Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Worldwide Infection Rates and Developments (was Europe only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worldwide Infection Rates and Developments (was Europe only)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by hugolover
Despite FFP2? More proof that vaccines, masks, make little difference nearly 2 years since this started, you need to lockdown. Cases are out of control in Germany and I noticed FFP2 compliance is high and Covid passes for months, like Austria. In fact Dr Hillary (Good Morning Britain Health guy) was commending the Germans and Austrians on their mask compliance vs England which has no mask mandates and no covid passes.
...and low hospitalisations and deaths.

Good on the Austrians, surely Germany needs to follow? Lockdown is slowly creeping back, thank goodness, LV, CZ, NL, AT...
You really are very strange...
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:04 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Geographic distribution of COVID-19 : 14-day COVID-19 case notification rate per 100 000, worldwide, weeks 44-45 (date of production 18 November 2021)

adrianlondon and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
...and low hospitalisations and deaths.

You really are very strange...
I’m no scientist, but I feel assured Austria has some pretty smart people at the helm. As does the Netherlands, Latvia and Czechia. I’ll be able to add to this list in a few days a few others.

I don’t think the decisions of the countries I have mentioned is strange, their primary concern is saving lives and their respective scientists and politicians have got together to carry out their civic duty. Lockdown is a last resort but clearly necessary- otherwise these pillars of established democracy and freedom wouldn’t do it.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Despite FFP2? More proof that vaccines, masks, make little difference nearly 2 years since this started, you need to lockdown. Cases are out of control in Germany and I noticed FFP2 compliance is high and Covid passes for months, like Austria. In fact Dr Hillary (Good Morning Britain Health guy) was commending the Germans and Austrians on their mask compliance vs England which has no mask mandates and no covid passes.

Good on the Austrians, surely Germany needs to follow? Lockdown is slowly creeping back, thank goodness, LV, CZ, NL, AT...
I guess you need to remove those 2 items from the list in your signature block, then...
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
I have some travel plans in December and trying to gauge if I'll be stuck indoors the whole time or whether it will be relatively BAU.

I know that crystal ball is elusive but what is the sentiment on the ground?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 11:25 pm
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Where do you plans to travel ?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Some regions of Austria are going full lockdown (Salzburg and Upper Austria)
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...wn-2021-11-18/
My Christmas travel takes me to Germany, Budapest, Dubai, then Bucharest. I'm starting to get oh so very stressed that I might end up losing a whole lot of money here. I genuinely didn't think a full lockdown like this could be possible again.
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Full lockdown in Austria from
22 Nov: “Currently, unvaccinated people are only be allowed to leave home for limited reasons, such as working or buying food.
These rules will apply to the whole population from Monday.” BBC

Mandatory vaccines from 1 February.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Full lockdown in Austria from
22 Nov: “Currently, unvaccinated people are only be allowed to leave home for limited reasons, such as working or buying food.
These rules will apply to the whole population from Monday.” BBC

Mandatory vaccines from 1 February.
Will vaccinated people from other EUropean countries be able to enjoy the Austrian ski resorts this ski season?
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 3:29 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

The country goes Monday in a full lockdown, irrelevant of vaccination status.
So what do you think ?
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
For ski destination countries in Europe, Austria seems to have about 63% of the population vaccinated; Spain has about 80%, Italy about 72%, France about 69%, and Switzerland about 65%. And Bulgaria trails far behind at about 23%
Old Nov 19, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
What's interesting with Austria is the vaccine mandate. I'm thinking that there's a massive uphill legal battle coming the Bundesregierung's way, but I'm also not surprised if the overall number is stuck at 65%. I wonder if other countries will follow suit, and how often boosters will be required...
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Where do you plans to travel ?
Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Iceland, Spain, Netherlands areas.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:40 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland: avoid. You might be really stuck indoor. Netherlands is currently in lockdown light, Germany is tightening but is a mess, Swiss is not tightening but it is getting worse.

Iceland, Spain: more likely to be open, they have much higher vaccination rates.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 5:49 am

Thoughts on Hungary, Romania?

Is Austria changing travel rules as a result of this? Not that there will be hotels but maybe Airbnb?

I am in Germany for a family Christmas so it's all a bit of a worry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.