping someone else had success!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.