Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:02 pm

Most complex reconsideration call I've ever had on this card. The representative asked a ton of questions. Nature of work, employment history, amount of invested assets, percentage of income from work vs. investment, etc etc. In the end I was able to get approved with a sufficient credit line, and he confirmed the 35k on first purchase. ^

Surprisingly, he did not ask at all about other credit inquiries.

Time to take it easy for a while . . .
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I'm now getting "Sorry for the inconvenience----technical difficulties on all 3 of the "new" 35K no-fee links when I apply (yes I tried applying under all 3).
Just clicked on the link in post #1; it opened to an application.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:36 pm

Don't know how others are getting approved for a second card. I got my first one July 2012 and got denied when I applied yesterday for a 2nd card. When I called the reconsideration line, I was told that every consumer can only have one card.

I mentioned that I needed this for my business (I own and manage rental property), the rep said I should apply for the business card, but when she looked at my report, I was lectured for having too many recent inquires (two) and having applied for and closed too many cards in 2012. Actually, I've been pretty tame compared to FT standards (played it safe due to a refi) so I don't know what gives...YMMV.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by muji
Just clicked on the link in post #1; it opened to an application.
I filled that app out and submitted but when I checked online no record of any app and when I phoned there was no record of any app. The other two apps end in a "sorry for .... technical difficulties" message when I submit them.

Hopefully a term of the merger wasn't switching the US card to Citi immediately and the Barclays apps are already being taken down. When WN and FL merged AirTran immediately switched to Chase.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jada135
you should call them right away thats what i did and got approved.I think if you dont call they might try to pull another inquiry.
What phone # did you use?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
After some URL sleuthing I uncovered 3 links which all appear to offer the same 35k bonus after first purchase with annual fee waived:

All three links go directly to the application, but you can see the bonus information in the T&Cs. IMO this is pretty much the best offer now that the 40k bonus on first purchase is dead. Get 'em before they die a blog-inflicted death.
thanks so much for the 35K link! family member just applied and was instantly approved.

fyi for those of you trying to get the 40K offer and getting the pending status with no trace of an application, the link most likely has expired and your application is not being processed. i had the same thing happen when i tried using an expired travelocity link - received the pending message and a week later got a letter in the mail telling me that the link had expired so no application was processed and no inquiry made.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 1:57 pm

I'm getting the run around, even on the phone. "7-10 business days" "check the online application tool" (which isn't showing an application)
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I filled that app out and submitted but when I checked online no record of any app and when I phoned there was no record of any app.
I applied late last night via the link below. The application went through, I got a congratulations message - plus a prompt to go directly to the US Airways credit card page (first time that had ever happened) where my card number was already posted and the account was already set up, ready for activation once the card arrives.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7514156b412823
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:09 pm

I applied late last night via the link below. The application went through, I got a congratulations message - plus a prompt to go directly to the US Airways credit card page (first time that had ever happened) where my card number was already posted and the account was already set up, ready for activation once the card arrives.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...7514156b412823
This offer seems to have an $85 fee in the first year.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by jpvetter
This offer seems to have an $85 fee in the first year.
The offer is for 40,000 miles (not just 35,000) and does include a $89 annual fee - something I don't mind paying in order to get a full 40,000 miles. The important thing, however, is that this possibly is the only link still useable at this point. The situation is fluid and unclear.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:16 pm

The offer is for 40,000 miles (not just 35,000) and does include a $89 annual fee - something I don't mind paying in order to get a full 40,000 miles. The important thing, however, is that this possibly is the only link still useable at this point. The situation is fluid and unclear.
I agree. Just wanted to make it clear to those rushing to get the card before all the doors close.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
89 bucks for 5k miles? Doesnt seem like a good deal, since most calcs put USA miles @ 1.2-1.3cpm.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:19 pm

I applied for the 40k + annual fee waived yesterday just before the link expired, and got the 10 day message. What are the chances I will be approved? I have two barclay NFL cards (August 2012 and Feb 2013). No debt, CS 760, but now 5 TU inquiries. Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
89 bucks for 5k miles? Doesnt seem like a good deal...
For me it is a matter of getting 40,000 miles for $89 - as opposed to quite possibly getting zero miles (if in fact there are no other working application links still out there).
Old Feb 15, 2013, 2:23 pm

For me it is a matter of getting 40,000 miles for $89 - as opposed to quite possibly getting zero miles (if in fact there are no other working application links still out there).

35K link worked as of 30-60 min ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.