Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
BOA first, and confirm what AS# they have on that account. Sometimes happens that even if you properly add an existing AS# to an app they create another one for you. If that's happened, get the new AS# from BOA, and then call AS to merge the accounts
The AS # is printed on the front of the credit card.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AA
Another datapoint if it helps

AS 1 approved 10/2014 cancelled 12/2015
AS 2 approved 8/2015 cancelled 10/2016
AS biz approved 8/2015 still open
AS 3 approved 1/2016 still open
AS 4 just approved Oct 31 2016

Admittedly this is very light by comparison I barely spend on the BofA cards, primarily due to the foreign transaction fees and I'm frequently outside the US.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
The AS # is printed on the front of the credit card.
Not on an Alaksa business card. The business name (in my case a duplicate of my name) goes in the place where (on the personal card) they would fit the Alaska frequent flier number.

I cannot find my Alaska FFP # anywhere on my Alaska business card. (I only know it's linked correctly because purchase miles from it have already posted to my Alaska account.)
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by gameover98
Another datapoint if it helps

AS 1 approved 10/2014 cancelled 12/2015
AS 2 approved 8/2015 cancelled 10/2016
AS biz approved 8/2015 still open
AS 3 approved 1/2016 still open
AS 4 just approved Oct 31 2016

Admittedly this is very light by comparison I barely spend on the BofA cards, primarily due to the foreign transaction fees and I'm frequently outside the US.
Was AS 4 auto-approved? What bureau did they pull? How many recent inquiries does that report show?
Old Oct 31, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Was AS 4 auto-approved? What bureau did they pull? How many recent inquiries does that report show?
Yes auto approved. Pulled from Experian according to the report. I can't recall how many inquiries, but I've gone through 8 applications this year (including one denied CSR), not including AS 4.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:13 am

question, as i am unfamiliar with BOA. I applied for card and was approved 10/3. I just received a targeted mailer for this card. Reading through the thread it looks like people wait 90 days. Does that apply if you receive a targeted mailer also?

Or should I apply for a business version for my "new" ebay reselling business?

Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by gameover98

Alaska Airline cards no longer have foreign transaction fees

I used mine all over the UK back in September. Not one fee. I believe they added the benefit on sometime last year. ^
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:50 pm
Suspended

I feel like BoA has tightened their approval process. I can't get approved for their cards anymore. Barclays and BoA won't approve me. Chase (no cards that are subject to 5/24), AMEX, Citi will approve me instantly. Very odd.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I feel like BoA has tightened their approval process. I can't get approved for their cards anymore. Barclays and BoA won't approve me. Chase (no cards that are subject to 5/24), AMEX, Citi will approve me instantly. Very odd.
What is your history last 2 years with BOA?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SPLP007
What is your history last 2 years with BOA?
I've abused them like a red headed stepchild. Though more on the Virgin Atlantic side than Alaska.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: Lotz
Datapoint:

Yesterday applied for 2 personals. 1st approved immediately. 2nd "pending".

Phoned and csr found 2nd had been shelved as "duplicate" but revived and approved the 2nd with 5K of line from other.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Datapoint:

Yesterday applied for 2 personals. 1st approved immediately. 2nd "pending".

Phoned and csr found 2nd had been shelved as "duplicate" but revived and approved the 2nd with 5K of line from other.
Interesting. What does your other CC activity look like in the past 6 and 12 months? Any existing BOA cards?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by Superorb
Interesting. What does your other CC activity look like in the past 6 and 12 months? Any existing BOA cards?
I've gotten at least a dozen cards in the past year. Credit report show 16 inquiries.

Had 3 Alaska cards for a year "in sock drawer" and just canceled them 1 month ago when fee came due. Maybe I should have tried for 3 again? Glad to get 2.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:05 pm

Anyone else received a letter in the mail recently?

One month ago I applied up (sole proprietorship) for an Alaskan Airlines Business Credit card and was approved.

"Please not immediate action is required to update your information by 11/25/16"

"During a recent review, we found that we are missing or have incomplete information that is important to serve you and your banking needs. Like all financial institutions, we're required to maintain complete and accurate information about our customers and may have to restrict or even close accounts that don't have all the required information.

Since this affects all of your accounts we need you to act quickly.

Please note: Not providing the required information by the date listed above may be considered a request from you to close your account(s).

What you need to do:

Information needed: Business Name

Please bring your business documentation showing legal name and this notice to your nearest financial center.

Examples of business documentation include:

-Articles of incorporation, partnership agreement, certificate of incorporation/formation, or trust agreement

-For a sole-proprietor includes a Business License, Fictitious Name Certificate or Certificate Trade Name"

My statement closes in a full day and will hit the spend and pay the $75 fee. Instead of having them close the card would it be of my benefit to be proactive and close the card myself?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jesperss
One month ago I applied up (sole proprietorship) for an Alaskan Airlines Business Credit card and was approved.
Well, do you have a real business?

If so, why are you panicking?

If not, how did you answer the questions about business income to date, business name, etc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.