Wiki Posts
Search

Getting partner miles on Copa?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Getting partner miles on Copa?

Going round and round with Copa trying to get Air China miles. My Connect Miles number was properly added at the start, it was a mileage earning class and the miles for the return posted automatically.

It has been 3 months since the flight. I have used the missing miles link, have tried making a complaint, and have spoken to Customer Service. Each time with numerous copies of the boarding card with my CM number. All ending up with mileage not posted.

Fearing the same with a Gol flight that hasn't posted.

I would like to keep this as a workable program, but only if there is a reasonable chance of getting proper credit.

Any advice or ideas are welcome.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:01 pm

I flew ANA round trip between US and Japan early this year. Copa FF# was added and printed on my boarding pass.

For the first leg (US->Japan), I emailed them a few days after the trip asking why the miles did not post. The agent replied my email a day later and credited the miles to my account. I was very impressed with the level of customer service.

Only until the time I took the second leg (Japan->US) and got the same problem. It has been 3 months now and I have tried everything (like you, I guess). My miles are still nowhere to be found.

Note that I am a Copa platinum. I cannot even imagine how Copa treats its regular members.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Gf and myself both got automatically credited within about 72 hours of our FRA-PTY flight on LH.

@both, try tweeting at them (@CopaAirlines). Sometimes that channel can be better than reg support
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

4 months later, even with Twitter response, still waiting for partner mileage to credit to Copa Connect with nothing but promises and excuses.

It seems that you can't depend on Copa Connect to properly credit partner miles despite paying a qualifying fare, waiting months and giving them all the requested information.

Copa Connect seems like a broken program with little resolve to deal with problems of partner mileage postings.

Why post to Copa Connect when they are doing little to protect the integrity of the program and your investment?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Another *Alliance, non United flight not crediting after 2 months.

Gol flight in March never credited.

Seems like a gamble crediting any non United flight to CopaConnect.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I never had a problem getting my miles credited (fligts on AV, SK and LH thi year), either posted automtically or using the form on the website.

The customer service problem is not related to Copa alone though. It's more of a cultural thing (with all due respect to any Panamanian reading this), and I have had the same knd of lax attitude with banks, phone companies, real estate agents etc.
One just has to live with the fat that sometimes you have to fight hard for what is rightfully yours.
This becomes a serious problem when, as Copa, you have a large exposure to an international clientele with other expectations to service level.

My best advice is to keep trying. How ridicolous it may sound. And dont put on an attitude when talking to reps. It may be counter productive.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: CM Gold / *A Gold
Early on, when ConnectMiles began in July 2015 their partner miles weren't automatically crediting to my account. I was advised to send a scan of my *a boarding passes to - - [email protected] - it was manually entered within 6 days of sending the email.

You might want to try this method if miles aren't posting automatically or through their webform. Ensure to include your name and connectmiles numero, once its complete they will usually reply to your email. Good luck!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Milkman
The customer service problem is not related to Copa alone though. It's more of a cultural thing (with all due respect to any Panamanian reading this), and I have had the same knd of lax attitude with banks, phone companies, real estate agents etc.
Ditto. Copa needs to up their game if they want to be a player.

I called to rearrange a flight a couple of weeks ago, and I swear I could overhear some sort of mentor or supervisor directing the agent on the line. I could tell by the jargon and direction from the mentor that he understood better what I was asking for and how to do it. And the english jargon came out in a gringo accent, which really made me wonder. Maybe they're trying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.