Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank-Taca/Avianca Lifemiles up to 40K miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank-Taca/Avianca Lifemiles up to 40K miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:36 am

I had a LifeMiles card but closed it last year. It's not been 12 months yet -- however, the 40K offer expires April 30.

How strictly do they enforce "Previous accounts closed within the last 12 months will be reopened and no First Use Bonus Miles will be awarded."?? Anyone know?

Although I did get the "targeted" e-mail after a few months of closing the previous card, I don't think that's necessarily an indication that they will not enforce the 12-mo rule.

Obviously I'd like to apply by April 30 if possible and not wait until the 12 months are up.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:16 pm

No1no?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:09 pm

What are the rules for US Bank? No recent apps? Does that mean US Bank or anybody? I've had several recent apps due to the whole Executive card fiasco, but would love to take advantage of this offer as well.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by maddie5218
What are the rules for US Bank? No recent apps? Does that mean US Bank or anybody? I've had several recent apps due to the whole Executive card fiasco, but would love to take advantage of this offer as well.
My wife just got it. Delayed, but automatic approval. She gets three cards every 3mo. This is her first US Bank.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
My wife just got it. Delayed, but automatic approval. She gets three cards every 3mo. This is her first US Bank.
Hm, okay. Maybe I'll wait to fairly close to the deadline for this. Would really love to take advantage of the GUM routing. Does US Bank have a recon department that you can call? Or are you basically stuck with what they give you?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:37 am

Offer appears to be dead - when you hit "Apply Now" it directs to an error page.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by glynot
Offer appears to be dead - when you hit "Apply Now" it directs to an error page.
I chatted with a rep from US Bank about this, and she blamed the LifeMiles program for having an ad that said the offer was available until April 30, 2014. She told me to call them so they could remove the deadline that apparently US Bank has decided not to honor.

Kind of happy this happened, as I am not eager to deal with US Bank and their bizarre credit card dealings.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
meeting spend requirement

For those who got the 40k offer, when did your bonus lifemiles for meeting the spend requirement post? I'm a little concerned because I met the spend requirement 10 days ago but haven't gotten the bonus miles yet.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by mightyducksman
I chatted with a rep from US Bank about this, and she blamed the LifeMiles program for having an ad that said the offer was available until April 30, 2014. She told me to call them so they could remove the deadline that apparently US Bank has decided not to honor.

Kind of happy this happened, as I am not eager to deal with US Bank and their bizarre credit card dealings.
Hold on, do you really think this is an issue on US Bank's end? Would you be surprised if the LifeMiles program had a lack of attention to detail and poor IT quality control?

Go Stars.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Hold on, do you really think this is an issue on US Bank's end? Would you be surprised if the LifeMiles program had a lack of attention to detail and poor IT quality control?

Go Stars.
Ha...fair enough...just have seen all the back and forth rejection/approval stuff, disappearing online accounts, etc. with US Bank on the CC thread. LifeMiles does seem to have pretty low end IT as well. I'm happy to blame both of them equally.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by mightyducksman

I called yesterday about the ad with the April 30 deadline that expired prematurely. The CSR told me that she could take my application over the phone and get me the same deal, with the only difference being that I would have 90 rather than 120 days to meet the minimum spend.

I have a total of 26 open cards, with 13 opened in the past year, and 6 in the past six months. Most recently, I have two AA Executive applications in January and late March, and a US Bank Club Carlson business, which I applied for late March and was just approved April 8. I also have a 820 FICO as per Barclay, and 757 FAKO from Credit Sesame. IDA/ARS is frozen.

Not having ever been denied for a credit card, I decided, what the heck? I gave it a shot. Quite frankly, I don't think I have a chance.

Since the application was taken over the phone, it's not even in their system yet. I'll report pack when I get the result.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:19 am

Any chance asking in a branch would help?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: AA Exp BA gold SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jake66
For those who got the 40k offer, when did your bonus lifemiles for meeting the spend requirement post? I'm a little concerned because I met the spend requirement 10 days ago but haven't gotten the bonus miles yet.
My first statement closed with the 20k bonus and now my second statement closed and I did the required spend but the other 20k didn't post yet
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by ProudBrit
My first statement closed with the 20k bonus and now my second statement closed and I did the required spend but the other 20k didn't post yet
OK, I'm in the same boat. The fine print on the credit card offer did say the bonus miles may take 6-8 weeks to post, so I guess I don't need to get alarmed yet.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by glynot
Any chance asking in a branch would help?
In my US Bank they had never heard of Avianca or LifeMiles, and said all "co-brand" cards were only available online. They pushed their Cash+ though.

Last edited by tjbrooks; Apr 21, 2014 at 7:52 am Reason: Typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.