Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Transfer continental miles away to anywhere else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I have 40000 Continental miles that don't seem to be getting used. Can I transfer them to ANY other FF program?

thanks
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:51 am

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/
Old Mar 16, 2007, 7:57 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
You would probably lose 80% of the miles in the conversion.

Hope you are enjoying the cricket, let us know, if you can stretch it to 3 more posts you may be admitted to a more helpful forum for this kind of question.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 8:13 pm

You can transfer them from OnePass to Amtrak and then to Midwest Airlines miles with no penalty.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 6:58 pm

CO-Amtrak-Hilton

I annually transfer 25K to Amtrak and then Amtrak to Hilton for 50K HHonors points.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:58 pm

Co-Amtrak - Hilton Honors Transfer Time?

Hi there, Im planning on transfering 160,000 american express rewards to continental and then continental to amtrak then amtrak to hilton honor so i can double up the hilton honor. (new to all this transfer stuff)
The continental point transfer time is a couple of days from what im told.

But could you help me out by telling me the turn around time for the amtrak to hilton honor for transfers you may have done? Thanks for the help.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Beware -- Amtrak will only let you transfer out a total of 25k points/year. If you transfer 160k points in it will take you a looong time to get them all out and into Hilton. Amtrak redemptions for Amtrak travel, by the way, are an excellent value.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors Silver, Pre✓
How does one transfer in miles from Continental using Amtrak's web system? I cannot find a link. I read an article that said starting Jan 1 2008 they limited point exchanging to Select members and higher of Amtrak. Any truth to this?

I too have Continental miles just building and haven't any use for them sitting there since I fly AA all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.