Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank-Taca/Avianca Lifemiles up to 40K miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank-Taca/Avianca Lifemiles up to 40K miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:11 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by audio-nut
Thanks MightTravels. Do you remember the timeline?
Almost 6 weeks after my statement with the completed spend posted.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:49 am

I have had the regular non-signature Lifemiles visa for a years and then recently I applied and was instantly approved for the Club Carlson Visa Signature. On the same day, I decided to also apply for the Lifemiles Signfature Visa 40k miles promo and I wasn't approved instantly. However, a few days later I called and was told both applications had been approved.

I got the first 20k lifemiles bonus after my first statement closed and now the other 20k show as pending in my account when I review the reward details. It has not shown up yet on my Lifemiles account.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:18 pm

Please help. I life mile Visa card annual fee due on April 17, called US bank to close the card but CSR was telling me my life mile earned will be taking back if I cancel the card. This was first time I heard of such a thing. I thought miles will be stay after I earned it. She was saying it attached to credit card if card cancel, mile will be forfeit. Is that true.?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by shwepisoe
Please help. I life mile Visa card annual fee due on April 17, called US bank to close the card but CSR was telling me my life mile earned will be taking back if I cancel the card. This was first time I heard of such a thing. I thought miles will be stay after I earned it. She was saying it attached to credit card if card cancel, mile will be forfeit. Is that true.?
They will not take anything back. Don't worry, US Bank is just insane.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
They will not take anything back. Don't worry, US Bank is just insane.
Thank you.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Has anyone seen an offer higher than 20K recently? If so, a post or PM would be much appreciated!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 11:21 am

It looks like US Bank is ending their relationship with Lifemiles. I just received a letter saying it'll be converted to a US Bank Flexperks Visa Signature.

Any insights on what bank will issue lifemiles credit cards going forward?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by viag8
It looks like US Bank is ending their relationship with Lifemiles. I just received a letter saying it'll be converted to a US Bank Flexperks Visa Signature.

I've yet to receive this notice.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by viag8

My wife got this as well with an offer to spend $500 in 3 months and get 20K points. Much better than the current offer where one has to spend 3.5K in 4 months. She got a special offer with lifemiles (35K) and now another $400 ticket.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
I'm wondering 1) why the relationship was ended and by who; and 2) might US Bank replace Lifemiles with another airline/program?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:20 pm

They are still actively advertising signups for the card. When is the date that it is going away?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
July 1
Old May 2, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: UA,AA,Marriott Platinum
I am thinking about applying for a flexperks cards in the next few weeks before the conversion and hopefully I could get approved and score 20,000 points and another 20,000 with the lifemiles card conversion.

My question: would these points combine to 40,000 from 2 cards? It would be much easier to spend 40,000 points vs. 20,000 points.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
They are still actively advertising signups for the card. When is the date that it is going away?
Can you provide a link? I don't seem to be able to find the lifemiles card anymore.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:58 pm

http://www.lifemilesvisa.com/credit/...ceCode&lang=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.