Copa, PTY connection questions.

Old May 28, 17, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Silver, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
Does this apply to non-US flights? Am flying in from CUN on to Brazil, and was just wondering if there are any security screenings at PTY where liquids get confiscated.

On a separate note, my connection is 85 mins: enough time to visit the Copa Club?
70 minutes more than you will need plane to plane in PTY. Plus they pad their schedules so don't be surprised that you have 115 minutes.

Other screening at the gate is to US airports with the little cattle pen model. Other destinations there's nothing gate to gate.
Old May 29, 17, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), SPG/MR LTPP, HH Diamond, LeClubAccor Gold, UA Silver, Azul Safira
Originally Posted by ricktoronto View Post
70 minutes more than you will need plane to plane in PTY. Plus they pad their schedules so don't be surprised that you have 115 minutes.

Other screening at the gate is to US airports with the little cattle pen model. Other destinations there's nothing gate to gate.
PTY seems like a very efficient hub. Look fwd to trying.

OTOH shame about Copa Club: from what I've been reading it's one of the most disappointing flagship lounges.
Old May 29, 17, 6:55 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
PTY seems like a very efficient hub. Look fwd to trying.

OTOH shame about Copa Club: from what I've been reading it's one of the most disappointing flagship lounges.
I can confirm both points, having PTY as my home airport and CM as my preferred carrier.
PTY is a great place for transfers, but the place itself is nothing to write home about. And Copa Club is, despite several facelifts over the last few years, a horrible flagship lounge.
If you hit one of the big transfer banks, you will even have to look hard for a place to sit.
Old May 30, 17, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, WS Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Silver, Radisson Gold
A bit of an overstatement calling it a flagship lounge. It's their lounge. I don't think they are calling it a flagship, e.g. of the same status as an AA Flagship Lounge.
Old May 30, 17, 8:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), SPG/MR LTPP, HH Diamond, LeClubAccor Gold, UA Silver, Azul Safira
Flagship as in their home-lounge... As opposed to a Copa lounge in Mexico City, if they even have a dedicated lounge outside of PTY. AA doesn't own the term flagship.
Old Aug 28, 17, 3:53 pm
2018 Secret Santa

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Gold, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Is there a shower in the current iteration of the Copa Club?
Old Aug 28, 17, 7:17 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
Is there a shower in the current iteration of the Copa Club?
Yes, there are a few shower cabins.
Old Aug 29, 17, 9:39 am
2018 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Yes, there are a few shower cabins.
Great, thanks!
Old Jan 8, 18, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA (1K), Flying Blue (Platinum), QR (Gold), MH (Gold)
I have a question that is technically not about connecting in PTY but rather about flying through PTY on separate tickets.
I will be flying CM199 from LIR, landing at PTY at 4:44 PM. I have a separate ticket on AF475 to CDG, departing PTY at 9:10 PM, which means I will have 4h26m between flghts. I will have luggage to check in LIR.
Do CM interline with AF? Is there any chance the CM check-in desk at LIR will be able/willing to check my luggage through to my final destination, so I won’t have to claim my bag in PTY and re-check it with AF? And, if that is not the case, will 4h26m be enough for me to clear immigration in PTY, enter Panama, claim my bag, do check-in with AF and then clear immigration again and security?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 8, 18, 4:28 pm
2018 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by mihaid View Post
I have a question that is technically not about connecting in PTY but rather about flying through PTY on separate tickets.
I will be flying CM199 from LIR, landing at PTY at 4:44 PM. I have a separate ticket on AF475 to CDG, departing PTY at 9:10 PM, which means I will have 4h26m between flghts. I will have luggage to check in LIR.
Do CM interline with AF? Is there any chance the CM check-in desk at LIR will be able/willing to check my luggage through to my final destination, so I won’t have to claim my bag in PTY and re-check it with AF? And, if that is not the case, will 4h26m be enough for me to clear immigration in PTY, enter Panama, claim my bag, do check-in with AF and then clear immigration again and security?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
You can always ask about interlining, but with different alliances wouldn't count on it. Otherwise 4:26 is tons of time to get bag & do customs/immig, re-check bag, and enter security.
Old Jan 15, 18, 5:22 am

Programs: CO/UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Au, Hilton Ag, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
You can always ask about interlining, but with different alliances wouldn't count on it.
Mind you there are codeshare agreements between AF/KL and CM; I am aware of CM having a code on the KL PTY-AMS flight, not sure about AF PTY-CDG. Do note that if you have to re-check you'll have to clear immigration in PTY too.
Old Jan 17, 18, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Hi,
Is there any SMOKING room/area airside in PTY ?.I have twice, 4 hour connections through PTY in FEB.
Thanks
Old Jan 17, 18, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Copa Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yulmichael View Post
Hi,
Is there any SMOKING room/area airside in PTY ?.I have twice, 4 hour connections through PTY in FEB.
Thanks
No smoking air side at PTY.
Old Jan 18, 18, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, BA, AC, CX, AS, DL, AF(gold), IHG(plt), SPG(gold), HHONORS, .
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin View Post
No smoking air side at PTY.
Thanks
Michael
Old Jan 18, 18, 10:13 pm

Programs: CO/UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Au, Hilton Ag, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by yulmichael View Post
As already mentioned no. And to add insult to injury, land-side you aren't allowed to smoke near the terminal either... Last time I passed through there with a smoker, it was quite a hike to a place where police weren't grabbing their ticket-book if they suspected you of smoking...

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: