Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

New BoA Travel Rewards Credit Cards, up to 2.625% travel credits.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
BankAmericard Travel Rewards Credit Card

20K points after $1,000 spend within 90 days.
No annual fee
No foreign transaction fees

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...credit-card.go
Print Wikipost

New BoA Travel Rewards Credit Cards, up to 2.625% travel credits.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 3:02 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by elbombo
I'm also interested in this card strictly because it seems to be the only card out there that has the chip, no annual fee and no FTF. Can anyone confirm that this card does indeed have the chip?
I applied for and received the Privileges (annual fee) version of this card last month and it does not have a chip in it. I also have not seen any marketing materials that would indicate that a chip is an option.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 7:52 am
inY

Might be able to apply for https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/U...ry?cid=2080116 , spend $500, collect $300 reward, and product change into the travel rewards card. Any word on the chip?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: AA, AC, AGR, AS, BA, CX, DL, UA, WN, all non-elite
Are these points Worldpoints and convertible to Aeroplan miles at a 1:1 redemption rate?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:06 am
Suspended

my wife had the boa virgin atlantic card with $99 annual fee (no free first year).
after getting the 45k flying club bonus miles, i called for her to knock off the annual fee, was told no, 2nd time i called and spoke to senior rep. we agreed to convert that to this card instead of canceling the virgin atlantic amex card and was told the $99 fee from the virgin atlantic card will go off. card got converted but annual fee is carried to this card. chatted online but was told NO. called and spoke to senior rep again and this time the new rep agreed to remove the $90 annual fee and today I saw it credited.

I don't know much about this card, no annual fee but still like any other boa cards. this one is not as good as any chase cards. the reward programs are pathetic.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 2:08 pm

BankAmerica Travel Rewards Visa Signature

Yesterday when I was at the bank the teller said I could upgrade to the BankAmerica Travel Rewards Visa Signature Credit Card https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...credit-card.go

It has the new EMV Chip technology as well as no foreign transaction fees. There is no annual fee and if you are a Premier Member you get additional benefits as well. You also get Visa Signature services such as concierge and extra protection when making online purchases as you get a one time account number to use for that transaction.

While BOFA is behind in launching this it seems like they waited to launch the new chip technology to work out the kinks. Sometimes when you are a first with a new technology you can lose customers due to the kinks. Also I know that other credit card companies have been offering no foreign transaction fees at least BOFA has a credit card with it.

I want to hear your feedback on this credit card. Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Thanks for posting this. Most of the chip cards I have seen posted have some type of annual fee attached. It is good to see one without an annual fee.

I doubt I would use this as my primary card because other cards have better rewards policies. But the few times per year that I travel abroad, I would use it!
Old Jul 28, 2012, 5:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

danielonn's post has been appended to the established thread.about this card. Discussion of EMV chip cards from Bank of America is in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:21 pm

I agree with the posts made here. I would use this card as a secondary card for cases when I'm abroad and need the chip or no foreign transaction fees(:

Originally Posted by mia
danielonn's post has been appended to the established thread.about this card. Discussion of EMV chip cards from Bank of America is in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...signature.html
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:08 am

I'm considering getting this card, specifically the BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards (2pts for every $1 spent and annual fee of $75). But unclear what they mean by this:

Simply pay for your travel with your card. Then, call or go online and you can redeem your points for a statement credit towards all or part of your travel purchases
So purchase a $250 airline ticket, get 500 points, then call up afterwards and get a travel credit of $250? $500?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by marc1
So purchase a $250 airline ticket, get 500 points, then call up afterwards and get a travel credit of $250? $500?
A $250 purchase would generate 500 points, worth $5.00
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:51 pm
vb9

BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards CASH redemption rate?

