FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1333519-alaska-airlines-card-offers-personal-business-2012-2016-a.html)

PedroNY Jun 23, 2015 11:03 am

Someone will kill this golden goose... I just hope not too soon. What's wrong with people just applying for 1 personal and 1 business card, every 91 days and picking up 200,000 miles per year? It's been working for such a long time, no reason to get too greedy. Keep on running this marathon, don't sprint to much, you may twist your ankle.

Cheers,

PedroNY

macrophage Jun 23, 2015 11:06 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY (Post 25015373)
Someone will kill this golden goose... I just hope not too soon. What's wrong with people just applying for 1 personal and 1 business card, every 91 days and picking up 200,000 miles per year? It's been working for such a long time, no reason to get too greedy. Keep on running this marathon, don't sprint to much, you may twist your ankle.

Cheers,

PedroNY

I think the goose is on it's last limbs at this point...

AS is aware and is monitoring bonus award activity. BoA wised up and some reps are disallowing multiple accounts.

I'll wait my full 3 months before I do another AS card. Maybe do an award booking between now and then too just to show some activity. Definitely doing some "regular spend" on the card to have some inconsistencies in all my related accounts.

The end is near. But something new always pops up!

bobby21 Jun 25, 2015 10:43 am

Does the 90 day rule apply to me? My last Alaska personal cards were 6 months back. I got Boa Virgin Atlantic cards about a month back. Can I apply for Alaska cards now? I can even apply for the business version - is there a better chance?

QUOTE=PedroNY;25015373]Someone will kill this golden goose... I just hope not too soon. What's wrong with people just applying for 1 personal and 1 business card, every 91 days and picking up 200,000 miles per year? It's been working for such a long time, no reason to get too greedy. Keep on running this marathon, don't sprint to much, you may twist your ankle.

Cheers,

PedroNY[/QUOTE]

PedroNY Jun 25, 2015 11:11 am

You should be able to get both personal and business.

90 day rule is not a set rule for BofA, it is just something that a lot of people do who churn credit cards, we bunch our applications, and repeat it every 90 or 120 days. That way these hard pulls start to "fall off" your credit report in sequence -- lot of banks look back at 6 month mark, or 1 year mark, or total of 2 years (the max). So if you have 8 hard pulls from 366 days ago or 732 days ago, they won't impact banks' decisions. YMMV, as always.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Brugge Jun 25, 2015 11:31 am

Cheers,

PedroNY

Originally Posted by bobby21 (Post 25026054)
Does the 90 day rule apply to me? My last Alaska personal cards were 6 months back. I got Boa Virgin Atlantic cards about a month back. Can I apply for Alaska cards now? I can even apply for the business version - is there a better chance?

I may be wrong, but I think Pedro was referring to one personal and one bus AS card per 91 days, not all B/A cards combined. Several posts have mentioned the Recon CSR saying there is a new informal policy of only 2 AS cards per 90 days. Most likely due to the massive publicity about applying for 4 or even 5 AS cards the same day. I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.

rrgg Jun 25, 2015 11:34 am

Cheers,

PedroNY

I agree. Why rock the boat on such a sure thing? (The answer of course is that Captain Bowtie deemed it so and ordered his minions to open 4-5 accounts in 1 day.)

FindAWay Jun 25, 2015 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 25026305)
I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.

I believe you mean VS apps. ;)

milemission Jun 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Cheers,

PedroNY

Should we close the first card before we apply for the next one after 91 days?
Thanks!

Brugge Jun 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by FindAWay (Post 25026886)
I believe you mean VS apps. ;)

I'm not aware of anyone posting about VS apps interfering with AS apps.

And:

I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps. :p

worldcitizen25 Jun 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Close open card before applying?

Greetings,
I currently have an open personal card, the annual fee will hit shortly. I am planning on canceling it soon.
I also plan to apply for two new cards (1 personal + 1 biz) in the next week or so. Is it better to close my current open card before submitting apps for the two new cards?
Thanks!

Soulag Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Business card application status

Apologies if this info is upthread, but is there any way to check the application status by the application #? I Applied for both personal and business AS cards on the same day, and was approved for the personal, but the business went pending. When I call the automated approval line it only gives the info for the approved personal card.

macrophage Jun 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Soulag (Post 25027667)
Apologies if this info is upthread, but is there any way to check the application status by the application #? I Applied for both personal and business AS cards on the same day, and was approved for the personal, but the business went pending. When I call the automated approval line it only gives the info for the approved personal card.

Call reconsideration line / analyst line and give them your SSN to look up recently opened applications. No need for the app ID.

breef Jun 25, 2015 10:20 pm

Is it still possible to sign up for two personal products at once on the same day? For instance this card + the Virgin Atlantic card both on the same day?

travelfreaks Jun 25, 2015 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by breef (Post 25028823)
Is it still possible to sign up for two personal products at once on the same day? For instance this card + the Virgin Atlantic card both on the same day?

Literally 8 posts above yours answers your question:confused::eek::confused:

breef Jun 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 25026305)
I may be wrong, but I think Pedro was referring to one personal and one bus AS card per 91 days, not all B/A cards combined. Several posts have mentioned the Recon CSR saying there is a new informal policy of only 2 AS cards per 90 days. Most likely due to the massive publicity about applying for 4 or even 5 AS cards the same day. I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.

I read this as applying for 1 business card and 1 personal card. My original question is if it is possible to apply for two PERSONAL cards of different product lines at once.