Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by express3
Yes it did!! I knew I shouldn't have waited
The link with $100 statement credit is still there, whoever edited the wiki on the 29th( last wiki edit) screwed up the description of the links, click on the other link and you will see it.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:14 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ninim2200
The link with $100 statement credit is still there, whoever edited the wiki on the 29th( last wiki edit) screwed up the description of the links, click on the other link and you will see it.
My error. I fixed it. You could have.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by pgary
My error. I fixed it. You could have.
next time if i have more time i will fix others mistakes.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by express3
Yes it did!! I knew I shouldn't have waited
Sorry, the link was wrong before, but it's correct now, and that corrected link (at least as of this moment) does mention the $100 credit.

So double check the link wording before you apply, but the $100 credit (with 25k) may still be available.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:15 pm

For newer members who may be unfamiliar with editing a Wiki:
You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
The editing is fairly easy to do.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:08 am

Link in the wiki to the 25k+$100 didn't work for me, but dummy bookings did work.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Goopy14
Link in the wiki to the 25k+$100 didn't work for me, but dummy bookings did work.
Link in wiki for the statement credit app went to an error page. But I did get there thru a dummy booking. But then I got this:

"Your application is in review. Thanks for choosing Bank of America. We're carefully reviewing your application and need to check a few more things. We appreciate your patience.

We'll also send you a letter in the mail after we've completed processing your application. If we have any questions, we'll call you."

So do I call Recon? I don't want a second HP, so it's either call today or sit tight and wait. I have a "VIP" (I forget what they call it} Bank account with B/A, and their website lists my Fico as 800 even. But based on advice from here, I have left my 2 AS cards from 3 months ago and 7 months ago open.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:01 pm

just got instant approval for my 2nd card this month using the link in wiki without the $100 credit but no minimum spend for the 25k.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Link in wiki for the statement credit app went to an error page. But I did get there thru a dummy booking. But then I got this:

"Your application is in review. Thanks for choosing Bank of America. We're carefully reviewing your application and need to check a few more things. We appreciate your patience.

We'll also send you a letter in the mail after we've completed processing your application. If we have any questions, we'll call you."

So do I call Recon? I don't want a second HP, so it's either call today or sit tight and wait. I have a "VIP" (I forget what they call it} Bank account with B/A, and their website lists my Fico as 800 even. But based on advice from here, I have left my 2 AS cards from 3 months ago and 7 months ago open.
I don't understand why you (of all people) haven't called yet.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
I don't understand why you (of all people) haven't called yet.
Yeah, you're right of course. I think the whole "don't call Chase Recon under any circumstances" is clouding my thinking on a wholly unrelated question. That and a little too much partying over the weekend.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:46 pm

Yeah, you're right of course. I think the whole "don't call Chase Recon under any circumstances" is clouding my thinking on a wholly unrelated question. That and a little too much partying over the weekend.
OK, called, and got a very nice CSR. She took about 5 minutes to "review" my app, during which I think I figured out my reluctance to call. It's just the "I see you have 2 other AS cards open with us", which I was worried was leading up to a denial. Instead, of course, I was approved with a $18K CL.

For anyone who's keeping score, I have been spending @$500 to $1K a month on each of those cards, which I'm sure she noted during that "review". And I have lowered the CL on the older one to $3K, and the newer one to $5K.

Anyway, I very much prefer the statement credit over the extra 5K miles with min spnd, so I'm a Happy Camper, of course.
Old May 31, 2016, 3:42 pm

just got approved instantly for 25k bonus with $100 statement credit...

since BoA combined all apps in one hard pull if you have multiple apps in the same day.. I guess I should also go for cash back and better reward..?
Old May 31, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Curious - what's the best line you used to call the reconsideration number?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: MVP Gold
OK, called, and got a very nice CSR. She took about 5 minutes to "review" my app, during which I think I figured out my reluctance to call. It's just the "I see you have 2 other AS cards open with us", which I was worried was leading up to a denial. Instead, of course, I was approved with a $18K CL.

For anyone who's keeping score, I have been spending @$500 to $1K a month on each of those cards, which I'm sure she noted during that "review". And I have lowered the CL on the older one to $3K, and the newer one to $5K.

Anyway, I very much prefer the statement credit over the extra 5K miles with min spnd, so I'm a Happy Camper, of course.
Realized tickets SEA-BOS to attend an August wedding are running $750 EACH. Thanks to this post I decided to pull the trigger on my 2nd AS card, which went pending. I called the direct line from the Wiki and got a rep who just asked me for my SSN, put me on hold, and then said I was approved for $21k. (literally no other comments or questions). On my 1st AS card (opened in August), I've been purchasing ~1 AS ticket a month.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:03 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Has anyone been able to get a bonus match from 25k to 30k?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.