Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Superorb
Is it easy to freeze/unfreeze EX?
Yes it's easy. Here's a link to their freeze center.

Do they charge?
It depends on your state. In Texas it's $10.83 to freeze or unfreeze your report.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky

It depends on your state. In Texas it's $10.83 to freeze or unfreeze your report.
Looks like it's $10 both ways for most states. My state doesn't charge to freeze it, but it's $10 to un-freeze. Thanks again for the link.

BOA pulls EX for me and I've already got 9 pulls there. Nothing on TU and only 2 for EQ.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:16 pm

gnomey, I already answered that question for you here.

If you're asking me which one I chose, that has also been answered here.

oops sorry for my amnesia. my brain is fried these days managing applications of diff cc. but thanks for pointing out and not scolding me.. :X
Old Oct 8, 2016, 11:19 pm

i wonder how many times can you do the freeze / unfreeze - i would think if you repeatedly do that , Experian will probably catch on that at some point.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
i wonder how many times can you do the freeze / unfreeze - i would think if you repeatedly do that , Experian will probably catch on that at some point.
I don't think they care, they're making money every time you unfreeze/freeze it in most cases, and it's your credit file.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:22 pm

I've recently applied for this card and get a rejection notice. I've waited 90+ days in between applications. I wonder if BOA has a policy that's prevents churns...
Old Oct 9, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I got a rejection letter too, but I have 15 new accounts in the last 6 months, and the reason for denial was too many new accounts in last 6 months.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qazwsx
I've recently applied for this card and get a rejection notice. I've waited 90+ days in between applications. I wonder if BOA has a policy that's prevents churns...
Well, what reason did your rejection notice give?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 12:38 am

I'm discouraged by what I've read. I was JUST getting ready to apply for my second AS personal card but now I'm concerned about doing so! Guess I'll need to see some additional data points.

Last edited by PumpkinSmasher; Oct 13, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by hiima
I got a rejection letter too, but I have 15 new accounts in the last 6 months, and the reason for denial was too many new accounts in last 6 months.
Did you double check your credit report to be certain they actually did a pull?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Ok, I'll pile on. I think something has changed this week. On Monday I was denied after calling in. Why? Because of too many recent inquiries! B of A hasn't been giving that reason...ever! This would have been my 3rd personal. And I have less inquiries this year than the past 2 years.

Look, I've been applying every 3 months for years. I reduce the CL to $2000, make the spend, get a new card. Clockwork. Now this.

The gig is up!
How many inquiries and in what time frame did you have on the report they pulled? What day was your previous app? Was Monday, Oct 3 the day of your recent app or just the day you called in?
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:50 am

I spent $1018 a few weeks ago and my statement closed on the 9th. I received the 30k bonus points, but there's no sign of the $100 credit anywhere and the $75 AF was charged. Do I need to make some more purchases for it to trigger? I thought $1,000 was the threshold to trigger the $100 statement credit. App says 8-12 weeks, but from what I've read it should be pretty quick.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Yup, ck shows it. Had them pull TU.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:23 am

I spent $1018 ...but there's no sign of the $100 credit anywhere and the $75 AF was charged. Do I need to make some more purchases for it to trigger?
No need to make further purchases.
It took about a month for my $100 credit to post.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:55 am

Yup, ck shows it. Had them pull TU.
Wow that's scary!!! Not too many inquiries, but rather too many new accounts opened which shows on all reports. That's very similar to Chase and their 5/24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.