I am also considering the BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. In reading the fine print, it looks like you can also redeem points for cash:

Rewards begin at 2,500 points for travel credits, cash, merchandise and charitable contributions. Points redeemed for a travel credit will be applied as statement credit to your account to offset qualifying travel purchases. A travel credit will be available to redeem for purchases from the Travel Center or for qualifying travel purchases made as defined by the following merchant category codes: a) Airlines, Air Carriers (MCC Codes 3000-3299, 4511); (b) Lodging-Hotels, Motels, Resorts (MCC codes 3501-3999, 7011); (c) Car Rental Agencies (MCC codes 3351-3441, 7512, 4121); (d) Cruise Lines (MCC code 4411); Travel Agencies and Tour Operators (MCC codes 4722, 4416, 4417); (e) Passenger Railways (MCC code 4112); (f) Transportation-Suburban and Local Commuter Passenger, including Ferries (MCC Code 4111); (g) Bus Lines (MCC codes 4131, 4722); (h) Transportation Services-not elsewhere classified (MCC code 4789); (i) Real Estate Agents and Managers-Rentals (MCC code 6513); (j) Timeshares (MCC code 7012); (k) Campgrounds and Trailer Parks (MCC Code 7033); (l) Motor Home and Recreational Vehicle Rental (MCC Code 7519); (m) Tourist Attractions and Exhibits (MCC Code 7991, 5971); (n) Amusement Parks, Carnivals, Circuses, Fortune Tellers (MCC Code 7996); (o) Aquariums, Dolphinariums, Zoos, and Seaquariums (MCC Code 7998); (p) Boat Leases and Boat Rentals (MCC Code 4457); or (q) Recreation Services-not elsewhere classified (MCC Code 7999). Purchases will be available for redemption for a travel credit for eligible purchases for a period of 6 months online and 12 months by phone. Receipt of a travel credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your minimum monthly payment. Cash rewards are available in the form of a check, an electronic deposit to a checking or savings account of your choice, a contribution to an eligible IRA account, 529 Plan account or Merrill Lynch Cash Management Account®, or a payment to an eligible mortgage loan. Cash reward checks expire 90 days after date of issue.
Does anyone know from experience what the redemption rate is for cold, hard cash (rather than on travel credit)? I've called and visited Bank of America, and oddly enough, nobody seems to have a definitive answer!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 9:38 am
dw

Originally Posted by vb9
Does anyone know from experience what the redemption rate is for cold, hard cash (rather than on travel credit)? I've called and visited Bank of America, and oddly enough, nobody seems to have a definitive answer!
I actually do have this card, and can't find the answer either from the card's rewards portal. Regardless, I think it's safe to assume that the redemption rate for straight out cash will be inferior to redeeming for travel credits.

It shouldn't be too hard to redeem for travel credits, however, as I've noticed BofA tends to be fairly permissive when it comes to what the travel credits may be redeemed against. In addition to what would be expected (airfare, hotel, etc.), I've also seen public transportation and museum charges appear on the list of what I can redeem against.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Question on "extra" sign up bonus for this card...

I got this card when I closed my Alaska card. As a BofA customer, I wanted to have a BofA credit card, and the no annual fee and chip made it appealing.

When I signed up, it said there was a 10,000 bonus point offer after spending $500 in 3 months.

When I received the cards, there was a flyer in the cars that says "An extra reward for you...10,000 bonus points".

So, I called BofA and asked for the "extra reward" and was told that was the same as when I signed up. So we had a long semantic discussion in what "extra" means...I lost round 1. I am planning on calling again, but I wanted to see if anyone has seen this secondary flyer and received an "extra" bonus.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
This is not accurate description of this program. The points can be redeemed for a credit to offset a travel purchase made elsewhere:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...avel%20Rewards
I believe the purchase has to be made with this card to receive the statement credit. When I go to the "rewards" tab on the online site, it only pulls up travel purchases made with the card. I do not see a way to submit a request for a purchase made else where.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 9:45 am
dw

Originally Posted by tikiboy
I believe the purchase has to be made with this card to receive the statement credit. When I go to the "rewards" tab on the online site, it only pulls up travel purchases made with the card. I do not see a way to submit a request for a purchase made else where.
By "elsewhere", mia merely meant that to do a redemption, the travel purchase does not have to be made through any BofA travel booking portal. Of course, the purchase still needs to be charged to the BofA card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.