Search

reduced F overhead clearance 733

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
reduced F overhead clearance 733

Just a little gripe:

Trying to store a carryon of maximum allowable size in F of a 733 is practically impossible. Due to the cabin divider curtain track, the overhead doesn't open completely. The angle of approach (at least for a vertically challenged passenger like myself) doesn't allow for full bin utilization. 'Tis a shame.
[/Rant]
Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Don't forget that the cabin is also narrower up front so the bags have to go sideways, further reducing the overhead capacity in the F cabin
Old Jan 30, 2008, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Even worse is the 735.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
See, that's why you can turn off EUA on co.com. They know not everybody wants to get upgraded!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:26 pm

Programs: OnePass
Wink

Originally Posted by rkkwan
See, that's why you can turn off EUA on co.com. They know not everybody wants to get upgraded!
AGREE

all FC pax get a priority to preboard, so come on board first and stow your bags all the way to window exits, if you wish, or CHECK them.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
I was on a 735 a month or so back where the curtain rail had been modified to sit higher and allow the overhead bin door to open fully. I was hoping that this was going to be a standard mod and we would see it on other 735's.

Alas I have not seen it since.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87
I was on a 735 a month or so back where the curtain rail had been modified to sit higher and allow the overhead bin door to open fully. I was hoping that this was going to be a standard mod and we would see it on other 735's.

Some 735s have it, and some don't. It depended on what type of curtain rail was there originally; when they reconfigured those planes, they just moved what was there.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Some 735s have it, and some don't. It depended on what type of curtain rail was there originally; when they reconfigured those planes, they just moved what was there.
CO should reconfigure all 733 and 735's with the curtin divider problem. It is more than a little annoying, especially on the 735's.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by OnePass Since 87

The 735 I was on this morning had a this modification, resulting in a fully-opening overhead bin. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.