FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1333519-alaska-airlines-card-offers-personal-business-2012-2016-a.html)

MVF Trekker Jun 11, 2015 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1 (Post 24957206)
Citi does that, not sure about BOA. You are better call them. But what's the benefit of doing that?

It seems you can block delivery of the cards but a lot of agents don't know it can be done. This can be useful in some instances. Besides, producing all that unnecessary plastic for cards that won't be used is bad for the environment.

teammjs Jun 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Combo Pulls?

Veteran Flyertalker here so forgive my ignorance if this was in the thread somewhere but I have looked and not seen confirmation...

If you apply on same day with BofA for credit cards having identical information, IF the second (or any multiple) is approved on a different day than the application day, you still will likely see only one combined HP, because BofA will use the first pull and not re-pull on the date they process the next application?

Or if you want HPs to ne combined, do you really need to get decisions on the very same day as the applications?

Flygirl98 Jun 12, 2015 8:25 am

Does anyone have experience applying for this card or any other BofA cards (recently) as a homemaker? If so, is it possible to get immediate approval or will the application more than likely go into manual review? (This would be a first time BofA application) Don't want to waste an inquiry if application is going to go into a "homemaker reject" pile. :) Thanks in advance!

Brewer20 Jun 12, 2015 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Flygirl98 (Post 24959722)
Does anyone have experience applying for this card or any other BofA cards (recently) as a homemaker? If so, is it possible to get immediate approval or will the application more than likely go into manual review? (This would be a first time BofA application) Don't want to waste an inquiry if application is going to go into a "homemaker reject" pile. :) Thanks in advance!

My wife was approved for two cards listing homemaker as her occupation. Both cards needed a call, but I think the first would have been auto-approved if hadn't fat-fingered her SSN on the application :eek:

Brugge Jun 12, 2015 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Brewer20 (Post 24959763)
My wife was approved for two cards listing homemaker as her occupation.

Not sure if everyone knows, but SOs living together, married or not, who combine their incomes can list the total household income as their income. I thing Citi has a separate line for "additional income", but everyone else just has the "income" line, which by Federal law can be the total household income. ;)

Brugge Jun 12, 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 24959959)
Not sure if everyone knows, but SOs living together, married or not, who combine their incomes can list the total household income as their income. I thing Citi has a separate line for "additional income", but everyone else just has the "income" line, which by Federal law can be the total household income. ;)

The only caveat with this is if you have been applying to a bank with only your personal income listed, and now you apply using the total household income, and that's much higher than before, they may ask you to prove it.

Brewer20 Jun 12, 2015 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 24959959)

Exactly, she used our household income. Each bank's application is worded slightly differently on exactly how this should be entered.

Duffman Jun 12, 2015 10:33 am

A bit of an app-o-rama fail today :/. Applied for 4 AS cards. First one was approved instantly. Other 3 went into pending. I called recon and the CSR said 2 have been declined and 1 is pending a review from a credit analyst. The CSR said she can’t really do anything else and I will receive a letter from BoA. Any other tips/tricks to get these approved?

The increased exposure has certainly killed this golden-est of gooses.

dayone Jun 12, 2015 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Duffman (Post 24960326)
Applied for 4 AS cards.

[..]

Applying for four cards at time doesn't add to the goose's life expectancy.

rjs11 Jun 12, 2015 10:43 am

A bit of an app-o-rama fail today :/. Applied for 4 AS cards. First one was approved instantly. Other 3 went into pending. I called recon and the CSR said 2 have been declined and 1 is pending a review from a credit analyst. The CSR said she can’t really do anything else and I will receive a letter from BoA. Any other tips/tricks to get these approved?

I tried 2 applications last night. One was approved and the other went to pending. After calling reconsideration, the second application was declined. I called back and was instantly transferred to a supervisor who could see that I previously called. She looked again at the application and declined as well. Oh well. Only one hard pull so no big deal.

Duffman Jun 12, 2015 11:50 am

Thank you for adding valueable information to this thread

"... So never refuse an invitation, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome."

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 24960370)
Applying for four cards at time doesn't add to the goose's life expectancy.

dayone Jun 12, 2015 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Duffman (Post 24960731)
Thank you for adding valueable information to this thread"

It's unfortunate that I was unable to meet your standard of comity.

The implication of the post is not in dispute: pigs get slaughtered.

Flygirl98 Jun 12, 2015 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20 (Post 24960120)
Exactly, she used our household income. Each bank's application is worded slightly differently on exactly how this should be entered.

Thanks Brewer20 and Brugge! :)The BofA application is worded a little tricky compared to Citi and Chase. If I put homemaker as job and then list our HHI, where it asks for source of income should I put down "employment" as the source -- since that's where the money is coming from (my husbands job) or do they want to know the source of "my" income which would be "other" (my husband's job) ..:confused:

fyugioh Jun 12, 2015 2:26 pm

Credit line for first card, relationship with BOA?

Willbur Jun 12, 2015 4:57 pm

I wonder how signing up for the 25k Alaska BoA checking account offer, depositing some amount of cash $5-10k and then applying will affect ability to get approved for multiple.