FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1333519-alaska-airlines-card-offers-personal-business-2012-2016-a.html)

Ed Janowsky Aug 9, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm just saying you should expect the bonus points on your statement.

hiima Aug 9, 2016 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky (Post 27040623)
I'm just saying you should expect the bonus points on your statement.

Ya, see it on my statement. I'm pretty sure my mp number is correct on my account. Gonna double check my credit cards when I get home. I'm like waiting for Christmas to come...

surehit49 Aug 10, 2016 11:15 am

Data point:

Just applied for 2 AS Business cards using the link in the Wiki. First was auto approved for $15k, the second was approved for $15k after calling in and having them re-open the application.

- Have 3 personal AS cards, each open for a little over a year, little to no use on them. The rep didn't mention these
- Experian was frozen, they automatically pulled Equifax without me asking. Only 1 pull is showing.
- Never had an AS business card before.
- Legitimate business that I own (sole proprietorship).
- Said that I wished to split different types of expenses as the reason for wanting two accounts.

bodiddely Aug 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by surehit49 (Post 27044443)
Data point:

Just applied for 2 AS Business cards using the link in the Wiki. First was auto approved for $15k, the second was approved for $15k after calling in and having them re-open the application.

- Have 3 personal AS cards, each open for a little over a year, little to no use on them. The rep didn't mention these
- Experian was frozen, they automatically pulled Equifax without me asking. Only 1 pull is showing.
- Never had an AS business card before.
- Legitimate business that I own (sole proprietorship).
- Said that I wished to split different types of expenses as the reason for wanting two accounts.

Just curious, what bureau did they pull for your personal AS card apps? Last time BofA pulled my report (for a limit increase request on a personal card) it was TU, which I'm hoping is the case for the 2 biz AS cards I got (will find out Sunday when my Credit Karma reports are refreshed).

surehit49 Aug 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by bodiddely (Post 27044809)
Just curious, what bureau did they pull for your personal AS card apps? Last time BofA pulled my report (for a limit increase request on a personal card) it was TU, which I'm hoping is the case for the 2 biz AS cards I got (will find out Sunday when my Credit Karma reports are refreshed).

For my personal apps they tried to pull Experian, since it was frozen I called in and told them that my TU was not frozen, so they pulled that instead.

With the business cards they didn't really give me a choice, the system either saw my Experian was frozen and automatically pulled Equifax, or they pull Equifax by default for business cards in my state (WA).

savedbyhim01 Aug 11, 2016 1:52 am

How long does the statement credit normally take to post? And does it post only after a payment is made or does it post after the spending is completed? I applied for the old 25K, plus $100 credit and reached spending on it August 1st. The statement was generated on August 5th and no statement credit, but I haven't paid the balance yet. Should I contact them or wait until after making the payment?

hiima Aug 11, 2016 2:50 am

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 (Post 27047803)
How long does the statement credit normally take to post? And does it post only after a payment is made or does it post after the spending is completed? I applied for the old 25K, plus $100 credit and reached spending on it August 1st. The statement was generated on August 5th and no statement credit, but I haven't paid the balance yet. Should I contact them or wait until after making the payment?

I'm getting fidgety too, but don't call until it's been like over a month.

bodiddely Aug 11, 2016 11:38 am

Originally Posted by surehit49 (Post 27045163)
For my personal apps they tried to pull Experian, since it was frozen I called in and told them that my TU was not frozen, so they pulled that instead.

With the business cards they didn't really give me a choice, the system either saw my Experian was frozen and automatically pulled Equifax, or they pull Equifax by default for business cards in my state (WA).

They pulled Experian for my business card apps as well. I'm in Virginia. Bummer, was really hoping for TU! Oh well. Just 1 pull for the two cards at least.

sdsearch Aug 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by savedbyhim01 (Post 27047803)

You have about 3 weeks from the statement before you have to the make the payment, right?

I can't speak to right now, but in the past (when there was no spend requirement for the bonus, only for the credit), the statement credit usually posted by the time I had to make the payment, but not necessarily long before that.

So while I wouldn't wait until the very last second to make the payment (lest there be a problem at that point), you've got a lot of days between now and the payment due date when the credit might post.

JustAnotherGuy001 Aug 14, 2016 2:30 am

So if you have multiple cards tied to the same Alaska account, do we get multiple companion fares ?

duranza Aug 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by JustAnotherGuy001 (Post 27061502)
So if you have multiple cards tied to the same Alaska account, do we get multiple companion fares ?

yes, I presently have 2 and 1 more due to expire this year. ( have 2 active cards and 1 canceled)

lkat Aug 15, 2016 9:32 am

frozen Experian

For me, BoA always pulls Experian for personal AlAir. If my Experian is frozen will they eventually pull another without calling in or will it just be denied?

ninim2200 Aug 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by lkat (Post 27067346)
For me, BoA always pulls Experian for personal AlAir. If my Experian is frozen will they eventually pull another without calling in or will it just be denied?

You have to call in my experience, a lot of times they call you, they will also send you a letter stating that your experian is frozen.

bfwolf Aug 16, 2016 2:45 pm

I apologize if this has already been asked: will I keep my companion pass (until its expiration date) if I cancel the credit card?

duranza Aug 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by bfwolf (Post 27074421)
I apologize if this has already been asked: will I keep my companion pass (until its expiration date) if I cancel the credit card?

yes