Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Copa | ConnectMiles
Reload this Page >

Impossible to reach COPA via telephone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Impossible to reach COPA via telephone.. I tried the 305 number and the 800 number listed on their website for USA residents. You either get a quick busy, circuits busy or unable to connect. I even sent them a tweet via DM 4 days ago and no reply, this is ridiculous. I have a substantial change in schedule and the email they sent me only lets me credit for the future or change travel within the next year. I want a refund.. I’ve never wanted to file a DOT complaint before, however I’m losing my patience. This is going on for six days. Unbelievable. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
305 371 2672 is working fine for me. I did just tell them about the 1800 freephone number being down - so hopefully they bring that up asap
Old Dec 15, 2020, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
305 371 2672 is working fine for me. I did just tell them about the 1800 freephone number being down - so hopefully they bring that up asap
Thank you that’s the number I have been using however all you do is get a quick busy signal. I just tried once again.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA
I just tried several times each to all three of their published US lines. (My idea of fun in quarantine!) 305 371 2672 , 800 359 2672 , 888 494 2672 . All connected, eventually. But, I did have a noticeable fail rate, maybe up to 50%. Busy signals, "all circuits busy", "dialings" that drop before connecting. But all three lines at some point connected.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
I've found the Canada number to work fairly decently in the last couple of weeks.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I want a refund.. I’ve never wanted to file a DOT complaint before, however I’m losing my patience. This is going on for six days. Unbelievable. Has anyone else experienced this?
If you want a refund and you can't get in touch with them, I don't understand why you aren't just filing that DOT complaint as opposed to threatening them here.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveholt
If you want a refund and you can't get in touch with them, I don't understand why you aren't just filing that DOT complaint as opposed to threatening them here.
Because I had some patience and everything worked out for the best

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 26, 2020 at 8:24 pm
Old Dec 26, 2020, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
The phone call service is dirt. I think this is intentional to avoid refunds as much as possible, since it took me more than 50 minutes to contact an agent, on a second occasion in October I waited more than an hour without being able to speak to an agent, which I got to faster solution that was to buy a new ticket and thus continue to avoid the stress of waiting on the phone
Old Dec 28, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
After several attempts trying to join them by phone, I filled a DoT complain. They could not provide a refund but 2 weeks later I received a voucher with 25% bonus (fine for me as I "had" to fly COPA)
Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yolow
After several attempts trying to join them by phone, I filled a DoT complain. They could not provide a refund but 2 weeks later I received a voucher with 25% bonus (fine for me as I "had" to fly COPA)
Actually part of their change language permits you to book another flight up until the end of next year (2021) same city pairs, no change fee and the original ticket price you paid still stands (Subject to availability) Or, taking a certificate plus I believe it was a 20% bonus. Sounds like you could’ve done that all by yourself, why did they not offer a refund and what did you state to the DOT?
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:23 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Actually part of their change language permits you to book another flight up until the end of next year (2021) same city pairs, no change fee and the original ticket price you paid still stands (Subject to availability) Or, taking a certificate plus I believe it was a 20% bonus. Sounds like you could’ve done that all by yourself, why did they not offer a refund and what did you state to the DOT?
You are right, the bonus is +20%.

Regarding DoT, I just said that Copa canceled my flights and offers only a voucher, that I will not have the opportunity to travel the same itinerary (which was a mess to be honest but the only solution I had at that time, with 3 different cities and always connecting through PTY), nor to travel with Copa within the voucher validity. I said that I asked Copa for a reimbursement, which they refused.
The DoT action accelerated my case and gave me the benefit of that 20% bonus that Copa did not offer at the beginning.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA
Has anyone gotten this function to work recently? I get a lot of timed out messages...

"Chat con mensajes instantáneos"
Old Mar 5, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador , CM Presidential, Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by soriano
Has anyone gotten this function to work recently? I get a lot of timed out messages...

"Chat con mensajes instantáneos"
I called have a few days ago and everything work good, not lost time for talk with agent
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold
Does anyone else have a reliable way of contacting Copa via phone? I have been trying the 800 and also 305 number since mid-May and the call does not go through. I have an itinerary in June which Copa did a schedule change that will not work with our obligations.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnnyappleseed
Does anyone else have a reliable way of contacting Copa via phone? I have been trying the 800 and also 305 number since mid-May and the call does not go through. I have an itinerary in June which Copa did a schedule change that will not work with our obligations.
Try emailing a few people from their executive leader ship: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/copa-airlines/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.