Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why Does it Take So Long for "Internal Processing of [my] Reservation" to Finalize?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does it Take So Long for "Internal Processing of [my] Reservation" to Finalize?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:28 am
RNE
Original Poster

Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or e-mail or print your itinerary.

I booked a reward flight on Monday. Today is Friday. What gives?

Point of Order: Shouldn't "You will be promptly notified once..." be "You will be notified promptly once..."
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Fixing split infinitives is the most important thing CO can do to make their website better.......once that's done ...perfection!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
Thank you for choosing Continental Airlines. Your purchase is confirmed. You will be promptly notified once the internal processing of your reservation has been finalized so that you can request additional receipts, export to Outlook, refund or change your flight, view/change seats, check-in, or e-mail or print your itinerary.

I booked a reward flight on Monday. Today is Friday. What gives?

Point of Order: Shouldn't "You will be promptly notified once..." be "You will be notified promptly once..."
This happened to me when I upgraded using miles just before Thanksgiving. When no confirmation arrived the next day, I called OnePass and the agent told me not to worry, but there were 387 people ahead of me in the queue to be ticketed
About 48 hours later, I received the confimation email.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I bought two revenue tickets the other day (two records, two sessions), one ticketed within a minute or so, the other hung with this "internal processing" stuff for a while.

I called the ESD, and they did something and it ticketed right away. I asked the lady what happened, and she said that it had "fallen out of queue" and that "this happens every once in a while."

Seems that as of late, I can't really do business with CO without some sort of human intervention. Maybe they've flagged my account or something.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:30 am

Programs: CO Plat, PC Lifex, SPG Gold
I usually receive ticket confirmation within minutes. That is odd that you are not getting confirmation within the day at least.

Kinda off topic - the below is like the opposite....
I actually wanted to comment on the fact that last week I purchased a ticket from a third party website. (usually when I do this the flights do not show up on my onepass accnt, so I cant manipulate seats and what not.) So I was pleasently surprised when I logged on to co.com that the information was there within 30 seconds of when I clicked on Purchase on the original website to logging on @ co.com!
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Fixing split infinitives is the most important thing CO can do to make their website better.......once that's done ...perfection!
LOL! ^ (I hate split infinitives.)
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:20 am

That isn't a split infinitive. An example of a split infinitive would be 'to promptly notify', which people who worry about these things feel should be 'to notify promptly'. (The basis is that in Latin and Greek, the infinitive ('to notify') was a single word ('notificare'), not two, so if, like Victorian-era schoolteachers, you thought English should be modeled on Latin, you did the best you could and didn't split 'to notify' with another word.)

'Will be promptly notified' is just a complex verb form. There aren't afaik any rules about splitting this, even though in Latin this was also a single word, so logically if you worry about one you should worry about the other too.

Don't play with grammatical fire if you don't know what you're talking about.

Back on topic: partner awards seem to take longer to ticket. The QF J award I picked up two hours before the end of validity of the old award amount last week took four days to ticket.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by yellow77
That isn't a split infinitive. An example of a split infinitive would be 'to promptly notify', which people who worry about these things feel should be 'to notify promptly'. (The basis is that in Latin and Greek, the infinitive ('to notify') was a single word ('notificare'), not two, so if, like Victorian-era schoolteachers, you thought English should be modeled on Latin, you did the best you could and didn't split 'to notify' with another word.)

'Will be promptly notified' is just a complex verb form. There aren't afaik any rules about splitting this, even though in Latin this was also a single word, so logically if you worry about one you should worry about the other too.
Sure, but the principle is, as you say, the same (at least according to my ninth grade grammar instructor).
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: OnePass - Platinum, MileagePlus - 1K (Linked)
Didn't clear for 20 days

My cousin booked a flight for the summer. She completed the transaction on February 3 and it never cleared. I finally called the CTO and the agent fixed it. It appeared immediately. Does this affect any status stuff like upgrades? She is silver so upgrades may be slim, but does booking date have any part in the equation?
Old Feb 25, 2008, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by gumflyer
My cousin booked a flight for the summer. She completed the transaction on February 3 and it never cleared. I finally called the CTO and the agent fixed it. It appeared immediately. Does this affect any status stuff like upgrades? She is silver so upgrades may be slim, but does booking date have any part in the equation?
Ticketing date is somewhere in the tiebreaker list for EUA after status and fare class, I think, but that isn't specifically mentioned in the FAQ so I'm not certain. Probably not a big enough issue to get worried about.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I had NW take 3 weeks to issue a ticket recently.

It actually caused quite a problem because it was bought on a debit card and the authorization dropped off. Well, I didn't even think about it and meanwhile closed the checking account it was linked to. A few weeks later I get a notice from the bank saying that they paid it (I assume since it was at one time authorized) and wanted reimbursed. Personally I wish they would have denied the payment since NW dragged their feet so long in charging it... the ticket was for my soon to be ex-wife. Would have been pretty funny if she showed up at the airport with no ticket since she's the one that actually closed the account without discussing it with me first.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 7:01 pm
RNE
Original Poster

I finally called in and there was some problem with my address that was keeping it from going through. They fixed it. One wonders how long it would have sat there otherwise.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 5:25 am

I just booked my first ever flight on co.com late last night and find it not yet ticketed this AM. How much time should I give it before calling. This is really a strange situation these days.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by jonu
I just booked my first ever flight on co.com late last night and find it not yet ticketed this AM. How much time should I give it before calling. This is really a strange situation these days.
I'd call now. It isn't all that typical that it would take more than a couple hours to process.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The two emails I received indicated that the ticket I booked last night was in the queue for three minutes. Not bad at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.