Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:23 pm
soy

Programs: various
Any recent reports of how strict they enforce DM preferred status for the 30k + 10k anniversary card?
If they do enforce, I assume I can just call up and ask for the 40k non-preferred card instead.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:21 am

Not sure if this will be a useful data point to anybody since the free checked bag starts in a couple days, but I had a flight on Friday that I was hoping to squeeze a free checked bag out of since it was 4-5 days before they started it.

Long story short, a US Air phone rep told me to ask at the ticket counter. The ticket lady had to ask her supervisor, who gave a rude "um it starts the 30th" answer. While she was gone I continued my work on the kiosk, selecting to add 1 bag. The ticket lady came back, was surprised to see that I added a bag and it wasn't asking for any additional money and just told me to not worry about it and I ended up getting a free bag. Not sure if it was just a fluke or maybe they added the feature early?

Was a nice surprise, though.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by maddie5218
Not sure if this will be a useful data point to anybody since the free checked bag starts in a couple days, but I had a flight on Friday that I was hoping to squeeze a free checked bag out of since it was 4-5 days before they started it.

Long story short, a US Air phone rep told me to ask at the ticket counter. The ticket lady had to ask her supervisor, who gave a rude "um it starts the 30th" answer. While she was gone I continued my work on the kiosk, selecting to add 1 bag. The ticket lady came back, was surprised to see that I added a bag and it wasn't asking for any additional money and just told me to not worry about it and I ended up getting a free bag. Not sure if it was just a fluke or maybe they added the feature early?

Was a nice surprise, though.
Yep same here, checking in online just today though.. my husband has the card, I no longer and his baggage went through without a charge but mine had the $25 fee.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oyouno
I was told 30days in Jan by a CSR.
No clue if that was correct or not. But no reason to wait around and risk it imo.
I am waiting for the 2.5K bonus points to post. Stupidly it takes 6-8 weeks.

Anyway, I have confirmed via both SM and phone call that it is indeed 60 days.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:54 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's Preferred; SPG Platinum
Data point:

Closed out a previous US Air card a little over 2 weeks ago. Applied for the Preferred Members only card today (I'm Chairman's). I was NOT instantly approved - however, a call to the recon line did the trick.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: United MP Silver, Club Carlson Gold, SW CP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Priv Gold, SPG Gold
I've been reading that I should separate my Barclay's apps 3-6 months. does this apply to personal and biz?

Specifically, can I do Arrival personal and USAir Biz on the same day? (assume not auto-approved)
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:24 am
soy

Programs: various
Updated the Wiki (30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year) link is no longer working
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:06 am

I must have been the last person to apply for the 30k+10k waived annual fee. I got instantly approved for my 3rd USAir card on 4/28. Only had two pulls in 6 months. The first two were the old 35k, first spend, waived annual fee. I canceled the first one after the anniversary bonus hit. 2nd one still open. Phew. Can't wait for the merger!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:04 am

No landing page....but this worked for me a few months ago:
30K, waived fee, 10K annual
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by italdesign
Just noticed wiki says we have 60 days to get AF back. I thought it was 30 for some reason. Has anyone canceled between 30-60 days and got AF refunded? Appreciate any data point.
Confirmed data point. Switched to the no-fee version of the card (with reduced rewards earnings and no more benefits) on the 57th day after the annual fee was posted. Just got the annual fee refunded today.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Data points

Originally Posted by tjbrooks
Thanks tjbrooks!

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=58

Data Point
Not a preferred member and put my Dividend Miles #.

1st: - 7/2012: 40k miles (no AF), 10k annual bonus, canceled before AF 7/2013
2nd: 3/2013: 35k miles (no AF), 10k annual bonus, canceled before AF 3/2014
3rd: 11/2013: 35k (No AF)
4th: 4/30/2014: 30k (no AF) per T&C. Will update when miles post.

Got the 15k bonus for $750 spend for card 1 & 2, not for 3.

Last edited by diceman; May 1, 2014 at 4:47 pm
Old Apr 30, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by diceman
Thanks tjbrooks!

Data Point
Not a preferred member!

4th: 4/30/2014: 30k (no AF)

Just to clarify: Are you saying you were able to see the 30K points posted?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Just to clarify: Are you saying you were able to see the 30K points posted?
No. Although the T&C on that link clearly state 30k miles after 1st purchase with no annual fee the 1st yr. I will update after 1st purchase of less than $1. Edited original post thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:47 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
thanks! hopefully this sticks around for a couple more months.
Old May 1, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by diceman
Thanks tjbrooks!

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=58

Data Point
Not a preferred member!

4th: 4/30/2014: 30k (no AF) per T&C. Will update when miles post.

Did you put your Dividend Miles number in the recent application on 4/30 or left it blank?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.