Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO Denied Me Boarding Because I Had No Pants On

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO Denied Me Boarding Because I Had No Pants On

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
>>>my fair share of man-hippos clad in spandex>>> "Hey honey, how bout that last upgrade, sweetheart"
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO 1E
One must adore the tacky sweatsuits many people wear (velour or otherwise), with something like "Juicy" or the name of a univeristy emblazoned accross the buttocks. This phenomenon is especially prevalent on redeyes ex-LAS.
Yes, and I love it when both the mother and daughter from Short Hills are wearing it. It also shows up quite frequently on the routes to PBI/FLL.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta,United 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Dont leave out TPA. Seems like some of the girls/ladies (and I use those terms loosely) think that Clearwater Beach is just off of the ramp.....

But for me the biggest offenders are those who decide to bathe in cologne/perfume prior to boarding the plane. Yuck!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yes, and I love it when both the mother and daughter from Short Hills are wearing it. It also shows up quite frequently on the routes to PBI/FLL.
LOL!

Here is a list of fashion phenomena observed on various CO routes. The list is not meant to be exhaustive:

Flights into or out of CLE/DTW: high occurrence of cheap/tacky dress shirts, ties, jackets, suits, shoes, etc. Occassional big hair.

Flights into or out of LAS: high concentration of aforementioned sweatsuits; many fraternity T-shirts and T-shirts with statements akin to "I'm with stupid;" more than average occurrences of big hair (especially CLE-LAS).

Flights into/out of PBI/FLL/MIA: aforementioned track/sweatsuits; flip-flop clad toe-pickers; high rate of flashy jewelry.

DCA-IAH: high rate of expensive suit-clad individuals with Blackberries and Treos.

DCA/BWI-CLE: mix of expensively and tackily-clad indivduals.

Anything involving MSY: aforementioned sweatsuits with words emblazoned on buttocks; fraternity shirts; occassional big hair and toe-pickers.

EWR/IAH-LGW/CDG/AMS: high concentration of people who wear tie for entire flight in BusinessFirst, including while asleep.

EWR/IAH-GRU (or GIG): many fashionably-clad individuals (mostly non-Americans).
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
I fly alot of personal and business. I have a problem with all of this crap. I paid for my daughter to fly First class from SA to LAX she had a Punk rock band tshirt on she was told she had to cover it up cause it didnt look right. I dont fly continental much anymore cause of it.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
strange attire

Two years ago I was on a Delta flight, a B763, out of Las Vegas and noticed a man take a seat two rows back from mine wearing a bikini brief, a tank top and sandals. I have to say that the pouch he was wearing revealed more information about his anatomy than I needed to know. About an hour out of Las Vegas he complained to the FA's about being cold and they went around closing all of the individual air vents in our part of the coach cabin. I guess they had run out of blankets. I protested having my air vent shut down and the FA said I had to leave it that way because, "the gentleman is cold". She came back to inspect it to see that I hadn't opened it.
I entertained myself pondering the question of how he came to be so skimpily attired for a cross country trip. I guess it is possible he had been mowing his lawn, was kidnapped and forced onto an airplane.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Orion
I protested having my air vent shut down and the FA said I had to leave it that way because, "the gentleman is cold". She came back to inspect it to see that I hadn't opened it.
I would have kept opening it.
My (paid) seat.
My air vent.

They should use Super Glue and glue/lock OPEN the air jets in the LAVs.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
As long as I'm not forced to put on a mask, I'll be OK.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
>>>EWR/IAH-GRU (or GIG): many fashionably-clad individuals (mostly non-Americans).>>> And those who fly from Burtonwood Airport in England to Sioux City are the bathhouse boys.

(I know, how juevenile can I get)

Last edited by chasbondy; Sep 13, 2007 at 10:59 am
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Uh...I'm offended

that SWN is offended about that gorgeous young woman wearing a mini-shorts and a skin-tight string top w/ that even-tighter crop sweater over those artificial....just a sec....

OK, I'm back. Where was I? Oh, yeah - anyway - I'm a poker player who likes to go to LV about 3-4 times a year for live game fixes. I am always visually offended (and amused at the same time - go figure) by the crowd to/from LV, especially the middle-aged to older women who try to squeeze 30 more pounds into an outfit that they bought 20 years and 40 pounds ago. And then there's the gold-chain encrusted beer-gutted husbands w/ the NASCAR jacket, both w/ fanny packs.

Since they've torn down the Westward Ho (the 'ho), Frontier, Sahara, Desert Inn, Boardwalk, Sands etc the room price average increase has taken it's toll on this fine spectacle. Luckily, there's still some new money high-roller trash that still amuses though.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
...I am always visually offended (and amused at the same time - go figure) by the crowd to/from LV, especially the middle-aged to older women who try to squeeze 30 more pounds into an outfit that they bought 20 years and 40 pounds ago.
LOL, I saw one of these last month but younger. In a white dress. Visualize the Michelin man.....
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SAFLYER66
I fly alot of personal and business. I have a problem with all of this crap. I paid for my daughter to fly First class from SA to LAX she had a Punk rock band tshirt on she was told she had to cover it up cause it didnt look right. I dont fly continental much anymore cause of it.
Sounds like someone might consider educating their daughter on appropriate dress in the FC cabin. Perhaps the anger is misdirected?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:36 am

I read a post that most Gold elites from British Airways (as an example) don't actually make that much money. They're mostly low level or mid-level management, in dressy suits.

If I want to wear a t-shirt, shorts, flip flops, and pay for my F seat (or earn the upgrade by elite status), why should I care what these self important business types think of my look?

I think that flying on a plane is like riding a bus, just that tickets cost more. As long as you have some common decency, then I don't see a problem with people wearing what they want.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Bonehead
Sounds like someone might consider educating their daughter on appropriate dress in the FC cabin. Perhaps the anger is misdirected?
I think if the dress is appropriate in the Economy cabin, it should be fine in the First Class cabin. Why should there be a difference?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by Tummy
I read a post that most Gold elites from British Airways (as an example) don't actually make that much money. They're mostly low level or mid-level management, in dressy suits.
I doubt that, unless you are using some very high threshold for "that much money." I do not think one can say that the investment bankers, corporate executives, oil company employees, etc. who fly BA's LHR-NYC/NRT/PEK/PVG/DXB etc. routes do not make "that much money."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.