Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Yes we will tell everyone where to be at what time for the DO this weekend!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yes we will tell everyone where to be at what time for the DO this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Traffic is really never that light.

There are only two intersections with traffic lights, the one at Greens Rd. and the one at the Beltway, neither of which are directly in front of the hotels.

The intersection that separates the two hotels is actually a real traffic mess as there is a lot going on in a very small area. If you are going to cross there, just make sure to pay attention.
OK, finally some accurate information. The reason you need to be careful when crossing is that it's three lanes each way, everyone is trying to accelerate southbound when trying to gather speed for the flyover while others don't want them to cut in front of them. Northbound they are trying to catch the green light and not have anyone cut them off. Add to that no left turn lanes with plenty of people turning left while those behind them are going about 50 MPH, and you get the idea.

Sure, it can be done, just be careful. On the bright side there is a very large median so you only have to worry about cars going one way (at least they are supposed to be only going one way).

EmailKid
Old Sep 26, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I've crossed JFK there before at the Sheraton...it can be done... but be very, very careful. They drive fast and 'for keeps' down here in Houston and it's a busy street.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I see that we have "reservations" for the PC evening

When I was checking my account this AM I noticed a "reservation" for 9-29When I clicked on it it showed that it had not been ticketed and could not be retrieved. It had a record locater and a "charge" of $20. for the call center. Figured out it was a dummy booking to get us through the TSA for the PC Club party.

I really appreciate all the work that Cigarman, Scott, and a lot of employees at CO have done to make this event happen. Looking forward to the whole weekend.

Cheers
Old Sep 27, 2007, 3:29 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by Renard
I've crossed JFK there before at the Sheraton...it can be done... but be very, very careful. They drive fast and 'for keeps' down here in Houston and it's a busy street.
I second above - I don't recommend crossing JFK in front of Sheraton.

Majority of JFK Northbound (toward airport) drivers are focusing on changing to right or middle lane, as major off-airport parking (Park'n'Fly, Parking Spot, Parking Cents) are located right past Sheraton and left-most lane have to merge to right after passing Greens rd.

Majority of JFK Southbound (toward Beltway 8) drivers are also focusing on how to beat other cars to shift to right-most lane (or challenging how far they can continue middle lane before cutting into narrow gap of cars stuck on right lane) before traffic light to turn to Beltway 8 westbound.

Either way, pedestrians are the last "things" those drivers pay their attention...

Ask Sheraton shuttle driver to take you to Doubletree, or walk up to Greens road and cross at traffic light - or cross anywhere at your own risk.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Question - how late will the registration table be open at the doubletree on Friday evening? Have a few stops to make and don't see arrival until after 9 pm.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump.. and what time does registration on Friday close? Bueller? Anyone?
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Bump.. and what time does registration on Friday close? Bueller? Anyone?
When we run out of beer. And YES MR HAND I did bring enough for everyone...
Old Sep 27, 2007, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cigarman
When we run out of beer. And YES MR HAND I did bring enough for everyone...
Great. So I'll show up at 7:30 to grab the times.... Gee, Mr. Hand.. did I get the simulator??? "Mr Hand: I don't know!!!

Last edited by Flyer_70; Sep 27, 2007 at 9:57 pm Reason: make post a bit clearer.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Was just about to ask the question about what time the registration closed on Friday. You folks are on top of things!

I am not sure if I will be able to make it up there right at 7:30 due to traffic, but will try my best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.