Wiki Posts
Search

UA PlusPoints for Copa upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
UA PlusPoints for Copa upgrades

Hey guys next month I’ll be flying Copa for the first time, I just wanted to know how Copa prioritizes the use of UA plus points for upgrades on them?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:38 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Z space needs to be available to upgrade into when you try it. No WL
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:57 am

After upgrading a Copa flight with United Pluspoints, I don't have access to the reservation anymore on Copa.com.
I get the following message: "It seems like your reservation needs to be reviewed by a service agent. Please contact our Call Center for assistance."
I called Copa and all their agents can say is that the reservation has not been synced yet and that I need to wait, I have been waiting for almost 10 days and nothing, I am worried this won't get fixed before my flight. How will I make check-in or choose my seats?
Any solution?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by carlosiah
After upgrading a Copa flight with United Pluspoints, I don't have access to the reservation anymore on Copa.com.
I get the following message: "It seems like your reservation needs to be reviewed by a service agent. Please contact our Call Center for assistance."
I called Copa and all their agents can say is that the reservation has not been synced yet and that I need to wait, I have been waiting for almost 10 days and nothing, I am worried this won't get fixed before my flight. How will I make check-in or choose my seats?
Any solution?
what are the first 3 digits of the ticket number?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:13 pm

The ticket number starts with 230
It was bough on Copa.com
Old Jun 13, 2023, 4:38 pm

The ticket number starts with 230
It was bough on Copa.com
Call them. Ask to be transferred to the redemption department. Hopefully one of the ladies there can sort it for you on that call
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by pmarrsouth
Call them. Ask to be transferred to the redemption department. Hopefully one of the ladies there can sort it for you on that call
what do you mean redemption department? Like to ConnectMiles program department?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 1:31 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Call the Miami desk, they can fix this quickly and you will be on your way.

USA
https://www.copaair.com/en-cl/connec...ervice-center/
Old Dec 11, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
How can one go about checking for Z inventory? ExpertFlyer does not show a "Z" fare class.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Any solution?
I just upgraded as well on a Copa-issued ticket, as see the same message. Ugh. Will try calling Copa to fix it.

Edit: Quick fix by Copa. Cant believe was able to use pluspoints to upgrade basic economy

Last edited by rankourabu; Dec 11, 2023 at 5:39 pm
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by FLLUAFlyer
How can one go about checking for Z inventory? ExpertFlyer does not show a "Z" fare class.
Generally if there is R available, there is also Z

But you will need to call them and ask if you want 100% confirmation
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
I've done this many times, both on 230 and 016 tickets. If Z is available the upgrade confirms immediately. If no Z space, it says no upgrade. There is no waitlisting.

Every time I have done this I get the 'call reservation' message. Every time they have been able to sync it within a minute or two, it's never been a problem.

If the agent can't do it, hang up and call again.

Only time we ever had an issue was a complex ticket... a 3 leg 016 UA/CM ticket, with 2 UA legs and 1 CM leg. I used PlusPoints to upgrade the UA legs, and UA miles to upgrade the CM leg. When I called to resync Copa said they could do nothing and United had to do it. United said Copa had to do it. I got United and Copa agents on a three way call and they couldn't figure it out. Got to the last leg (CM leg) and there was no seat assignment, and biz was full. Options were economy or don't fly. Flew. UA refunded the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.