Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Credit Cards That Allow Points Conversion to Airline Miles (1 to 1 or better)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Cards That Allow Points Conversion to Airline Miles (1 to 1 or better)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I completely agree with you! It is important to mention, though, that this fee only applies when concerting MR points to miles in US carrier programs. And a BIG plus of MR remains that they typically transfer instantly.
Yes--both very good points to note. The instant xfer is def a big bennie.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
1. Yes, aeroplan is the only transfer partner they have.

2. Correct. You do not need to have a Fidelity brokerage account.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by "partner redemption fees." Do you mean charging an additional fee to book a United, Continental, etc. flight using aeroplan miles? Or do you mean charging to convert Fidelity Rewards points to aeroplan miles? The answer to both is "no."
Sounds like a very good option then--I'd just be concerned that one day I'd open my statement to find a note that Aeroplan xfer had been nixed and I'd be SOL...
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChrisInSD
Sounds like a very good option then--I'd just be concerned that one day I'd open my statement to find a note that Aeroplan xfer had been nixed and I'd be SOL...
Also, Aeroplan miles expire in 7 years with no extension (as well as in 12 months with no activity, but if you were using a card for that the 12 month window would not be a factor for you). This is not the case at any of the "major" airlines. Obviously, if you'll be redeeming as fast as you earn on intra-North-America coach flights, that wouldn't be an issue, but it might be if you are saving up a long time for some big award (premium class halfway around the world for a number of people).
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
Sadly, Aeroplan just announced a change in award chart: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rd-charts.html
Many of the sweet redemption options are no longer valid. This imho reduces the appeal of FIA Amex card.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by efox
Sadly, Aeroplan just announced a change in award chart: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...rd-charts.html
Many of the sweet redemption options are no longer valid. This imho reduces the appeal of FIA Amex card.
Ouch--the "33% devaluation" of Aeroplan + the 7 year rule makes it incredibly difficult to actullay save for a big group reward.

This card does seem much less attractive.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by efox
It is a big devaluation, but much less so for those of us that redeem for economy award (several award levels in economy even went down), and it's still a bargain for US-->EUROPE in Business for 90k, plus Aeroplan still has awesome routing rules, including two stopovers and the ability to do a mini-RTW for 75k in economy (including 2 stopovers and the destination).
Old May 2, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Hi, I read through 5 pages of this thread but either missed or didn't find the info I was looking for. Can someone tell me two things:

1. Does SPG AmEx charge a fee to transfer points to miles (akin to MR transfers)

2. Is there a limit on how many miles I can transfer to AA if I'm a Gold Elite (Citi AAdvantage MC waves the limit of 60K per year of points accrual for Elites, but the program itself has a limit of 15K per year transfers from places like Points.com)

I'm getting fed up with my Citi AA MC and if there's no limit on transfers I might get SPG instead, that has lower annual fee as well, and cancel the other one.

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2011, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by foxberg
Hi, I read through 5 pages of this thread but either missed or didn't find the info I was looking for. Can someone tell me two things:

1. Does SPG AmEx charge a fee to transfer points to miles (akin to MR transfers)

2. Is there a limit on how many miles I can transfer to AA if I'm a Gold Elite (Citi AAdvantage MC waves the limit of 60K per year of points accrual for Elites, but the program itself has a limit of 15K per year transfers from places like Points.com)

I'm getting fed up with my Citi AA MC and if there's no limit on transfers I might get SPG instead, that has lower annual fee as well, and cancel the other one.

Thanks!
1 - Nope. No charge at all.

2 - No overall limit, but there's an effective daily limit of 80K.

If you're looking for an SPG Amex, please let me refer you!
Old May 2, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by josephstern
1 - Nope. No charge at all.

2 - No overall limit, but there's an effective daily limit of 80K.

If you're looking for an SPG Amex, please let me refer you!
Thank you for the clarification. I will remember you when I decide to apply. As long as I get the same enrollment bonuses I have no problem with that. I've just gotten way more cards then I thought I would. I got X-ed on the last application for Chase CO. I have to wait for a few month. AmEx is usually good to me but I already have PL and DL from them.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by foxberg
Thank you for the clarification. I will remember you when I decide to apply. As long as I get the same enrollment bonuses I have no problem with that. I've just gotten way more cards then I thought I would. I got X-ed on the last application for Chase CO. I have to wait for a few month. AmEx is usually good to me but I already have PL and DL from them.
Yup - same bonuses right now. Last summer, there were bonuses out there that were better than what you could get through a referral, and, I think, at one point since, the referral gave you a better bonus, but right now, it's the same.
Old May 15, 2011, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Hasn't the rate for Chase Amazon to BA conversions changed?
Old May 15, 2011, 11:25 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Hasn't the rate for Chase Amazon to BA conversions changed?
I just logged in--there is no BA miles redemption option available any longer on my Amazon card. I think it's been eliminated. I read another post around here to that effect at some point recently...
Old May 16, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by ChrisInSD
I just logged in--there is no BA miles redemption option available any longer on my Amazon card. I think it's been eliminated. I read another post around here to that effect at some point recently...
I believe the option is still available by calling in. However, the conversion rate has been devalued to 6000 points for every 5000 BA miles.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jeelele
I believe the option is still available by calling in. However, the conversion rate has been devalued to 6000 points for every 5000 BA miles.
There was one report to that effect, but two of us were told it could not be done. Discussion near the end of this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...azon-visa.html
Old May 16, 2011, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Just added the Wyndham Rewards Visa to the original post. It's not quite 1 to 1 but it is 0.8 to 1 and earns rewards on CO, DL, AA, AC, UA, and others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.