Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC CO Belgian Beer Micro-Do May 14, 2008

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Whether or not the promised blessing over a round of Belgians was said for me, thanks to all for their kind words, but I didn't win. Should have gone drinking instead.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Sorry to hear that ConciergeMike. Not sure that we had one in your honor, but many were had.

On the plus side, I'm 8 beers in to a new century club, and I got to meet a few new FTers tonight and a good time was had by all. Kudos to thode who made it (including Winston) and to those who didn't.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
7:30a meetings after 7hrs of drinking SUCK

Had a great time last night guys, thanks for coming out! I had 8 or 10 or so wonderful beers in great company...give me a couple of hours to get over the hangover and I'll be up for the next one.
Old May 15, 2008, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by shell nyc
give me a couple of hours to get over the hangover and I'll be up for the next one.
That's the spirit! I can recall a few post-DO mornings where I swore I would never drink again.

Sounds like y'all had a good time up there. Perhaps the IAH and EWR contingents should meet on neutral ground for some future DO. LEX, STL, BNA?
Old May 15, 2008, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
That's the spirit! I can recall a few post-DO mornings where I swore I would never drink again.
Yeah I had one of those back in January, thanks to North Shore Old Stock Ale and The Flying Saucer. Was really glad I didn't have to get up and go to work the next morning.
Old May 15, 2008, 8:50 am

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Sounds like y'all had a good time up there. Perhaps the IAH and EWR contingents should meet on neutral ground for some future DO. LEX, STL, BNA?
Are we trying to rival ssullivan's trail of fine destinations?

If IAH and EWR are the extremes, would CLE be neutral ground? Or, better yet, lets invade another carriers hub.

Last edited by fozz; May 15, 2008 at 8:50 am Reason: typo
Old May 15, 2008, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fozz
If IAH and EWR are the extremes, would CLE be neutral ground? Or, better yet, lets invade another carriers hub.
We could take over the WC in MEM. They wouldn't know what hit them!
Old May 15, 2008, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fozz
Are we trying to rival ssullivan's trail of fine destinations?
Hey now, if he was trying to do that, he would have suggested RIW or WRL. Although I haven't been to LEX yet, so a Do there would let me add that to my FlightMemory...
Old May 15, 2008, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
C'mon... Find some places with mainline flights from both IAH and EWR. No COEX, please...
Old May 15, 2008, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rkkwan
C'mon... Find some places with mainline flights from both IAH and EWR. No COEX, please...
RDU gets mainline from IAH. Not sure about from EWR.
Old May 15, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
MSY is the place to go.

Sorry to have missed it. Got stuck with work after a red-eye back from SFO.

I propose MSY for lots of reasons. Molly's on the Market (world reknowned) would be a great place to do it. Here's mt 'Top 10' list

1. They already have 'Neutral Grounds' ^
2. There's no closing time (if we're drinking, they're serving) ^
3. Good food to go with the good drink.
4. Mainline from EWR and IAH.
5. If it's a big crowd, we can move to the street.
6. Lots of reasonablely priced hotel space within a couple of blocks. One can almost guarantee ghosts.
7. Attendees will get exclusive FT beads to treasure forever - how cool to show up at a regular DO with FT beads from MSY.
8. Management will work with us on Brand selections, etc.
9. The list goes on and on but the best thing that visitors can do is to spend money.
10. There's reasonable pricing available for hotel, drinks, food, etc and ITA shows October fares at 174 from IAH and 289 for Fri / Sat in Oct / Nov (including Halloween). There's a new big Halloween parade this year as well.
Old May 15, 2008, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
RDU gets mainline from IAH. Not sure about from EWR.
RDU might work...there are a couple of EWR-RDU mainline flights a day, the rest are Q400s and RJs.
Old May 15, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
MSY Flights

IAH - MSY almost hourly, almost all mainline.

EWR-IAH 3 mailnlie and 1 RJ non stop and all corts of connections through IAH at the same fare (or very close)

There are 6:30 AM outbounds to IAH and EWR so you can drink until you have to leave for the airport and save on a hotel room (gross but doable)

Last edited by SuperG1955; May 15, 2008 at 9:51 am
Old May 15, 2008, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How about ATL? Plenty of mainline from both EWR and IAH, about the same distance from both, and for Platinums, frequent EUAs 5 days out. And for you Starwood fans, there's only like 4 Ws, and several Westins and Sheratons to chose from.
Old May 15, 2008, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ssullivan
How about ATL? Plenty of mainline from both EWR and IAH, about the same distance from both, and for Platinums, frequent EUAs 5 days out. And for you Starwood fans, there's only like 4 Ws, and several Westins and Sheratons to chose from.
Do I detect a hint of city-preference bias?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.