Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
CHECK THIS LINK FOR YOUR LOT NUMBER ON YOUR BinaxNOW Covid Tests for the extended expiration date:
  • Lot 195-200: https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW%E2%84%A2%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Upda te%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en
  • Lot 195-200 and 195-100: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/binax-now/scrtechs-0381-v8-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-home-test-product.pdf
  • Lot 195-000: https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID-19-BinaxNOW-Expiry-Extension.pdf

Previously, it was on https://ohio.emed.com/ but the link has been removed.

The good news is that as of mid-Dec 2021, Abbott Labs is apparently shipping only kits with printed expiration dates well into 2022.

*Hat Tip to poster Blue Skye

Print Wikipost

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: MVP Gold, Platinum Medallion, Ambassador Elite
This morning (Europe) was 356 minutes. Went and paid for a rapid antigen at the airport.

ridiculous.
Vtjournalist likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:35 am

465 minutes wait time this morning from Spain. I'll get a rapid antigen test today and write eMed for a refund. Ridiculous.
Vtjournalist likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Back door method, while it lasts 😕

Go to the main Emed website, scroll to the very bottom of the page. Look to the left hand side for language choice of English or Spanish, choose Spanish. Navigate your way through the menus (in spanish). Our queue this morning was about 15-20 min. They still speak fluent english. Successfully tested. Total time 45 min all-in.

Maybe this post kills the benefit, maybe not. Good luck to all.

Last edited by LoungeLizardHugo; Aug 7, 2021 at 3:46 am
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
This sounds like a way harder option than a local test.
SanDiego1K, not2017 and gudugan like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:36 am

I used this last month and it was so simple and easy. Was travelling with a friend and he used this last week - his waiting time was less than a minute. They've just had some sort of meltdown. Went and got a local antigen test in Madrid this morning for EUR40. On principle, I'm going to ask eMed to refund it.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Go to the main Emed website, scroll to the very bottom of the page. Look to the left hand side for language choice of English or Spanish, choose Spanish. Navigate your way through the menus (in spanish). Our queue this morning was about 15-20 min. They still speak fluent english. Successfully tested. Total time 45 min all-in.

I tried that 8 hours ago and got exactly the same wait times English/Spanish. Originating IP location might have an impact? - I'm in Zurich on local WiFI, didn't try our VPN, still got the 300 min wait time.
Bottom line - 15 min drive to ZRH, 15 min in line and no waiting for the actual test, results in 20 min, and 2 hours for grandkid to play at the Observation Deck worked fine (other than extra cost - 70 euros plus airport parking), but I too will claim a refund from Abbott - the Card Test test kits I received expire before my Thanksgiving trip back. Very annoying.
not2017 and OSSYULYYZ like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:49 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by FlyingfromDC
Wait time right now is 346 minutes, i.e. almost 6 hours. It seems to be getting worse…
Was quoted a whopping 436 minutes this morning. Stretching into hour eight. At this point you could turn it on in the morning, go out all day, come home and take your test at night. This is unacceptable and I want a refund honestly.

Will go with Ellume next time. The test is a little bit more invasive up the nose, but at least you set an appointment with the proctor.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo

Do the test results still come in English on the eMed email?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:57 am

Programs: MileagePlus
450 MINUTES??? Ok that is absolute insanity.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by kac2138
450 MINUTES??? Ok that is absolute insanity.
Yep. Next time I'm going with Ellume/Azova. They let you set an appointment date and time with the proctor rather than join a virtual waiting room.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Looks like wait time has come down from 400+ minutes to 300+ now.

Someone had called eMed about this earlier today and was told they had about 2,000 in line at the time and this translated into a little over 8 hours of waiting. Points Guy article a while back disclosed that a proctor is expected to conduct about 12 tests per hour during an 8-hour shift. So it seems they may have about 20 proctors working, possibly fewer if they have been able to pick up speed. It’s not enough to meet the demand, but suggests their operation has not been COMPLETELY paralyzed in the Philippines (yet) due to the lockdown, or that they have been able to pull in resources from another region.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:10 am

Exclamation Covid test return to USA. Long wait!

Anyone who purchased the Abbott Binax home test with the Emed/NAVICA telemedicine zoom link need to be aware of the extremely long wait times to get connected. Out of curiosity I attempted to set up a test via Zoom and the wait time to be connected this morning (8/7/21) was 346 minutes! Nearly six hours!! I bought the test kit before I leave on my trip next week. If this is the standard wait time my advise is get the PCR or antigen test done in the country you're visiting within the three-day window before departure. Waiting damn near six hours is inexcusable.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 7, 2021 at 8:30 am Reason: Please use standard font, not all bold.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:33 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Yeah I think we should monitor this over the next month and see if they add staff. Otherwise the product is not useful.
demkr likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by demkr
Do the test results still come in English on the eMed email?
Yes! I had the exact same concern. Nothing spanish about the results 👍 Once you tell the guide to speak in English everything is like entering queue normal way.

Also they do a nice email with pdf of results for those who care which looks better than just showing results in Navica app.
demkr likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Wow. We used ours in early July for our return trip from Paris and waited only seconds. We have a trip to Greece planned later this mont, I guess I’ll need to figure out local testing options as a backup. Not at all thrilled that all these tests we bought might be useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.