Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another HNL revup question...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Wink Yet another HNL revup question...

I am plat and confirmed in BF EWR-HNL both ways. My traveling companion is in the back and is non-elite.

My question is this, if I call the elite line 24 hours in advance of the departure (assuming Z class is available)...do you think the agent would confirm the upgrade...or am I going to have to make sure we are at the P club T+2 ready to pounce on the agent?

I suppose it all depends who you get on the phone at the elite desk??? Any experiences with this?

EDIT: I should add...we were originally on the same PNR, I was split when I waitlisted for an upgrade each way and it cleared. I wonder if that would get me any mileage with the elite line?

Last edited by TommyC80; Apr 10, 2008 at 8:58 pm
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: not much of anything anymore
YOU as an elite can call at T-24 and get the confirmed upgrade (if it's available). I'm not sure if your companion can until the gate tho...

I am about 4/4 for T-24 rev-ups to/from HNL.

Whoops - just saw you already got the upgrade...

"Elite and all Y-fares may confirm the upgrade 24 hours prior to departure through Continental Reservations (or at the airport if you so choose). All other customers on published fares may confirm only within two hours of departure and only at the airport. Travel agents are not able to process these requests."

Last edited by LAhatetofly; Apr 10, 2008 at 10:59 pm
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I guess what I'm really asking is, do you think the Elite agent would make an accommodation for me... calling in to request the BF upgrade for my non-elite companion, and paying for it myself at T+24.

If we were still both on the same PNR, I doubt it would be a problem if I called in for both of us to get cleared at the same time at T+24...but now that I'm in BF and she's not, we're on separate PNRs.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:07 am
Suspended

wasn't there a recent hawaii rev-up thread?

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=810123
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:48 am
Original Poster

If you see the answer to my question in any previous thread please point it out.

Your responses consistently add little to no value to the question being asked
Old Apr 11, 2008, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I think you have to get a kind agent

When I did the rev up at T-24, as an elite, with my non-elite husband on the same PNR, I was initially told he couldn't have it because he wasn't elite. I told the agent to check again, and was able to get it for him.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:42 am

i think if you get a nice agent, or one that knows the system really well (hard to find re: HI rev-ups) you should be ok. especially b/c you're in BF already.

just call a few times if it doesnt work.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:50 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by TommyC80
I am plat and confirmed in BF EWR-HNL both ways. My traveling companion is in the back and is non-elite.

My question is this, if I call the elite line 24 hours in advance of the departure (assuming Z class is available)...do you think the agent would confirm the upgrade...or am I going to have to make sure we are at the P club T+2 ready to pounce on the agent?

I suppose it all depends who you get on the phone at the elite desk??? Any experiences with this?

EDIT: I should add...we were originally on the same PNR, I was split when I waitlisted for an upgrade each way and it cleared. I wonder if that would get me any mileage with the elite line?
Hi TommyC80, I won't fault you for trying, but your travel companion would not be eligible to confirm the Hawaii Rev-up outside of 2 hours before departure. This is regardless of whether you're in the same reservation.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Then according to this, I got really lucky. Thanks Scott.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TommyC80
Your responses consistently add little to no value to the question being asked
that wasn't my point. my point was that your question could have easily been tacked onto the existing -- and quite recent -- thread.

again, if we had one thread on rev-ups (similar to having one thread on the PC Mastercard or BF upgrades or BF food, or EWR customer service, etc.), it would be easier to find things instead of having scads of one-off threads (usually with non-descriptive, generic titles such as in this case).

now, let's say that your title was actually descriptive (which it clearly wasn't), then maybe it would be justified (and even beneficial) in breaking it out since it would highlight a specific revup issue. a search on "revup" (or "rev-up") would show the thread and the title would highlight a very specific situation. awesome. but, since your title is so vague (and basically unhelpful), a search would result in yet another one-off thread with a non-descriptive title.

for the life of me, i don't see why this is so difficult and/or confusing. and, people continue to flame me instead of addressing my points. a better retort by the OP would have been an explanation why this thread should be a new thread (i.e., "i bring up a specific situation, as can been seen by my topic title") instead of just flaming me. OP: if you had a good reason on why this should be its own thread, that would basically shut me up, no? wouldn't that be a great comeback? and, if the OP chooses to ignore this post, i would invite anyone to address these points. anyone.

Last edited by fly co to see the yanks; Apr 11, 2008 at 9:54 am
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy (Titanium) . Delta (Platinum)
[QUOTE=fly co to see the yanks;9555806]that wasn't my point. my point was that your question could have easily been tacked onto the existing -- and quite recent -- thread.

....and, people continue to flame me instead of addressing my points. [QUOTE]

Because your points are best addressed to a moderator. So take it to one of them, privately.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=fly co to see the yanks;9555806]that wasn't my point. my point was that your question could have easily been tacked onto the existing -- and quite recent -- thread.

Give me a break!

Some of us have real lives and don't have hours to post 13,000 times or to wade thru sometimes non-user friendly thread/topic searches.

I don't see anything wrong in discussing a previous topic, if the OP and others with more recent experience didn't participate in the earlier discussion. If you don't like it, don't participate.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:07 am

Arrow

Issues with posts should not be addressed with another post but via the moderation team by using the Report Bad Post functionality. We will review it as soon as possible and take action as appropriate.

PLEASE DO NOT STRAY OFF TOPIC OR BECOME INDIVIDUAL "THREAD POLICE" AS YOUR POSTS WILL BE MODERATED WITH POTENTIAL FUTURE ACTIONS INCLUDING A TIMEOUT FROM FLYERTALK.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:10 pm

Shoot it's the fuzz, run for it!

The FAQ thread has been updated with this small nuance regarding non-elites travelling with elites with respect to revups.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
How Many EQM's?

Lets say I have a enconomy ticket purchased though co.com and I want to rev-up if it is available. Do I earn 150% EQM for "Z" class or do I earn 100% for my economy fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.