Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:06 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
Any more experiences to report on non-citizens having to show proof of vaccination or other documents?
Only at check in (vax)
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
Any more experiences to report on non-citizens having to show proof of vaccination or other documents?
Parents and sister are non-US citizens/non-PRs and LH didn't ask them for proof of vax or attestation neither at BAH or FRA (June 14-15).
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:28 pm

Throughout the last 2 years US citizens have not been required to be vaccinated or boostered to enter the US, by land or by air or by sea. They did need a test by air but that is no longer the case.

There is no reason to think that a vaccination requirement will be introduced, even if test requirement returns.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On a very recent DL flight to the USA, I had to complete some online form with USA contact information before I could print a boarding pass.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Nayef
Parents and sister are non-US citizens/non-PRs and LH didn't ask them for proof of vax or attestation neither at BAH or FRA (June 14-15).
This week still, SK was asking lots of non-US passport users to submit an attestation form at the gates for the US-bound SK flights I saw. US passport users weren’t asked. Sounded to me like it was about vaccination status for non-US persons.
LupineChemist likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Apparently Verifly is asking for attestation from Non USC/LPR for vax status.

No idea if it asks for any proof beyond "pinky swear"
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Apparently Verifly is asking for attestation from Non USC/LPR for vax status.

No idea if it asks for any proof beyond "pinky swear"

I was under the impression that the Veryfly app would need your actual Vaccine status uploading to work, IE Vaccinated, Recovered or hold a negative test ?

If this is the case the attestation is irrelevant because they already know.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Howmuch
I was under the impression that the Veryfly app would need your actual Vaccine status uploading to work, IE Vaccinated, Recovered or hold a negative test ?

If this is the case the attestation is irrelevant because they already know.
But without the attestation Verifly won’t give the green light. Agree it’s crazy given the vaccination certificate out trumps any attestation! Same for Netherlands, a “vaccine declaration” is needed in addition to the vaccination certificate.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:38 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jimkwatson
But without the attestation Verifly won’t give the green light. Agree it’s crazy given the vaccination certificate out trumps any attestation! Same for Netherlands, a “vaccine declaration” is needed in addition to the vaccination certificate.
When I was watching the SAS US-bound flights in the more recent weeks, for those US-bound foreign visitors flying SAS, they were given the green light based on the attestation form alone being handed in. That too without the airline reps checking the proof of vaccination or even that the handed-informs had been signed and completed properly. No requirement to use Verifly or the likes of it.
Howmuch likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
When I was watching the SAS US-bound flights in the more recent weeks, for those US-bound foreign visitors flying SAS, they were given the green light based on the attestation form alone being handed in. That too without the airline reps checking the proof of vaccination or even that the handed-informs had been signed and completed properly. No requirement to use Verifly or the likes of it.
I expect this will become the norm for all airlines in the coming weeks and month's if its not already.

If the vaccine mandates are not dropped fairly soon we'll see unvaccinated travellers lose patience and attest they are vaccinated or turn up with a dodgy vaccine certificate in the unlikely event they get asked for proof.

There's no checks at all on vaccine status from what I am hearing once you land in the USA so there's not a lot to lose for those who need to get to the states but don't want or can't have a vaccine.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 10:11 pm

Just in UK at the airport layover in Miami - was told we need an attestation form but the only version I can find is requiring a covid test? I assume this is no longer in effect - we just need proof of vaccination status, if anything?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Swiss and Lufthansa
So Lufthansa are still requiring the attestation form to enter the USA? Even though you are not required to test / the form is no longer in use??
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Helenahelena
Just in UK at the airport layover in Miami - was told we need an attestation form but the only version I can find is requiring a covid test? I assume this is no longer in effect - we just need proof of vaccination status, if anything?
You need proof of vaccination and the attestation form will/should be provided by the airline. Some apps will allow you to fill it in that way.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Helenahelena
Have you tried to find the current version of the attestation form on the USA government website? IIRC looking for something under cdc.gov worked for me last month. I printed it but my airline didn't ask for it, although I filled in something on their (DL) app during OLCI.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:56 pm

of all the times I am asked to sign attestation form, I never need to print them. the airlines provide the hardcopies or the airlines encode them as an electronic declaration.

not everyone goes to the airport from a home or hotel with printer, some came straight after spending 6 weeks in the wilderness and they are supposed to get this printed?

in short, I think this is not worth spending time worrying.
ExpatExp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.