Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spouse and Presidents Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Spouse and Presidents Club

I've been a Prez Club Member for 7 years but don't really know much about it other than showing my ID and card and going in. Next month my hubby and I are taking our anniversary trip and going to London. I leave 2 days before, on business, and he meets me there after.

I have a President's Club Membership and I know my hubby gets in with me when I am there. But he has a 6 hour layover in Newark the day he leaves to meet me and as I won't be there he can't go in. I don't want him having to roam the airport when I pay for the service, but I don't think there's a spousal clause. I see on the website that you can buy passbooks of 6, but it's not something I'd ever need again. Does anyone know if we can buy spouses a day pass or something?

I always feel like I don't get what I pay for (my fault, not theirs) because I don't drink alcohol, and I usually fly so early that the club isn't open for at least 2 legs of every trip. (Each trip for me is at least 4 legs.) But with a 6 hour layover, I really want my hubby to at least have a comfy place to sit. Are there such things as spouse day passes?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:03 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
The answer is no, AFAIK.

There was a thread titled "PC Spouse Day Pass", but it is about AS lounge daypass.

As you may know, your husband can buy a regular Day Pass at PC for $45.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
No, I didn't know that but am happy to hear it. I'll be flying to LAS on Wednesday, so I can buy one and surprise him. 6 hours IS a long wait, but the fare we got for him was unbelieveable-$363 round trip from DTW to Heathrow, stoppiing in EWR. My fare from here to LAS was more than that. So I think the $45 in this case seems like no big deal.

Thanks for the answer!
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm not sure if the day pas you buy at the lounge can be used on a different day or not, which might put a crimp in your plan. If you explain that it is a gift they'll probably figure out how to make it happen, but make sure you explain that.

There's also a PC membership that adds spousal entry independent of the primary member, but that seems to be overkill for you if hubby is usually with you on the road.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
There's also the President's Club Meetings thread. You can post there and maybe someone will be flying out of the same airport on the same day and can guest your hubby in.

If not, the day pass is worth it, in my opinion, for six hours.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Hartmann
There's also the President's Club Meetings thread. You can post there and maybe someone will be flying out of the same airport on the same day and can guest your hubby in.

If not, the day pass is worth it, in my opinion, for six hours.
Isn't there another thread where you guys are having a Tizzy about guesting other people in that you don't know?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Isn't there another thread where you guys are having a Tizzy about guesting other people in that you don't know?
Not I. You are confusing it with the WiFi thread in which I stated no opinion on the matter of legality
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
You can also by a Northwest WorldClub 60-day membership for $85. He would get in in Detroit before his flight to Newark also.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by trm2
You can also by a Northwest WorldClub 60-day membership for $85. He would get in in Detroit before his flight to Newark also.
We're getting closer and closer to the cost of a Priority Pass membership...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.