FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Yes we will tell everyone where to be at what time for the DO this weekend! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/739614-yes-we-will-tell-everyone-where-what-time-do-weekend.html)

cigarman Sep 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Yes we will tell everyone where to be at what time for the DO this weekend!

We are working out the final few details. An email should go out in the next 24 hours plus a big post...okay? So hang on with all those PM's and emails for 24 hours! :eek::p:eek:

sbm12 Sep 24, 2007 9:05 pm

But I want an oompa loompa NOW daddy. :D :cool: :D

Scott6067 Sep 25, 2007 9:42 am

Email sent out....

Just received the email from CO about the DO. Check your in box.

Stripe Sep 25, 2007 10:17 am

Just got the email. A couple of questions remain unanswered (at least to me). Apologies if the info is buried in some other thread.

For those arriving at IAH by air on Saturday morning, what is the best way to get to the Doubletree? Call the hotel for a shuttle?

Will we get lunch at some point?

Scott6067 Sep 25, 2007 10:23 am

I would use the doubletree shuttle from the airport, call the hotel to double check but I think that the shuttle runs every half hour.

As far as lunch goes. In the past lunch was not provided. I would suggest a hardy breakfast as the meals have always been amble or make sure that you are on one of the catering tours and you will get some food there maybe.

Hartmann Sep 25, 2007 10:29 am

Received mine as well! :D ^

kingalien Sep 25, 2007 11:23 am

Email was well done ^.

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 8459805)
Will we get lunch at some point?

All you can eat calzones :D.

Kidding, lunch on your own.

nzqjyb Sep 25, 2007 11:28 am

Ok nothing on poker deal other than limited to 40 folks. How does one get in on that? Register at Term E PC that night or sooner? NZQJYB SO is hot on this and don't want her to miss part she has biggest interest in. Thanks.

Facevalue Sep 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Got our e-mail/invitation as well. Thanks again Scott/Cigar! I've decided not to wear the Speedo Friday night. (I always put the potato on the wrong side anyway)

cigarman Sep 25, 2007 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by nzqjyb (Post 8460238)
Ok nothing on poker deal other than limited to 40 folks. How does one get in on that? Register at Term E PC that night or sooner? NZQJYB SO is hot on this and don't want her to miss part she has biggest interest in. Thanks.

We will do first pay/ first play on the poker event Saturday night. However, I don't see a problem. It will hold roughly 10% of our attendees. I think we should be good. I'll see if we can take the money friday night to guarentee a seat.

fly co to see the yanks Sep 25, 2007 2:51 pm

leave it to flyertalkers to wonder about lunch. :D

CLEHillbilly Sep 25, 2007 3:32 pm

You know how picky we are with "meals at mealtime".

:)

fly co to see the yanks Sep 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by CLEHillbilly (Post 8461913)
You know how picky we are with "meals at mealtime".

i prefer to bring my own. in houston, i am definitely a chick fil a man.

Watchful Sep 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks (Post 8461630)
leave it to flyertalkers to wonder about lunch. :D

So if you need some OnePass Dining points, bop over to one of these:

Bennigans - 222 North Belt
Steak & Ale - 19707 Hwy 59

CLEHillbilly Sep 25, 2007 5:45 pm

<yawn> SSDD

Still the OPs question was not completely answered...the email and threads did not mention a lunch break.

Whoever wants to can carry their chik-fil-a-whatever around in their pocket for 4 hours and eat that &^%# at their leisure, but what about the rest of us wanting a Hot/fresh/healthy/meal?

At what time will there be a break for this? For us first time CO DO-ers is there a lunch break built into the schedule?